Christmas Otome [GxB][Otome][VN]NOW COMPLETE

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

Christmas Otome [GxB][Otome][VN]NOW COMPLETE

#1 Post by 15385bic »

Christmas Otome is the sequel to Valentines Otome and the third entry in the "Holiday Otome" series. It will (ideally) be shorter and less complex than Valentines Otome was.

Protagonist:
Name: Maia Cosgrove (name changeable) is the protagonist of this game.
Personality: Smart, serious and quiet
Occupation: University student and part-time waitress. Occasionally volunteers at the hospital.

Plot:
With graduation drawing near and Emma's relationship getting serious, Maia starts to wonder about her future. Should she listen to her parents and return home or try to make it here in the city? A chance encounter leaves her with just a couple months to melt a frozen heart but can this super serious girl do it?

Love Interests:
Maia has a type : blond and serious.

Her high school crush
A new coworker
A customer at Joseph'S

Progress:
Script:~ 10000 (prologue is complete~)
Coding: 0%
GUI: 0%
Sprites: 60%
CG's: 0 %
This will be a 'pay what you want' game but you will be able to play it for free as well.

QUESTIONS
1) Which blond is your favourite?
2) What do you think of maia as a protagonist?
3) Are you interested in playing this game? If so, why?
4) What caught your attention about it?
5) Have you played the previous 2 games?
Halloween Otome
Valentines Otome

GAME NOW OUT
https://synokoria.itch.io/christmas-otome

Last edited by 15385bic on Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:54 am, edited 4 times in total.

caibanh

Re: Christmas Otome [GxB][Otome][VN]

#2 Post by caibanh »

Not yet. I can't decide just to look at them. If only appearance then except the new co-worker one LOL
I expect this when I play Valentine Otome so no suprise. Really look forward to see how she play as the heroine.
Bcs Maia LOL
Game tittle and Maia LOL
Yes.

ArizaLuca
Veteran
Completed: Through the Screen, Riddle Me This, Trust Fall, Phobias, Another Adventure
Projects: The Souls in the Seams, Fata Morgana, Minecraft: Story Mode - Behind the Scenes
Organization: Astral Autumn Games
Tumblr: astralautumngames
Deviantart: ArizaLuca
itch: astralautumngames

#3 Post by ArizaLuca »

Awwww yeah, I'm so hyped for this! Can't wait to see Maia trying to romance people.

1) Ahhhh, honestly, they all look so precious! I'd have to say Liam right now, since he looks like a nice guy.
2) I think it'll be fun to see her try to get through the romance while being herself.
3) Of course I'm interested in playing this game; and it's because the previous two games were absolutely amazing, so therefore this one feels like it's going to be just as amazing.
4) It's made by you guys! Synokoria makes such cute games!
5) Yes indeed!

Bobipicolina

#4 Post by Bobipicolina »

abc
Last edited by Bobipicolina on Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

tsunafishsisyis

#5 Post by tsunafishsisyis »

Aww hell yeah, I'm so here for another installment in the Holiday Otome series.
Currently, Garret. I like his name and design. I too, like serious dudes and he looks like the deadpan snarker type. He also looks kinda like a tsundere which is a bonus.
We've been shown that she's kinda iffy in social situations, she's pretty grounded, and good with technology. I look forward to seeing her development.
Of course. I think Maia makes an interesting protagonist and I can't wait to see what happens.
Well, everything really. I'm also kinda glad that it'll be shorter and less complex than Valentines Otome.
Yup, and I still think of Halloween Otome and replay it every so often. I'm a sucker for visual novels which take place within the context of a game.

Miyazaki Momoko

#6 Post by Miyazaki Momoko »

THANK YOU FOR PRODUCING HIGH-QUALITY OTOMES FOR FREE, IT WAS HIGHLY APPRECIATED ^______________^

THE STRAWBERRY BLOND *^*

I still hadn't play VO, is downloading it now, so I've got no idea~ ^^;;

Umm we'll see when it's done; if I actually do got time to play it ;w;

Because Halloween Otome still plays a big impact on me, so I'm looking forward to the developers' future games~ I actually downloaded the VO demo the moment it came out because I was so excited for your future releases!

Halloween Otome was one of my most favorite game of all time tbvh. There are times I would randomly thought of the scenes in it, even after years later. Especially when the main character had to choose to sent who of her group member to which part of the event, (for example asking for a tampon from a woman LMAO) it was so fun!! I LOVE THE WOLF GUY, HASN'T FOUND ANOTHER OTOME CHARACTER I LOVE AS MUCH AS HIM TBVH :D Also, the OST and the ghost scene still came to me randomly, somehow~

Talking about it... I may went back to playing it later :D

Valentine Otome, not yet. But I'll went downloading it straight away. Not sure will love it as much as HO tho, but we'll see ;)

Aquane
Veteran

#7 Post by Aquane »

This is great, I can't wait! I played your other two games and I loved them both to pieces. Emma is hilarious, I loved playing as a sexy and strong protagonist like Mira, because that's kind of rare to see in a MC.

Just based on appearances, Garret is my favorite. And Maia, well... honestly I didn't like her. I felt she was a real stick in the mud type of person. That said, we didn't learn too awfully much about her, so maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. Shes definitely pretty, brown hair and green eyes is my favorite combination in female characters. I just hope she isn't too stoic.

Good luck with working on this! I'll definitely be awaiting the release.

Alia
Regular

#8 Post by Alia »

It will likely change when I learn more about them, but judging solely from name and look, I'll go with Mikhail. Partly because I've got a friend with that name, and partly because I like the way his eye color really stands out with that background.

Yay, Maia! Judging from what we saw of her in VO, I can really relate to her. It's great how your protagonists so far are so different from each other.

