Christmas Otome [GxB][Otome][VN]NOW COMPLETE

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
niannn
Regular
Completed: Keynote, Die.Alone?, The Villaintine
Projects: The Villaintine: Sepia
Tumblr: niaaannn
itch: niannn

Re: Christmas Otome [GxB][Otome][VN]

#16 Post by niannn »

I'm so happy that I found this xD I thought it would be Osiria since I have a strong feeling that her route's going to happen based on VO, still I'm glad to see that you're working on another VN. So to answer questions:

1) Which blond is your favorite?
The Second Blond: Garret Carver xD I love his color combination (and idk I feel like he'd be a tsundere)!
2) What do you think of Maia as a protagonist? I think she's interesting and will be another strong protagonist like the first heroines.
From VO, I like the part where she showed off her mad hacking skills xD
3) Are you interested in playing this game? If so, why? Yes, because I love every VN you released so far! (I played even nonHoliday Otome VNs). My love for your VNs even multiplied after VO was released ~ so I'm really hyped for Christmas Otome xD
4) What caught your attention about it? Just the fact that it's the third VN in the Holiday Otome Series (I got curious on the title and when I clicked on the topic and saw what it was, I can't help but react xD)
5) Have you played the previous 2 games? Yes xD with special replays on VO just to get all endings and achievement I can possibly get xD
Image Image ImageImage

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#17 Post by 15385bic »

ladynamoru wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:31 am Yes, and I was hoping to see Kaiser's Son here as a love interest since hes Blonde (her type) or Rayner (not her type but the MVP of VO) but the new guys looks awesome so im happy.

QUESTIONS
I would like to ask what is the Time line of this game?
Is it before or after Valentines Otome?
I know that you mention that you guys won’t be going the ‘who did they end up with’ because too much variation (since there has 2 Heroine from HO and VO). But is it possible for you guys to just put Mira's? please?
She is a very fun and likeable character and unlike HO her game is a roller coaster ride. I just want to see more of Mira and her interaction to her hubby (especially Daire). I dont mind waiting for this game because this game worth the wait.
Kaiser's son is more of a red head well carrot, even though he does have the serious type pat.
Timeline would be roughly 2 months in game?
After VO (maia was woefully single in VO lol)
No to variations this time. Trying to keep things more short and simple.

And thanks to the others who have expressed their thoughts.
Heres a look at the new gui
Attachments
CO gui 1.jpg
CO choices GUI.jpg

Alia
Regular

#18 Post by Alia »

After thinking about it, I'm kind of glad HO and VO romance options won't be included. I would want to see lots of the characters I already love, and that would take away attention from the new ones. Also, my completionist self could easily get a bit burned out doing twenty-seven playthroughs in a row to get all the options. And since Maia isn't part of that best-friends-forever thing Mira and Emma have going on, it makes sense that they wouldn't figure as heavily in Maia's story.

That said, I, too, would like to see more of Mira and Emma with their guys. Do you plan on writing any more excerpt-ish farther-along-in-the-story scenes like the HO artbook's "Family Resemblance?" It'd be nice to briefly check in on our friends.

Corynth
Regular
Completed: Halloween Otome, Valentines Otome
Projects: Christmas Otome
Organization: Synokoria
Tumblr: synokoria
Deviantart: Corynth-Synokoria
itch: synokoria

#19 Post by Corynth »

Alia wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:49 am That said, I, too, would like to see more of Mira and Emma with their guys. Do you plan on writing any more excerpt-ish farther-along-in-the-story scenes like the HO artbook's "Family Resemblance?" It'd be nice to briefly check in on our friends.
We do have plans for new extra scenes in the VO fan book, but a lot of the stuff we wanted to cover was already done in VO or in the extra scenes already present in the game.
So the answer to that question is... maybe?

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#20 Post by 15385bic »

mainsc10.jpg
Currently what the mainscreen is looking like
Also maia hard at work

ladynamoru
Regular
Deviantart: ladynamoru

#21 Post by ladynamoru »

WOW NEW UPDATES!!! :D :D :D

Thanks for answering my question
Poor Rayner he will celebrate Christmas and Valentines alone. Not even his Kippy costume could help him grab some ladies.

