Christmas Otome [GxB][Otome][VN]NOW COMPLETE

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Corynth
Regular
Completed: Halloween Otome, Valentines Otome
Projects: Christmas Otome
Organization: Synokoria
Tumblr: synokoria
Deviantart: Corynth-Synokoria
itch: synokoria

Re: Christmas Otome [GxB][Otome][VN]DEMO OUT

#31 Post by Corynth »

So I kinda forgot about posting this update here >_>'' I can't believe it's been over 2 years since we last made a post in this thread OTL.
ladynamoru wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:05 pm
STORY

Mira is married to Idk who (pls pm me who she ended up with)
well she has fake marriage before but .... I still want to know the true pair coz VO is my fav.
I feel like Im playing 2 games at the same time because Maia is being overshadowed by Osiria's strong personality.
I wonder if Osiria is the next female protagonist (coz I see 2 potential love interest for her well .... 3 if it includes ReNo.)

I don't have a problem with Osiria and the side characters and I want to see more of them, but in their OWN GAME not on this one. I prefer seeing more Mira though.

Unlike Mira, Maia seems like the typical otome protagonist at first glance with the exception of her hacking skills but she is the kind of character that develops as the story progress.
We've left Mira's husband vague so the player can headcanon whichever LI from VO they want as him. It's just a lot of work to put in different events based on each (and if you consider Emma's BF as well it gets worse with 3*3*3 possibilities @_@) and we wanted CO to be simpler. But we also didn't want to just pick a canon and let the other guys get shafted so... Yeah, player's choice. It also meant we couldn't have Mira stick around because her LI choice would have had a big impact on the story if she did (Kiron's being too closely related to Aureast and the
kidnapping incidents
meaning Mira would also become a part of Maia's investigation, Daire's route
actually revealing the mastermind and his motivation thus making all of Maia's hard work moot if she just asked Mira
hahahaaaa)
(Yes, that's right. Mira's honeymoon is 2 months long :mrgreen: That's where all the extra money made in VO is going :mrgreen: )

Ahaha, you're right about Maia having room for development. Because Osiria, Emma and Maia are such strong personalities she also feels like she's a side character in her own life. And then she gets a sudden protagonist upgrade with all the problems that brings XD. After all, a side character gets to go home and leave all the drama behind but a protagonist doesn't get that option - trouble follows them everywhere.

I can't say too much on it at this point, but it's good that it comes across the way Maia, herself, feels it considering it's from her POV. We, the observers, know she's supposed to be the main character but she doesn't lol

BUT - on to the update (crossposted from the one on tumblr):

After all this time…
We’ve finally (finally!) Finished writing the main routes and ends. Christmas Otome has breached 100K words and the writing is almost complete!
We’re still super slow though, so there’s still plenty of time before release, but we’re tentatively expecting a 2021 release (no fingers, not 2032. We’re slow but not that slow).

There's also the CGs that were missing from the demo because they were completed too late. They are from when Maia decided to go to the amusement park, go hiking or to the beach:

Corynth
Regular

#32 Post by Corynth »

So, progress update:

Code: Select all

Statistics:

The game contains 11,502 dialogue blocks, containing 127,158 words and 654,340
characters, for an average of 11.1 words and 57 characters per block.

The game contains 19 menus, 578 images, and 97 screens.
  • Story is pretty much complete, barring any last minute additions
  • We're at the emoting/extra art/animations stage
Emoting might be tedious, but seeing things comes together is definitely the most fun part of it.
CO might not have Live2D but it probably has the most animation of all our games so far^^

Arkhane
Regular

#33 Post by Arkhane »

Hello There,
It's been quite a while :)

Before going to the questions, first of all thank you for all of your games <3
And second Kippy is the cutest :3

QUESTIONS
1) Which blond is your favourite?
Are you asking in term of color? or in character?
In term of characters' hair, blond isn't my favorite, i would settle for bright red, fiery, white, black, blue why not pink and green but not blond. :D
As for the characters... That's a tough question. Despite what I thought first, I think that Liam is my favorite right now. I do love the exchange between the characters especially when Maia ends up in more or less strange situation due to Coddy. It makes me laugh.
Mick is cute, but he looks too sweet according to what we saw in the amusement park. And helping a potential love interest to get with someone else... Not appealing, except if it's a trap from the said Love interest to get closer to the MC.
And Garrett, i do love villains however, he just not strikes me as a bad guy, but a nice sporty guy doing his best to survive. For me he doesn't have that spark that would make him interesting so far.

