Royal Alchemist [Player x B][Fantasy Court Stats Raising] Full Game RELEASED!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Xand
Regular

Re: Royal Alchemist [GxB][BxB][Fantasy Court Stats Raising] KICKSTARTER LIVE!

#61 Post by Xand »

Nice to see you succeed with Kickstarter! I will be waiting for your game to play it. It's always refreshing to see otomes with good graphics. Hope the plot also will be interesting. And good luck guys. See you on Steam someday.

Demetis
Regular

#62 Post by Demetis »

Xand wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:16 am Nice to see you succeed with Kickstarter! I will be waiting for your game to play it. It's always refreshing to see otomes with good graphics. Hope the plot also will be interesting. And good luck guys. See you on Steam someday.
Thank you so much! :D We'll keep doing our best to bring out the full release soon \o/

We're at the last 14 hours of our kickstarter and have passed 2 stretch goals!!! Check us out if you haven't yet!

Thank you all so much for the support you have given us so far! Please consider sharing us on Social Media for the last spurt! :D

Twitter | Tumblr

Our physical rewards in one overview!

Demetis
Regular

#63 Post by Demetis »

A quick update regarding our current status!

As our demo has mentioned, it doesn't contain all scenes that are planned for the time frame! It doesn't contain all side characters yet either!
With this, we'd like to introduce you to Lady Ishbell! (Sala isn't the only female character in the game! And Alexis isn't the youngest either :D )

We're currently reviewing multiple things to improve the current gameflow!

Gameplay-wise, we've made changes to the crafting. Crafting an item will no longer take a whole week. This will give you more time to raise stats and optionally experience more missions. Those, however, will still take time as before.

There are some subtle changes being made to the interface. For example, the Stats Raising screen now has the Princes' names under their portrait & more noticeable button status.

Also, the new Grimoire is being implemented. It will allow you to check on Character Stats and more information anytime during the game!

Furthermore, our editor has started working on the demo script! :D

Aside of just readability, flow, grammar and spelling, some of the current scenes might get some extra lines: more background information, gameplay hints and Alexis roasting servants that don't know their place.

We're currently experiencing some issues regarding the funds transaction. More details can be found in our newest update.
However, we're trying our best to solve these issues asap to tackle the bigger tasks!

That should be everything for this update! As always, thank you guys so much for the support!

Macros

Re: Royal Alchemist [GxB][BxB][Fantasy Court Stats Raising] Demo Available!

#64 Post by Macros »

Huzzah for less time-intensive crafting!

Anyway, definitely liking what I'm seeing so far. Pretty eager to meet the newcomers and see what they will bring to the story. In the meantime, keep up the good work!
"So many things to do, so little time."

Demetis
Regular

#65 Post by Demetis »

Macros wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:30 pm Huzzah for less time-intensive crafting!

Anyway, definitely liking what I'm seeing so far. Pretty eager to meet the newcomers and see what they will bring to the story. In the meantime, keep up the good work!
Thank you! :D

We have uploaded a new update regarding our current funding status, you can read it here!

As mentioned in our last update, we've started implementing the Grimoire. Interface might change after we've received the funds. But the basic idea is present!

Today, we want to introduce a few of the Grimoire's functions to you!

The Grimoire's primary function is to display the character's stats! You can open it anytime during the game. We hope this makes it easier for you to track your stats at each check! (It also seems to be the only place in the game where you can see the character's fullbody illustrations XD )

Furthermore, it contains rough and spoiler-free information about the stats and should make it easier for you to decide which ones to raise.

The Grimoire also collects character information of all (important) characters you have met in the game and more precisely Alexis' own thoughts about them.

Of course, as the story evolves, the information will change according to the choices you have taken and scenes that you have seen! Sala taken as an example:

The implementation of the Grimoire will take a bit longer since a big chunk of other mechanics are involved! We will explain the functionality of "Daily Life" and "Daily Death" in the next update!

