Royal Alchemist [Player x B][Fantasy Court Stats Raising] Full Game RELEASED!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Royal Alchemist [GxB][BxB][Fantasy Court Stats Raising]

#31 Post by Zelan »

Woohoo, congrats on getting your demo to the testing stage? How much in-game time will the demo cover?

potouto
Veteran
Projects: (งツ)ว
Organization: MOONBBIT☆

#32 Post by potouto »

Will you fix that barbaric customisation screen or will I have to do it for you.

Because I absolutely will.

yeah well | commission | website

Demetis
Regular

#33 Post by Demetis »

@ Zelan: Thank you very much >w<! The demo will cover the first 11 weeks out of 60, although we only introduce 3 missions. There will be some more additional content that will be added to those weeks in the full release (for the moment we're leaving them out for scalability and balancing).

@ potouto: Please come here and fix it demon xP

Demetis
Regular

#34 Post by Demetis »

It’s finally time! Our demo has launched! >w<

https://nifty-visuals.itch.io/royal-alchemist

Please note that while the demo covers the first 11 weeks of the game, not all scenes are included and many of our art assets are still WIP! However, this demo should very well show you the quality we are aiming for and more :D

We’re so super excited to hear your feedback on this!
If you would rather share your opinion privately, feel free to send us your feedback here :D
http://bit.ly/RADemoSurvey

Meanwhile, our team is working super hard to prepare the Kickstarter campaign! There will, of course, be some early bird rewards <3

Our campaign will be live on the 12th September at 3PM GMT-4!

You can follow us on Twitter for more regular updates and sneakpeeks! :D

Macros

#35 Post by Macros »

Macros wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:00 am 4. Any other comments / questions? Let me know >w<b
My natural bias toward magic knights make me hope there'll be a blade or fencing skill, but I understand if that wouldn't mesh well with what you already have in mind.
Demetis wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:09 pm Magic Knights, ah...that brings back memories x'D Although you guessed right, the concept of it is different than what we have in mind and sadly won't be able to mesh well...
You, sir, are a lying liar who lies, and I love you for it. :P

Anyway, I really enjoyed this demo. The gameplay is simple, yet effective and rather intuitive. The MC is very well written, and while the demo doesn't show us that much of the other characters yet, they do seem pretty interesting in their own right. As for the intrigue, there's enough to have a field day, and the cliffhanger ending only makes it better.

Something that might be useful: having the option to check your stats (and those of the princes) at any time, not just while planning your classes.

Anyway, great job on this demo!
"So many things to do, so little time."

Demetis
Regular

#36 Post by Demetis »

Macros wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:34 pm
Macros wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:00 am 4. Any other comments / questions? Let me know >w<b
My natural bias toward magic knights make me hope there'll be a blade or fencing skill, but I understand if that wouldn't mesh well with what you already have in mind.
Demetis wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:09 pm Magic Knights, ah...that brings back memories x'D Although you guessed right, the concept of it is different than what we have in mind and sadly won't be able to mesh well...
You, sir, are a lying liar who lies, and I love you for it. :P

Anyway, I really enjoyed this demo. The gameplay is simple, yet effective and rather intuitive. The MC is very well written, and while the demo doesn't show us that much of the other characters yet, they do seem pretty interesting in their own right. As for the intrigue, there's enough to have a field day, and the cliffhanger ending only makes it better.

Something that might be useful: having the option to check your stats (and those of the princes) at any time, not just while planning your classes.

Anyway, great job on this demo!
Well, I never said I wasn't :P

Thank you so much for playing and the feedback! I'm very glad the gameplay is rather intuitive for you!
There are tests to improve it further! And yes, the option to check your stats at any time was already on our roadmap! Just more urgently now as many players have requested it! :D

Macros

#37 Post by Macros »

Demetis wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:25 pm Thank you so much for playing and the feedback! I'm very glad the gameplay is rather intuitive for you!
There are tests to improve it further! And yes, the option to check your stats at any time was already on our roadmap! Just more urgently now as many players have requested it! :D
Something I admit was a little frustrating was that crafting an item took up the whole week. That being said, since I still managed to pass most of the stat checks thrown at me (except etiquette, because I made that my dump stat in my first playthrough), I imagine you balanced the game that way.
"So many things to do, so little time."

Demetis
Regular

#38 Post by Demetis »

Macros wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:46 am Something I admit was a little frustrating was that crafting an item took up the whole week. That being said, since I still managed to pass most of the stat checks thrown at me (except etiquette, because I made that my dump stat in my first playthrough), I imagine you balanced the game that way.
Yes! The game is balanced to make it impossible to experience and succeed in everything with just one playthrough. You'd have to focus on certain stats depending on which political faction you want to appeal to, and also which love interest.

As such, the crafting and the quest system were born, so the player can manually select which missions / route to take! The demo doesn't feature all quests that are available during the first 11 Weeks yet, but we're testing and trying out how to best guide the player through the missions and routes!

