My Twisted Cinderella [Fantasy/Romance/BL]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Overdose

My Twisted Cinderella [Fantasy/Romance/BL]

#1 Post by Overdose »

Hi! I'm currently working on my first VN, based on the original Grimms Cinderella, with some inspiration from Disney's adaptation too.
I'm entering it for the Yaoi Game Jam, and I hope to at least finish a demo version within the two months.
I am new to Ren'py, but I want to learn more coding and techniques-
I have no assets or sprites currently, as I cannot create them myself.

Plot; I think everyone is familiar with Cinderella, but I'll explain my version in my own words.

Sinder is apart of a rich family, and has everything he could possibly want. Except for anyone to play with, as he's home-schooled.
He would sneak off into the woods, and one day, he met a young boy. The boy introduced himself as a prince, though Sinder didn't believe him.
The two would play every day, but eventually, Sinders mother grew ill.

With her passing away, the father decided to re-marry.

In comes the step-mother with her two daughters, Olivia and Fanny. Both of them immediately take a disliking to Sinder, forcing him to do their chores.

Sinder, as time went on, was forced to wear rags, instead of his pretty and well-kept clothes. Because of this, the prince stopped playing with Sinder- Leaving him all alone.

Years later, Sinder is now 17, constantly doing work and chores every day. He wants nothing more than to off his step-mother and sisters.

When suddenly, the family receives an invitation to the Kings grand festival, which will last for three days.

Finally, Sinder has a chance to meet the prince again. But what are his intentions with him?

After all these years, is he just going to let go of his hatred?

...And well, I hope I explained it well enough.

It will also be completely free.
Does it sound interesting? And something you would play?

And also... how do you implement Live2D into Ren'py, if you even can? It's just a thought, but if I were able to do it, I would be pretty happy. (I love Live2D and E-Mote)
Last edited by Overdose on Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hyesunxoxo
Regular
Completed: Reflections ~Dreams and Reality~, High School Otome
Projects: Phantom of the Blooming Rose, Purrfectly Ever After, HEROxTRIO, One Year of Apocalypse,
itch: hyesunxoxo

Re: My Twisted Cinderella [Fantasy/Romance/BL]

#2 Post by hyesunxoxo »

It sounds interesting to me so far, so I would love to see how the aesthetics/art is going to match with the storyline you have. I'd definitely play it, and I am looking forward to how you can turn this idea to a game in 2 months time, so yeah!

I'm particularly interested in how you'll carry out the twist you've chosen to distinguish this story from the classic cinderella story. It says above that Sinder didn't believe the prince, so how does he react to seeing him there? Would he actually meet him to get revenge on looking down at his social status? Kinetic novels (those without choices) are easier to write and better if you want to elaborate one path of storyline, so I'm expecting it to be good. Otherwise, sacrificing the gameplay element for a mediocre script would not be the best option (as it is fairly easy to code choices in Ren'py). That said, I'm willing to give it a try!

And yes, to answer your question - a fair amount of Ren'py programmers have implemented Live2D into the engine, like Empish senpai who is a regular in the Ren'py official discord server. I recommend asking them as I am nothing but a lowly writer and team leader, but just to let you know - it is definitely possible!

I hope you push through with your idea! Jams are always best to help you finish a game, so I wish you the best of luck.
ImageImageImage
Visual Novel Writer, Project Head and Otome Enthusiast | Hire me to write your stories! [Commissions]

Ertal77
Veteran
Completed: A Hand in the Darkness, Chasing the Stars, My Burning Heart, Blood and Lust, Lurkers, Jolly Roger, The Remainder, The Manor, Night and Day
Projects: Deep in the Forest and Exes Assault!!
Organization: Ertal Games
Tumblr: ertalgames
itch: ertal-games
Discord: Ertal#0394

Re: My Twisted Cinderella [Fantasy/Romance/BL]

#3 Post by Ertal77 »

Oh, yes, another BL!

I love the twist you put into your story; I already hate the prince and hope Sinder will make him regret his decision of stopping being friends! What the hell, prince?!

Good luck with the project! I'm eager to play it when it's finished!
Do you like BL games? Then join Ertal Games' Discord!