The GUI is good but can you make the text box darker (since the font is white ) or make the font black (since my eyesight is not as good as it used to and white fonts in light textbox is kinda hard to read unless I played full screen in a wider monitor. :oops: Im sorry for my bad eyesight.)

Can this game be done before Christmas?
this will be a good Christmas gift to all the fans. But for me, a good game should not be rushed so Im willing to wait until the game is done.

Will this be the conclusion to the Holidays Otome?
No April Fools Otome? (coz im running out of Holidays to think of but I hope they will be more )

All in all the game looks great. Im looking forward to playing this game.
God bless you and advance Merry Christmas.

Alia
Regular

#22 Post by Alia »

I really like the picture of Maia on the menu screen. Is she doing a surreal sort of falling? Or is she curled up sleeping on her side with the pic rotated 90 degrees? Or both/neither?

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#23 Post by 15385bic »

ladynamoru wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:35 pm The GUI is good but can you make the text box darker (since the font is white ) or make the font black (since my eyesight is not as good as it used to and white fonts in light textbox is kinda hard to read unless I played full screen in a wider monitor. :oops: Im sorry for my bad eyesight.)

Can this game be done before Christmas?
this will be a good Christmas gift to all the fans. But for me, a good game should not be rushed so Im willing to wait until the game is done.

Will this be the conclusion to the Holidays Otome?
No April Fools Otome? (coz im running out of Holidays to think of but I hope they will be more )
We will see what we can do about readable text. Not sure what though yet

It wont be released before christmas. Demo maybe? Just maybe....

This isnt the end of the Holidays Otome series. ;]
Alia wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:06 am I really like the picture of Maia on the menu screen. Is she doing a surreal sort of falling? Or is she curled up sleeping on her side with the pic rotated 90 degrees? Or both/neither?
ehhhhh. Sleeping. rotated. or looking down at maybe? ^^'

tainapsilva

#24 Post by tainapsilva »

This look very good, I played the other two game and i'm in love with them, i mean i could play it again and again.
1) Which blond is your favourite?

The strawberry Blond, and his name is no so new, or i'm crazy?

2) What do you think of maia as a protagonist?

A Little weird, but i like her, Mira was cute and sexy. Emma super funny. Maia is almost me lol

3) Are you interested in playing this game? If so, why?

Of course, well I'm a fan, and i loved your games.

4) What caught your attention about it?

In really? The time, I just knew it t this game was coming but i was thinking this take more time for the romance guys.

5) Have you played the previous 2 games?
YUP, and Thanks for this amazing work

My english is rusty, so sorry.

Navian

#25 Post by Navian »

QUESTIONS
1) Which blond is your favourite?- Mikail He looks like he'll be an interesting character.
2) What do you think of maia as a protagonist? It'll be interesting to see a story from her point of view after playing the games from the view points of the girls in the first two games.
3) Are you interested in playing this game? If so, why? Definitely! I loved the Halloween and Valentine's games and I want to see how this game is going to continue on the series.
4) What caught your attention about it? The fact I played the previous two games... and the graphics of the protagonist and 3 male options. The artwork looks good so far!
5) Have you played the previous 2 games? Yep.

ilyilaice
Regular
Completed: Flights of Fancy, Limbokin, Loveless on Lockdown, Aria at the Funeraria, Pusoy Dos, Jester Under Pressure, Dabbling in Drama, Iridescent Descent, Spirits of Limbo, Serial Killers Anonymous
Organization: Orca Martian Games
Tumblr: hurtinghabits
Deviantart: ilyilaice
itch: ilyilaice
Discord: ilyilaice

#26 Post by ilyilaice »

Garret. I always did like the light-haired and dark-skinned types. The other two look more or less the same, and I kinda wish they look a little bit more distinct somehow.... But if I know myself, I'll most likely play the teacher's route first. I like the cool, aloof, stoic, unattainable older man trope, which is why I chose Daire first when I played VO (though I ended up liking Zane more).