Chiagirl
Regular
Completed: Ellen and the Pumpkin
Projects: The Crossing
itch: Chiagirl

#66 Post by Chiagirl »

1. How did you feel about the characters? Interesting? Likeable? Annoying? xD

It seems like a pretty good cast of characters, though am I am a bit disappointed that the princes are the only romance options. (No Raphael or Harris? T.T ) I do think Nazir's speech is a bit weird for a member of nobility, but it suits his character personality well. You did a good job making the captain in the very beginning likable too; I actually was pretty sad when he died. Alexis's female sprite looks really nice, and there weren't any characters I actively hated at all. Though some of the sprites did look a little blurry around the edges when they got close up (namely Serin when talking to you about the bandit attack).

2. Which character did you like the most? ;)

Aurelius interests me the most as far as the dateable characters go, although unfortunately I seemed to keep making him mad at me. XD It's a combination of his backstory appealing to me the most and his sprite being the most eye catching to my taste. The others all have their own charm to them too, and I would be interesting in seeing all the routes.

3. Was the difficulty alright? Did you die at the end of the demo?

As someone who has never played a similar stat raiser to this before, I'm pretty sure anyone in the same boat as me is going to die on their first playthough as I did. Thankfully the skill check fail notifications made it pretty easy to realize what I needed to change going forward, though I think I encountered a bug in the alchemy screen that made things more difficult than they should have been. When trying to craft the bomb it says you need 20 water and 5 light. I reached this with Serin and Nazir, though it still wouldn't let me make the bomb. It wasn't until I reached that same skill set with Aurelius that it finally let me craft one. I'm not sure if the listed requirements are wrong (no fire necessary to make a bomb seems weird to me) or if it's restricted to being crafted by Aurelius only (in which case some way to indicate that would have been helpful). There were a few other items I encountered similar issues with, but the bomb was the main one as you need it to advance in the demo.

4. Anything you expect, plot-wise and gameplay-wise?

I'm definitely expecting a coup d'etat from the nobles at some point, and more backstory on Sala's origins. I'm thinking maybe she's connected to the queen somehow, but I'm not sure. I'm also kind of wondering if Harris isn't hiding something as well. I'm looking forward to seeing what the magic user meant about that "chaining" comment as that looks to be unearthing some skeletons in the closet. I'm also expecting to die several more times in the main story when it comes out. XD

5. Any other comments / questions? Let me know >w<b

When playing as the female MC having the enemy in the beginning mistake the captain's corpse for me while stating it looked like he was "dolled up in a fancy dress" was kind of weird. I'm not sure if the dialogue changes with the male MC, but having them mistake an older male captain of the guard for a female wearing a dress is a bit jarring. I could get it if it was just the fact the corpses were burned to the point of being unrecognizable, but then if you hide and go back later they seem to realize your corpse was actually missing...which makes me wonder how they knew that if they had supposedly mistaken him for me? I'm probably being overly nitpicky but the whole thing just felt weird to me, though I assume it probably made more sense with a male MC.

Demetis
Regular

#67 Post by Demetis »

Chiagirl wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:12 am 1. How did you feel about the characters? Interesting? Likeable? Annoying? xD

It seems like a pretty good cast of characters, though am I am a bit disappointed that the princes are the only romance options. (No Raphael or Harris? T.T ) I do think Nazir's speech is a bit weird for a member of nobility, but it suits his character personality well. You did a good job making the captain in the very beginning likable too; I actually was pretty sad when he died. Alexis's female sprite looks really nice, and there weren't any characters I actively hated at all. Though some of the sprites did look a little blurry around the edges when they got close up (namely Serin when talking to you about the bandit attack).

2. Which character did you like the most? ;)

Aurelius interests me the most as far as the dateable characters go, although unfortunately I seemed to keep making him mad at me. XD It's a combination of his backstory appealing to me the most and his sprite being the most eye catching to my taste. The others all have their own charm to them too, and I would be interesting in seeing all the routes.
Ahh thank you very much for the detailed feedback!
We wanted to make more romance options too but scope and funds :'D Glad you're liking the cast so far though!
Chiagirl wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:12 am 3. Was the difficulty alright? Did you die at the end of the demo?