Yes, because I love all 3-4 of your games. And because I'm excited about Maia.
I do hope that even with the protagonist and love interests being "serious" types there will still be room for some of your trademark humor.

Synokoria.

Yes. Have you decided whether this one will be a pick-route-ahead-of-time like VO, or pick-during-the-game like HO?

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by 15385bic »

Alia wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:12 pm Have you decided whether this one will be a pick-route-ahead-of-time like VO, or pick-during-the-game like HO?
It is currently pick as you go like ho =]

Thank everyone so far for their thoughts. We are endeavouring to make (slow) progress on CO and hope that you will enjoy it even if some characters aren't to your taste. Still no where near finished so here is lineart (still working on color scheme) of "Mr Suit"! When a random mob character from VO gets his own sprite you know you'll be in for some more randomness.
suits lines.jpg

Alwerien
Regular

#10 Post by Alwerien »

Went back today to continue with Valentines Otome (I think I was waiting for the guide and then kind of got distracted..and yeah.) and while checking its thread found link to this one. So excited! Maia is a sweetheart and deserves her story told too. And I hope we get to see a ton of Osiria since they are friends. Which should be a nice prelude to her story~

Emma- Ahem. I mean, there is not much to go by now so... by looks alone, Mikhail.

2) What do you think of Maia as a protagonist?
Hmm... From VO, we haven't really learned much about her so I think she deserves character development that will make her into one.

I'm excited to learn more of her story! Also, there are gonna be cameos, right. Which makes me wonder if you plan to make it a choice again of who Emma ended up with (and now Mira too)... If there is a choice though, it would be great if there was a possibility to say they didn't end up with any of the eligible bachelors. Like continuing from some not-best endings where they are still around, but just friends.

I'd just like to learn more about the characters and I'm sure the new ones will be great as well.

Yep! Currently playing VO, actually. Seen most of the endings and filling the gaps now. I'm definitely enjoying the game... except that All lines achievement. The perfectionist in me needs it....but how will I know what I'm missing... x__x Checking off all the events I have seen but that still leaves all the variants based on previously not/seen events and such. I can see the Rayner in you ;A;

Anyway, really looking forward to this. If we don't pick a route in the beginning though, I'd welcome an independent ending. Already thought some would be really fitting for Mira since she's such amazing accomplished person but with the route pick and it being Valentines, it worked out the way it was. But it would be nice if there was the option with Maia. Or maybe some secret Osiria endi- I like Mr Suits.
I love it when games with romance option have possible love interests both male and female. I wish there were more games like that. :<

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by 15385bic »

Alwerien wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:49 pm And I hope we get to see a ton of Osiria since they are friends. Which should be a nice prelude to her story~

I'm excited to learn more of her story! Also, there are gonna be cameos, right. Which makes me wonder if you plan to make it a choice again of who Emma ended up with (and now Mira too)... If there is a choice though, it would be great if there was a possibility to say they didn't end up with any of the eligible bachelors. Like continuing from some not-best endings where they are still around, but just friends

Or maybe some secret Osiria endi-
Yes to Osiris being more in the game =)

Yes to cameos.mira will less likely appear and ems makes a few appearances but we won’t be going the ‘who did they end up with’ because too much variation.

Osiris ending will be more like general, Maia ends up with no one?

JBShields
Regular
Projects: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=47586
Organization: First Step Cinematics

#12 Post by JBShields »

Whoot! I love your previous works! Looking forwards to this one!

ladynamoru
Regular
Deviantart: ladynamoru

#13 Post by ladynamoru »

Hello and good day.
In terms of coloring I liked the strawberry blonde.

After playing Valentines Otome I knew next will be Maia and it will be Christmas
I expect that it will be Maia's time to shine and get out of her room more.

Yes, because I loved the 2 previous games and Im curious to what happened to Emma and Mira

Synokoria

Yes, and I was hoping to see Kaiser's Son here as a love interest since hes Blonde (her type) or Rayner (not her type but the MVP of VO) but the new guys looks awesome so im happy.

QUESTIONS
I would like to ask what is the Time line of this game?
Is it before or after Valentines Otome?
I know that you mention that you guys won’t be going the ‘who did they end up with’ because too much variation (since there has 2 Heroine from HO and VO). But is it possible for you guys to just put Mira's? please?
She is a very fun and likeable character and unlike HO her game is a roller coaster ride. I just want to see more of Mira and her interaction to her hubby (especially Daire). I dont mind waiting for this game because this game worth the wait.

NandaMoon
Tumblr: nandamoony
itch: nanda811

#14 Post by NandaMoon »

I'm sooooooo happy you are making another game for this series! I really love Halloween Otome and Valentine Otome.
I'm kinda sad and also relieved there aren't going to be a "‘who did they end up with’" thing, it would be away too much work. Even more because there'd be 2 games to account for this time. I'm still amazed with the complexity of Valentine Otome, half of the play-time I just couldn't stop think of all the work it took to plan and built the game.
I'm really looking forward to seeing how Christmas Otome will be like. And part of me is glad that the game will be less complex, though the complexity in the second game was great.

Answers:
For now I think is Liam. I was expecting an teacher from high school to be her interest since... well, I see what you did there!

I'm very happy she'll be the MC. I liked her a lot during the previous game, and I'm glad we'll be able to get to know her more. She being more shy and reserved made be like her since she was a contrast to the other girls, and made me curious about how she thinks.

Of course! It will be great see the continuation of the universe in the Holiday Otome games. The characters are very well developed and very charming and it makes the player engage in the story and curious about what is going to happen. Also, she is the only one in the house that hasn't found true love.

Quoting people above: Synokoria.

YES, more than once by now xD

Bobipicolina

#15 Post by Bobipicolina »

abc
Last edited by Bobipicolina on Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.