Phantom of the Blooming Rose [GxB] [Mystery/Romance/Royalty] [Kinetic] [Free]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
DAX
Regular
Deviantart: daxsu-artsu

Re: Phantom of the Blooming Rose [GxB] [Mystery/Romance/Royalty] [Kinetic] [Free]

#16 Post by DAX »

Red-Baby wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:12 pm Hi DAX
Happy to hear you like the track. Jeff has been awesome, coming up with amazing music for PotBR, so we hope everyone enjoys the rest of the game's soundtrack as much as we do.

=)
Aye, the music makes me want to play it even more! Jeff is awesome. :D

hyesunxoxo
Regular
Completed: Reflections ~Dreams and Reality~, High School Otome
Projects: Phantom of the Blooming Rose, Purrfectly Ever After, HEROxTRIO, One Year of Apocalypse,
itch: hyesunxoxo

Re: Phantom of the Blooming Rose [GxB] [Mystery/Romance/Royalty] [Kinetic]

#17 Post by hyesunxoxo »

DAX wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:43 am It does sound interesting. Since it has my most favourite genre of all the time romance, of course, I will prepare the ships to be sailed. Honestly, the storyline can be somewhat generic but it all depends on the protag personality and writer's capabilities to make it interesting. As of now, it piqued my interest.
My first impression? Another ship to be sailed... Another game to be played... and another mystery to be unveiled...
Thank you for your kind words! I believe what will set this story apart from the other "protagonist-catches-thief" stories you've read, is the resolution we've sought for it. I'm very confident with the storyline, so we're glad to know that it has intrigued you!
Hahaha, Oliver does live in the kingdom by the sea ;)
DAX wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:43 am I hope Rose will not disappoint me. Because you know... lots of female protags are pretty disappointing. Even if the protag is supposed to be superhumanly strong, it is ironic that she can be suppressed by a bunch of mobs just for a scene where male interests will save her. I sure hope that this will not happen. Design-wise, I am immediately attracted to Richard. Personality-wise, I don't have one right now. I need more info to think which personality appeals me the most.
I hope I'm not giving too much away, but in the team's opinion, Rose will be an interesting protagonist in any otome. For me, her strongest point would be her wholesome personality, as Princess Rose is the type of protagonist who's not linear, or even 2D - she's got a lot of stuff going on inside that tiny head ^^ Richard's been a fan favorite so far, we're excited to see if this will remain the same later on.
DAX wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:43 am Yes, I do. What do I think about kinetic novels? Well, I don't mind. If done well, it can be really, really awesome.
Thank you so much!
DAX wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:43 am Hmm... Cliche-wise, it may be Albert. Identity-cliche-wise, it must be Richard. Design-wise, it has to be Oliver. In other words, I don't know. Thus I want to know. Fufufu~
Haha, we're glad to know that each of the three persons of interest are strong candidates!
DAX wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:43 am Art is awesome! The summary of the story is a bit long but is well-written. I'm anticipating this!
We can't have it otherwise. Thank you so much, please stay with us throughout this whole journey!
ImageImageImage
Visual Novel Writer, Project Head and Otome Enthusiast | Hire me to write your stories! [Commissions]

hyesunxoxo
Regular
Projects: Phantom of the Blooming Rose, Purrfectly Ever After, HEROxTRIO, One Year of Apocalypse,

Re: Phantom of the Blooming Rose [GxB] [Mystery/Romance/Royalty] [Kinetic] [Free]

#18 Post by hyesunxoxo »

Updated with character bios made by the talented Camy! <3 Please check them out and tell us what you think!
ImageImageImage
Visual Novel Writer, Project Head and Otome Enthusiast | Hire me to write your stories! [Commissions]

tri2015

#19 Post by tri2015 »

1. It seems Rose will fall for the thief instead and I think that is interesting, unique.
2. Rose appeals to me the most, I like her design.
3. Yeah I like interesting story and mystery, I think kinetic novels have shorter time to finish.
4. Albert is the thief, he probably has a wild side and maybe a good motive, somehow.
5. I think it's great, so no other feedback.

hyesunxoxo
Regular

#20 Post by hyesunxoxo »

MAJOR UPDATE AND ANNOUNCEMENT! 10/28/2018

Hello guys! How is everybody doing? After such a long time, we're back! The team has been working on the different assets of the game, slowly but steadily. We've added lots of new tracks made by the amazing Jeff Penny, and Lezalith has started coding for the game! CG linework is progressing smoothly because of Adhylia's prowess, and we have Red-Baby on board to finish off the colors for the illustrations. She just finished all of the chibis and icons to be used for the game, and let's not forget our golden boy Ryuu_Art who is close to getting all the backgrounds done for the demo!

That being said, I am very pleased to share with you one major piece of content that we've been dying to showcase, and a major announcement!

Behold, our stunning main menu art made by two lovely artists, Adhylia (character art) and Camy (logo and UI art)! Don't you just adore Rose in this illustration? Oh, we wish she'd invite us to her masquerade ball! Last but not least, look out for us because...

THE OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE FOR OUR DEMO WILL BE ANNOUNCED LATER THIS NOVEMBER!

Stay tuned and follow us on Twitter/Tumblr if you haven't yet! We are thrilled to finally bring you the demo for Phantom of the Blooming Rose this 2018.
ImageImageImage

Red-Baby
Veteran
Completed: Free!: Arabian Nights, BAKED:MAGIC, I'm a love interest in my CHILDHOOD FRIEND'S reverse harem!!!, I'm a side character in a BL story!, Ell's Kitchen
Projects: Wrong Number
Organization: WitPOP
itch: red-baby

#21 Post by Red-Baby »

Hooray progress!!!
You guys did great with the main menu art!!!! So pretty