As someone who has never played a similar stat raiser to this before, I'm pretty sure anyone in the same boat as me is going to die on their first playthough as I did. Thankfully the skill check fail notifications made it pretty easy to realize what I needed to change going forward, though I think I encountered a bug in the alchemy screen that made things more difficult than they should have been. When trying to craft the bomb it says you need 20 water and 5 light. I reached this with Serin and Nazir, though it still wouldn't let me make the bomb. It wasn't until I reached that same skill set with Aurelius that it finally let me craft one. I'm not sure if the listed requirements are wrong (no fire necessary to make a bomb seems weird to me) or if it's restricted to being crafted by Aurelius only (in which case some way to indicate that would have been helpful). There were a few other items I encountered similar issues with, but the bomb was the main one as you need it to advance in the demo.
Mhm that's weird, the stats are displayed right in our latest build. Although it's possible to mistake the icon for "Darkness" for "Light"! So the stats needed the most are actually Water and Darkness, both Aurelius' standard affinity so he probably reached those stats first for you if this is the case
It proposes the option to also display the name of the stat along with the requirements as well so there will be no mix up! :D
Thank you for the feedback!

___

To this week's progress update!

For this update, we would like to present you the last two sections of the Grimoire! The coding has not been completed yet, but the first drafts are ready!

Let’s start with Daily Life!

Each side mission of the game features a mini illustration, as you have seen in our demo! They will be collected here. The locked ones will also display the type of mission you can get them from!

Those are mainly events not super related to the main story. You can collect anything to form Alexis' life differently at each playthrough – from Aurelius barking at soldiers, to fangirling maids!

They don't just increase (or decrease) the approval of the factions, but also of any possible route / ending you can pursue.

You can get through the game even if you ignore the missions completely. But it's highly recommended to spend some extra time with the Princes (and others) to explore more possibilities in Royal Alchemist :D

The Daily Life section also features the "Routes" display for you to track which ending you're currently leaning towards!

Now, to the Daily Deaths!

Every death ending will unlock a mini illustration as well!

Each unique death you collect will give you 1 stats bonus. This bonus will be considered to each of Alexis' stats at every check!

Which means, if you only have 0 Combat at an assassination, you will have 0 + 3 combat after dying in 3 different ways xD

This is a feature we have implemented to give the players an even better chance at survival. It will be off by default so you can leave it at that if you want to beat the game with your raw power! :D (Or if you want to collect death endings...)

__

That's it regarding gameplay and coding progress!

Our art team is current working on the first character tier draft. Due to the upcoming holidays, we hope for your patience until we release the first sneak peeks!

On the writing side, Writer P. has finished his part for what's still missing for the Extended demo. He will return in 2019 to write more scenes for the full game! Thanks to the holidays, our original writer alfdale will be able to deliver more as well.

Cheers!
Nifty Visuals

Demetis
Regular

#68 Post by Demetis »

Hi everyone!

We had an extremely exciting year behind us. Thank you guys so much for all the support we have received!

Let's go for a great 2019 as well! Happy Holidays to everyone! :D

Cheers,
Nifty Visuals

Demetis
Regular

#69 Post by Demetis »

Hello and Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! :D

Here is a progress update regarding the extended demo! Alongside the demo, progress has been made towards the full game as well.

We're happy to announce that the writing for the extended demo is complete! This raises the entire length of the demo to ~40k words!

Our art team has also finished all the designs for the Character Tiers! Although we're still waiting on the last design (Commoner Representative) to be approved, we are already moving onto finalizing the character sprites! Here's a quick preview of the characters you can expect to see in the game now! :D

As previously mentioned, the script for the demo has been been finished, which means our writers have already started working on more scenes for the full game! Our total word count as of today is ~80k words—more than double the size of the upcoming demo.