2) What do you think of Maia as a protagonist?
I think she is a nice girl, even if too prude to my taste (opinion forged through the previous games).
I especially like the way she processes things with the green icons.

3) Are you interested in playing this game? If so, why?
Yes! Why? I like your work :D
Usually that kind of games that occurs in the present time and is too close to reality isn't my cup of tea. But!
I like the arts, the mucic and the Chibbi, I like the humour and the stories. Each characters really has his own personality and is different from the other, it's really nice. I have fun looking the different reminders of the other games.

4) What caught your attention about it?
The magic of course (as in the previous game too) :) And the sigils are so lovely, can't decide if my favorite is the fiery or the sylvan one... The last one is too disproportioned to my taste.
Aside from that, quite a bunch of hot males :3
And a bunch of fun to come.

5) Have you played the previous 2 games?
I played Halloween a long time ago when you developed it and in my memories, I played only two routes : Erik and Landon. So of course, I had to start all over again with some more years of experiences.

1) Halloween.
I had fun, and Erik would have been my favorite if there wasn't all of that drama things with Emma... Can't resist those red eyes and that so attractive smirk
Aside from that for me the routes were all equal. There is one thing though... That music during comical situation had me laughing hard. I love it!

2) Let's get to the main dish : Valentine.
Are you serious?! Where is Fallon's secret route? :o Why can't we caught such an appealing male? :o That sucks...
Let's start from the beginning :D
I played each route and you know what, I liked them all which is kind of unusual for me. Usually, there is only one or two that are appealing, but there. All of them were interesting. Even Kiron, I thought I would dislike... I laugh so hard during this run.... That cooking skill is just so aweeeeesome.
Zane... i would have love to shave him, but aside from that, he is what you never expected and even there it goes further. It was quite refreshing.
As for Daire, well, he is really nice without his glasses too. I just loved to see how passionate that man can be.
If I have to pick up a fav route, that would be Daire’s, but not because he has something more than the others, they all have their appeal, but because of the side characters. If you could make a game with Fallon, Kaye, the big bad boss of Kaye and an equivalent of Reynard (without the loyal dog's behavior...) I would totally love it...
Talking of which, Daire's route is quite difficult to play if you want to unlock everything : the money for the auction, the clothes for that so appealing male which in the end has to be ready fairly early and not at the end as the other route. And to top it all, I chose Tyler for Emma for this route which needed some social to trigger something too... Well I had to start again to reach my goals.

I totally loved the outfits, from Emma's dress to the different fairytale costumes -> (A costume for Fallon and Kaye? Fallon totally reminds me of a dragon ... or why not a phoenix... As for Kaye, i would see him in either as ice phoenix or maybe something like an ancient god or something like this...) I've lost my mind it seems, let's go back on track :D

6) Questions / Remarks?

I found a couple of typo but only screened one.

https://imgur.com/fLpGRoE

What else is there to say?
Thank you again, keep up the good work and I really hope to see more soon

Bye bye :3

chocobikies

#34 Post by chocobikies »

Arkhane wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:20 pm Before going to the questions, first of all thank you for all of your games <3
And second Kippy is the cutest :3

QUESTIONS
1) In term of characters' hair, blond isn't my favorite, i would settle for bright red, fiery, white, black, blue why not pink and green but not blond. :D
As for the characters... That's a tough question. Despite what I thought first, I think that Liam is my favorite right now. I do love the exchange between the characters especially when Maia ends up in more or less strange situation due to Coddy. It makes me laugh.
Mick is cute, but he looks too sweet according to what we saw in the amusement park. And helping a potential love interest to get with someone else... Not appealing, except if it's a trap from the said Love interest to get closer to the MC.
And Garrett, i do love villains however, he just not strikes me as a bad guy, but a nice sporty guy doing his best to survive. For me he doesn't have that spark that would make him interesting so far.

3) Are you interested in playing this game? If so, why?
Yes! Why? I like your work :D
Usually that kind of games that occurs in the present time and is too close to reality isn't my cup of tea. But!
I like the arts, the mucic and the Chibbi, I like the humour and the stories. Each characters really has his own personality and is different from the other, it's really nice. I have fun looking the different reminders of the other games.

