Fallstreak [Fantasy][Kinetic]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Centicerise

Fallstreak [Fantasy][Kinetic]

#1 Post by Centicerise »

Synopsis

The land of Socotrine— a hidden garden surrounded by a border of reality-distorting mist.
Fallstreak tells the tale of Adelise Cotard, a young girl that enters a timeless golden dream when she falls asleep.
How are her dreams related to the Fire of Collapse, a mysterious disaster ten years ago in which prismatic flames rained from the sky, and how does it connect with her ultimate goal: escape from the closed world of Socotrine?

Characters

CG & Screenshot Samples

Game Progress:

- Writing & Editing: 100% (80,000 words)
- Character Sprites: 100% (13 unique character sprites)
- Backgrounds: 100% (30 unique backgrounds)
- Event CGs: 50% (11 CGs)
- OST: 95% (21 tracks)
- Scripting and Programming: 45%
- GUI: 100%

Team:

Writing & OST: Centi

Sprites & CGs: Rimuu

Logo & GUI: Potouto

Backgrounds: Xand

Discussion:

1. What are your first impressions on Fallstreak in terms of genre and tone? What kind of content are you expecting from what you've seen?

2. What characters are you interested in learning more about? Currently just the children character cards have been introduced, but is there more you'd like to learn about them or about the older characters?

3. Does the setting and premise feel unique and make you want to learn more about Fallstreak?

4. Currently we try to post one new character intro card and screenshot a week, but what kind of posts & updates are you interested in seeing more of besides that?

5. Following Fallstreak's release later this year, development will begin on the second entry of Fallstreak, which a kickstarter in planned for. What would you like to see in regards to rewards?

Any other feedback or questions are welcome as well!

Social Media:

Twitter

Facebook
Last edited by Centicerise on Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

tri2015

Re: Fallstreak [Fantasy][Kinetic]

#2 Post by tri2015 »

1. Mostly serious tone, it seems, but there will be a little fun interactions between characters, maybe, while there is underlying sadness/problem: closed world.
2. Noleta, because it seems there isn't any information about her family (is she orphan?).
3. I think the setting is unique and I wonder how large is the Socotrine.
There is one story that has similar premise (get out from closed world), "Maou sama chotto sore totte". But, they are trapped by their mistake and they already know what beyond the closed world, so it's different with Fallstreak.
4. Progress, maybe? Any progress in OST, for example.
5. In case I become backer, I have no idea for now. I think quality improvement is already satisfying. So no idea for reward. Oh, if that is a commercial project, then a free copy.
Last edited by tri2015 on Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Centicerise

#3 Post by Centicerise »

tri2015 wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:16 am 1. Mostly serious tone, it seems, but there will be a little fun interactions between characters, maybe, while there is underlying sadness/problem: closed world.
2. Noleta, because it seems there isn't any information about her family (is she orphan?).
3. I think the setting is unique and I wonder how large is the Socotrine.
There is one story that has similar premise (get out from closed world), "Maou sama chotto sore totte". But, they are trapped by their mistake and they already know what beyond the closed world, so it's different with Fallstreak.
4. Progress, maybe? Any progress in OST, for example.
5. In case I become backer, I have no idea for now. I think quality improvement (of art, maybe) is already satisfying. So no idea for reward. Oh, if that is a commercial project, then a free copy.
Thanks for your feedback! You're fairly close to on point in regards to your impression on the tone. There is a good amount of lighthearted and peaceful scenes, but underlying that is what we intend to be deep and meaningful storytelling. As for Noleta, she does have family-- a waffly older brother that we'll introduce in the coming weeks. Socotrine's scale and the question of what lays beyond is explored a lot in game, but essentially Socotrine is relatively small in comparison to all that's out there. We're definitely intending to include the game itself as a backer reward for Fallstreak 2. Also we'll be sure to post some OST track samples soon as well in regards to progress updates~

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#4 Post by AntiquedFae »

I just need to stop by and say that this looks absolutely beautiful. ;.; The art assets give off a very dreamy vibe, but it feels like it is a dream contemplating turning into a deep nightmare. I also really feel happy that you included some characters with special differences. ^_^ I'm really curious to see how this turns out, what direction it takes! I wish you the best during remaining development and for your release!
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

Hijikata
Completed: Lucy Got Problems
Projects: CrocApoca!!
Organization: Flat Chest
itch: flatchest

#5 Post by Hijikata »