In regards to art updates, we've added aboard a new background artist! They've already started working and are moving steadily forward towards our goal. Here are a few previews for you!

We'll be uploading the representative character profiles soon! :D Stay tuned and see you next update!

Cheers,
Nifty Visuals

Demetis
Regular

Re: Royal Alchemist [Player x B][Fantasy Court Stats Raising] Extended Demo RELEASED!

#70 Post by Demetis »

Hello everyone!
Our Extended Demo is now officially published! :D
You can either directly update it on Steam or download it on our itch.io page!

Please note that due to the amount of changes, saves from the old demo may not be compatible!

Here’s a quick list of changes:
  • Additional 8000 words (Current demo length: 44k words, amounting to ~4hrs of playtime!)
    One new character
    Colored CGs
    Additional gender pronoun (they/them)
    Difficulty settings
… among of many minor UI and gameplay updates such as the Grimoire functions, tutorials etc.!

This demo is mainly focused on polishing everything closer to our ideal goal! :D

Furthermore, Royal Alchemist is up for Pre-Orders!

During the last months of development, we received a lot of requests regarding this from players who missed our campaign! If you have friends who are interested, please help us spread the word!

Additionally, we have created an Update Discord!

As the name suggests, we use this Discord mainly to keep everyone updated! For example, announcing important information to the different Tiers (such as early access backers!) :D But feel free to drop by and chat or ask questions!

To the next point, we’d like to announce that our Patreon page is live!

So far, we’ve received a lot of questions regarding nice-to-haves such as OP themes or (partial) VA. While we’d love to have them too! It is not possible with our current budget.

So with Patreon, we aim to polish the content our amazing Kickstarter Backers helped us fund and possibly add in those nice-to-haves! In return, our Patrons will receive benefits only higher Tier backers will have as well as Patreon exclusive rewards!

As always, a huge THANK YOU to everyone for your support! We will give it our all to deliver a high quality final release :D

Cheers,
Nifty Visuals

SilentSiren

Re: Royal Alchemist [Player x B][Fantasy Court Stats Raising] Extended Demo RELEASED!

#71 Post by SilentSiren »

Hi! Is playing as a female MC any different from playings as a male MC aside from the pronouns?

Demetis
Regular

#72 Post by Demetis »

SilentSiren wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:50 am Hi! Is playing as a female MC any different from playings as a male MC aside from the pronouns?
There are only minimal dialogue differences at some places :) In general, there are no differences in the storyline!

Macros

#73 Post by Macros »

Demetis wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:42 amOur Extended Demo is now officially published! :D
Ahah! Most excellent.

Just gave it a quick playthrough, and noticed a small bug: at some point, there's a mission you need to have crafted some soup to undertake.I did not meet the prerequisites at the time, so I had to let it go. The weird thing was that the next week, the number of soup item in my "inventory" was minus 1 (crafting one bringing me back to 0).

Aside from that, it's still a pleasure to see this game growing. The new character is pretty promising, and I'm still eager to discover the rest of this story. Keep up the good work!
"So many things to do, so little time."

Demetis
Regular

#74 Post by Demetis »

Macros wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:08 pm Just gave it a quick playthrough, and noticed a small bug: at some point, there's a mission you need to have crafted some soup to undertake.I did not meet the prerequisites at the time, so I had to let it go. The weird thing was that the next week, the number of soup item in my "inventory" was minus 1 (crafting one bringing me back to 0).

Aside from that, it's still a pleasure to see this game growing. The new character is pretty promising, and I'm still eager to discover the rest of this story. Keep up the good work!
Thank you for the report! We will check what's up with it >w< Glad you liked the update o.ob

Demetis
Regular

Re: Royal Alchemist [Player x B][Fantasy Court Stats Raising] Full Game RELEASED!

#75 Post by Demetis »

Royal Alchemist is now fully released on both Steam and itch.io! :D To everyone who has followed us from the start, thank you very much!