4) What caught your attention about it?
The magic of course (as in the previous game too) :) And the sigils are so lovely, can't decide if my favorite is the fiery or the sylvan one... The last one is too disproportioned to my taste.
Aside from that, quite a bunch of hot males :3
And a bunch of fun to come.

X) Let's get to the main dish : Valentine.
Are you serious?! Where is Fallon's secret route? :o Why can't we caught such an appealing male? :o That sucks...
Let's start from the beginning :D
Zane... i would have love to shave him, but aside from that, he is what you never expected and even there it goes further. It was quite refreshing.
As for Daire, well, he is really nice without his glasses too. I just loved to see how passionate that man can be.
If I have to pick up a fav route, that would be Daire’s, but not because he has something more than the others, they all have their appeal, but because of the side characters. If you could make a game with Fallon, Kaye, the big bad boss of Kaye and an equivalent of Reynard (without the loyal dog's behavior...) I would totally love it...
Talking of which, Daire's route is quite difficult to play if you want to unlock everything : the money for the auction, the clothes for that so appealing male which in the end has to be ready fairly early and not at the end as the other route. And to top it all, I chose Tyler for Emma for this route which needed some social to trigger something too... Well I had to start again to reach my goals.

I totally loved the outfits, from Emma's dress to the different fairytale costumes -> (A costume for Fallon and Kaye? Fallon totally reminds me of a dragon ... or why not a phoenix... As for Kaye, i would see him in either as ice phoenix or maybe something like an ancient god or something like this...) I've lost my mind it seems, let's go back on track :D

6) Questions / Remarks?
I found a couple of typo but only screened one.

Hiya - and thanks! Yes Kippy is adorable and he's wondering why his puppy dog eyes isn't enough to entice me to play ball with him as I type this (the real Kippy anyways ^^')
1) ANSWER --> In terms of blond - not my type either >_> - it all started when we wrote VO and I was like - Ok - maia has a type right? what colour have we not used yet for characters??? --> blond. Now if only I could rewind time and say something different. It ended up working out though since there are different shades of blond.
Gar isn't a villain! He really is a nice sporty guy doing his best! <-- currently my fav snowball lol- i mean - nope. I have no favs *cough*

3) I'm not sure how close to reality our games are ^^' - they're a bit ... kinda crazy but yeah I get what you mean. I'm looking forward to something more fantasy style as well >_<

X) There's the random ALT (alternate universe scenario) where maia DOES marry Fallon.....lets just say it's not exactly the best sorta scenario
[youtube]https://youtu.be/Lfm8Pl0jab4[/youtube]
PS - those side characters will definitely play a bigger role in future games- maybe
I will even consider those random fairytale costumes for a future artbook *hides face*

6) thanks! We are so bad at picking up our own typos because the brain only wants to read how we think we wrote it. Hence why we will need to look for betas soon......

GAH - I NEED TO KICK MY BUTT INTO GEAR WITH DRAWING CG's

Anyways - end goal is near! Look forward to it ~ :D

Arkhane
Regular

#35 Post by Arkhane »

chocobikies wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:32 pm
Hiya - and thanks! Yes Kippy is adorable and he's wondering why his puppy dog eyes isn't enough to entice me to play ball with him as I type this (the real Kippy anyways ^^')
1) ANSWER --> In terms of blond - not my type either >_> - it all started when we wrote VO and I was like - Ok - maia has a type right? what colour have we not used yet for characters??? --> blond. Now if only I could rewind time and say something different. It ended up working out though since there are different shades of blond.
Gar isn't a villain! He really is a nice sporty guy doing his best! <-- currently my fav snowball lol- I mean - nope. I have no favs *cough*

3) I'm not sure how close to reality our games are ^^' - they're a bit ... kinda crazy but yeah I get what you mean. I'm looking forward to something more fantasy style as well >_<

X) There's the random ALT (alternate universe scenario) where maia DOES marry Fallon.....lets just say it's not exactly the best sorta scenario
[youtube]https://youtu.be/Lfm8Pl0jab4[/youtube]
PS - those side characters will definitely play a bigger role in future games- maybe
I will even consider those random fairytale costumes for a future artbook *hides face*

6) thanks! We are so bad at picking up our own typos because the brain only wants to read how we think we wrote it. Hence why we will need to look for betas soon......