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Royal Alchemist [GxB][BxB][Fantasy Court Stats Raising] DEMO RELEASED

#39 Post by philip »

@Demetis-

Downloaded and played through the demo on my mac; I am really enjoying the story and the background and sprite art is wonderful. I'm not a big fan of stat raising games (guess I'm just too dumb to do well at them), but since it is such a good story, I suppose I will have to suck it up and plow through!

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

Demetis
Regular

#40 Post by Demetis »

philip wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:05 pm @Demetis-

Downloaded and played through the demo on my mac; I am really enjoying the story and the background and sprite art is wonderful. I'm not a big fan of stat raising games (guess I'm just too dumb to do well at them), but since it is such a good story, I suppose I will have to suck it up and plow through!

philip
Thank you! Super happy you enjoy it despite the stats raising xD
In the final release, we will implement different difficulty modes, that will hopefully make the plow through more enjoyable >w<\

iuliamaria
Tumblr: ughhable.tumblr

#41 Post by iuliamaria »

Oh my! I love the story for this and I must say that the art is stunning! I have a feeling that once I actually start the demo (which, by the way, is downloading as I type this), I'll be glued to the screen till the end. Keep up the good work, @Demetis!

Demetis
Regular

#42 Post by Demetis »

iuliamaria wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:00 pm Oh my! I love the story for this and I must say that the art is stunning! I have a feeling that once I actually start the demo (which, by the way, is downloading as I type this), I'll be glued to the screen till the end. Keep up the good work, @Demetis!
Thank you! :D Hope you have fun with the demo! >w<b

Demetis
Regular

#43 Post by Demetis »

Quick Update!

Our Kickstarter campaign is ready to go and will launch on the 12th September at 3PM GMT-4 just as planned! We got help from another extremely talented artist for some more promotional artworks for it and simply love the characters in her style!
We will post a link to it soon so you can add a Remind Me and grab those Early Bird tiers! >w<

We have also finished setting up the Steam page and it's currently in review (many thanks to a certain group of people who helped out a lot <3 ) The link to our Steam page will be announced soon too! Hopefully also live with the demo before our campaign starts :D

nerupuff
Veteran

#44 Post by nerupuff »

What's up!! I finally played the demo. I love it. I love it all!

1. How did you feel about the characters? Interesting? Likeable? Annoying? xD
> I think the characters are so well-written. Most of the dialogue exchanges feel so natural and don't sound awkward at all. I love how everyone speaks in a different way which is totally noticeable when you read through what they say. I love them all! Except for the garrison guards and the snooty nobles. They really make my blood boil (which is a good thing, because you've made silhouetted characters so detestable in such a short amount of time!), which fulfills their purpose.

2. Which character did you like the most? ;)
> To be honest, I really love Alexis the most. They just look so good! And I love that they aren't a blank-state, emotionless character without so much personality! I'm tempted to make Alexis fanart now hhhhgggh
> I thought I'd love Nazir the most because I really love his sprite, but after going through the demo, I'm extremely intrigued by Aurelius and his personality~

3. Was the difficulty alright? Did you die at the end of the demo?
> Aw, man. Unfortunately, I did die. But of course I played again until I could redeem myself in that aspect ;w; I honestly think the difficulty was fine, though it was actually hard getting the hang of the game since there weren't a lot of tutorials (I fumbled through most of the scheduling and missions because I didn't know how to do things BUT that's my bad, I think my eyesight was just too awful to notice that there are buttons for clicking)

4. Anything you expect, plot-wise and gameplay-wise?
> At this point in time, I'm seriously just expecting a lot more death :mrgreen:

5. Any other comments / questions? Let me know >w<b
> I love you guys this game makes me so happy I even left the main menu music theme run on the background because it's so soothing to listen to. Everything is so well-made ;w; I'm excited for the full release and for the kickstarter!!
ImageImage
Hire me for proofreading, editing, and (maybe) writing! ♡ Check here!

Demetis
Regular

#45 Post by Demetis »

@ nerupuff: Thank you so much for your kind words! :D I'm so super glad that you enjoyed the demo! >w<
In a way, we were really unsure about giving the protagonist a clear personality at the start, since many Otomes don't go that route, but we were really positively surprised that Alexis was rather well received! (Also, if there are fanarts floating in, nobody is standing in the way! :P )

In the full release, we will implement a few things that will make life easier for you guys! XD That would be, different difficulty settings, a way to check stats anytime in the game, and the still missing tutorial! The mission screen will get a slight rework too so it's easier for first time players to use xD

Only 4 days to go!

You can now follow our Kickstarter campaign here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ni ... n=f2fee0ee

Click on that “Notify me on launch” to grab the Early Bird tiers on time before they run out! :D

We’re going to add some more information as we go! Such as add-ons and rewards previews.