2) What do you think of Maia as a protagonist?
Unlike Mira, she seems like the typical otome protagonist at first glance. Serious, reserved, naive ... but after playing two of your games, I'm confident you're going to put some sort of unique spin to her character, so I'm not at all worried. I'm sure I'll learn to love her as a heroine.

3) Are you interested in playing this game? If so, why?
Yes, because your team has never let us down before. <3 My three favorite "holidays" are Halloween, Valentine's, and Christmas, so if this is the last of a trilogy, sign me up. (I am also excited about your future game involving Osiria, et al).

4) What caught your attention about it?
Just finished playing VO, so I was reading the forum and I saw you guys were already planning the next in the series. <3 I am excited beyond belief.

5) Have you played the previous two games?
Yes, and I loved both. <3
Completed Games: Flights of Fancy (NaNoRenO 2019), Limbokin (NaNoRenO 2020), Loveless on Lockdown (NaNoRenO 2021), Aria at the Funeraria (Otome Jam 2021), Pusoy Dos (Spooktober 2021), Jester Under Pressure (NaNoRenO 2022), Dabbling in Drama (Otome Jam 2022), Iridescent Descent (Spooktober 2022), Spirits of Limbo (NaNoRenO 2023), Serial Killers Anonymous (Spooktober 2023). See them all here.

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Christmas Otome [GxB][Otome][VN]DEMO OUT

#27 Post by 15385bic »

My head hurts but the demo is ready! In time for Christmas! Merry X-mas everyone and hope you guys enjoy the demo. Music may sound familiar since new music requires money >_>'
Please give feedback on anything else we can change. We may or may not listen ^^
https://synokoria.itch.io/christmas-otome'

Corynth
Regular
Completed: Halloween Otome, Valentines Otome
Projects: Christmas Otome
Organization: Synokoria
Tumblr: synokoria
Deviantart: Corynth-Synokoria
itch: synokoria

#28 Post by Corynth »

So, it seems in my excitement to get out a release for Christmas, I accidentally misplaced a BG while building the Demo >_>
The Demo has been updated to 1.0.1 to fix this.

ladynamoru
Regular

#29 Post by ladynamoru »

After working despite the danger of the virus, today is the day that I can catch up with my backlogs of Otome Game titles that I havent played yet.

And as I checked the forums.....YES !!!! the DEMO is here! (But I wished that I checked the forums earlier like...... 3-4 months earlier. )

But this game has a special place in my heart so while I'm typing this comment, Im currently downloading this 146mb demo.

And.... its done.
Time to play (I dont care if its 10:38pm I'll finish this Demo.)

BRB

ladynamoru
Regular

#30 Post by ladynamoru »

ladynamoru wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:31 am Hello and good day.
In terms of coloring I liked the strawberry blonde.
Scratch that I think I'll like GARRET than the other male targets... Well I still like Mick's hair color.

The Art and Writing are great as always
The fonts are readable which is good.

GAME PLAY

The Map system is a nice touch.
The different coloured ice is a really nice feature

Its not a stat rasing game so thats ok as well. (it can be a chore sometimes) but since Maia has multiple work I thought Ill see a work schedule.

Unlike HO, I havent seen any puzzle.
Yes I know this is not a story of Halloween Competition, but those puzzles is what set HO different than other Otome Games

STORY

Mira is married to Idk who (pls pm me who she ended up with)
well she has fake marriage before but .... I still want to know the true pair coz VO is my fav.
I feel like Im playing 2 games at the same time because Maia is being overshadowed by Osiria's strong personality.
I wonder if Osiria is the next female protagonist (coz I see 2 potential love interest for her well .... 3 if it includes ReNo.)

I don't have a problem with Osiria and the side characters and I want to see more of them, but in their OWN GAME not on this one. I prefer seeing more Mira though.

Unlike Mira, Maia seems like the typical otome protagonist at first glance with the exception of her hacking skills but she is the kind of character that develops as the story progress.

The Demo looks good and Im excited to see the final product.... wow its 3:04 am already. Im sleepy. Goodnight.