GAH - I NEED TO KICK MY BUTT INTO GEAR WITH DRAWING CG's

Anyways - end goal is near! Look forward to it ~ :D
Hiiiiiii!! So happy to see that everything is still on track :D

1) It’s not that bad in the end to have a bunch of guys with the same type of hair color. I had a good laugh hearing about the story behind.
The stupid thing I am the happy about, in the art part, is that you didn’t add any mole on those perfect faces.
If you had the choice, which colors (hairs and eyes) would you have picked? You made me curious.

3) I am so glad we understand each other! Starting from today's world and enhancing it with some magic is nice.

4) No way!!!! That's not a happy ending, I am a happy ending sucker. Usually, I avoid those who aren't :D
In a way, if Maia only sees Fallon as beautiful hair, well it's understandable. However, I am sure that he is far more than that and with little persuasion he might let go off his wife and forget his revenge .... Such a shame. Even if I understand that Fallon being all lovey dovey doesn't suit your plans. XD
Well as you get it, his attitude, aura, hidden dangerous part, personable behavior belong to the type of characters I love (except the lost long wife ... I can go on without it, but if it comes as a package, it's ok, I can make an exception :lol: )

:o More fairytales costumes ?! Oh yeah!!!! Can't wait to see them!
Kippy come here Puppy.
*Akhane picks up Kippy and holds the so cute furry ball toward chocobikies. ->Kippy Puppy eyes attack.*

6) Yeah! I know what it's like don’t worry. I'll pay more attention in my next run of the game to make sure to screen them all. It's not pokemon, it's Typomon.
I subscribed to this thread, so I won't miss the new posts and activated mails for pm. So don't hesitate to ask if you need a beta :)

I can give you a boost with my foot if it helps you, especially if it motivates you to draw more lovely CG. But you know what? I have a better idea to wake you up. You know like in cartoons:
*Hold the leash to chocobikies and throws a bones far away.*
Go Kippy go :D
*Wait to see chocobikies being dragged away by Kippy … motivated by the sudden “Run” with Kippy.*
Who wants pop corn?

chocobikies

#36 Post by chocobikies »

Christmas Otome looking for Beta Testers
We’re now opening applications for beta testers and proofreaders for Christmas Otome.

In celebration of that, here’s a look at the opening video:

Christmas Otome features:

3 Love interests
A map system
A shop system
~130K words
Demo can be found here

The planned time period for beta testing is from 8 October 2021 to 29 October 2021 (3 weeks).

If you’re interested please answer in the format under the cut and we’ll let you know if you’ve been selected to beta in a few days.

Please either pm Corynth or apply via discord (must be a member of the Synokoria discord server) by messaging Corynth#1307.

Name(What you want to be credited as):

Email:

Discord Username:

Preferred method of contact (email or discord):

Guy that you’re most interested in:

Why are you interested in being a beta tester/proofreader?:

Did you play Halloween Otome/Valentines Otome?:

If so, what were your thoughts on Halloween Otome/Valentines Otome?:

Computer Specifications:

Kindly note that this is a call for Mac/PC/Linux testers. There are currently no plans for a Mobile (Android/iOS) release.

Please only apply if you have enough free time to make several playthroughs during the set period.

Also note that you will be expected to write down the following as you test:

choices made
any typos found
any errors or inconsistencies that may come up
reactions/opinions

ALMOST THERE~ THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ANY APPLICANTS

Corynth
Regular

Re: Christmas Otome [GxB][Otome][VN]BETA TESTERS NEEDED

#37 Post by Corynth »

chibi ho co vo smaller.jpg
Trick or treat from Synokoria- our MC’s are here to celebrate the upcoming Halloween 🎃. Emma From Halloween Otome, Mira from Valentines Otome and our newest member Maia who is starring in Christmas Otome!

Beta is well underway and we are happy to announce that the release day will be... Halloween*? Is this a trick? Or will this be a treat? Look forward to more notices.
All games are free- follow the links if you are interested in learning more!

*Or the day before depending on your timezone
===================================================================================================
That's right! We finally have a release date!!!

chocobikies

Re: Christmas Otome [GxB][Otome][VN]BETA TESTERS NEEDED

#38 Post by chocobikies »

GAME IS NOW COMPLETE - head to lemma complete thread or itch.io for more info