1. At first glance it looks like my favourite kind of story, called "Nice lolis you have there, would be a shame if something bad happened to them", exemplified by SukaSuka and Black Bullet. From previous answer we already know there's gonna be some back and forth between the serious and light-hearted moments. What I also expect, judging by character profiles is people trying to lead normal lives in unusual circumstances.
2. Callia stole my heart from the moment I saw her xD Since we follow you on twitter, I've seen adult cards too, and I'd like to know about them too. They are the people who must feel responsible for running the community and maybe even for its current state, so their perspective might be very interesting.
3. Oh yes, and with your level of artwork it comes to life. It was a good investment for sure! We still son't know how abstract or concrete are the rules governing local supernatural forces. Also, the tone I got from the bios, arts and description texts seems very dreamy and, for lack of a better word, "fairyish". Even the deadly calamity is rainbow-hued!
4. Some world lore maybe? Not saying it's good for PR, just being nerdy xD
5. I usually don't back tiers with physical rewards, but in general it's a good idea to have (preferably unique) memorabilia like keychains and dakis. A lot of people like stuff they can proudly put on a shelf. Rewards that give backers some form of creative control, like creating characters and scenes may backfire horribly, but may be a good incentive.

Anyways, I wish you good luck and strength to finish up and successfully release Fallstreak!
Image Image Follow us on Twitter
Resident hacker cat.

Centicerise

#6 Post by Centicerise »

AntiquedFae wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:49 pm I just need to stop by and say that this looks absolutely beautiful. ;.; The art assets give off a very dreamy vibe, but it feels like it is a dream contemplating turning into a deep nightmare. I also really feel happy that you included some characters with special differences. ^_^ I'm really curious to see how this turns out, what direction it takes! I wish you the best during remaining development and for your release!

Thank you for your input! Regarding characters with special differences as well, it was a natural inclusion as part of the world due to how central the Fire of Collapse and its resulting effects are to the story. There's actually some more characters with similar circumstances that have yet to be introduced.

Hijikata wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:15 pm 1. At first glance it looks like my favourite kind of story, called "Nice lolis you have there, would be a shame if something bad happened to them", exemplified by SukaSuka and Black Bullet. From previous answer we already know there's gonna be some back and forth between the serious and light-hearted moments. What I also expect, judging by character profiles is people trying to lead normal lives in unusual circumstances.
2. Callia stole my heart from the moment I saw her xD Since we follow you on twitter, I've seen adult cards too, and I'd like to know about them too. They are the people who must feel responsible for running the community and maybe even for its current state, so their perspective might be very interesting.
3. Oh yes, and with your level of artwork it comes to life. It was a good investment for sure! We still son't know how abstract or concrete are the rules governing local supernatural forces. Also, the tone I got from the bios, arts and description texts seems very dreamy and, for lack of a better word, "fairyish". Even the deadly calamity is rainbow-hued!
4. Some world lore maybe? Not saying it's good for PR, just being nerdy xD
5. I usually don't back tiers with physical rewards, but in general it's a good idea to have (preferably unique) memorabilia like keychains and dakis. A lot of people like stuff they can proudly put on a shelf. Rewards that give backers some form of creative control, like creating characters and scenes may backfire horribly, but may be a good incentive.

Anyways, I wish you good luck and strength to finish up and successfully release Fallstreak!

I'm glad that much of the intended dreamy and fairy-tale vibe seems to be coming through!
In regards to the older characters, here is our next batch of character intro cards that contain the adult characters of Fallstreak:

Our last batch of characters will contain the remaining 'young adults' of Fallstreak. You can expect them to pop up in the upcoming weeks!

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#7 Post by AntiquedFae »

Centicerise wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:49 pm
Thank you for your input! Regarding characters with special differences as well, it was a natural inclusion as part of the world due to how central the Fire of Collapse and its resulting effects are to the story. There's actually some more characters with similar circumstances that have yet to be introduced.
How exciting! I am looking forward to seeing the rest of the characters! ^.^
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

Centicerise

#8 Post by Centicerise »

Here’s a look at one of Fallstreak’s many event CGs! Fallstreak will feature several short side stories alongside its main narrative.
This one in particular is about a goddess in a plane of existence far removed from our own and her story and she watches over life.

Centicerise

#9 Post by Centicerise »

Fallstreak's steam page is now up! We are on track for release on October 19th, 2018~

https://store.steampowered.com/app/935920/Fallstreak/

Centicerise

#10 Post by Centicerise »

Fallstreak is now available on Steam and Itchio!