My Burning Heart [BL, KICKSTARTER, DEMO available]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Ertal77
Veteran
Completed: A Hand in the Darkness, Chasing the Stars, My Burning Heart, Blood and Lust, Lurkers, Jolly Roger, The Remainder, The Manor, Night and Day
Projects: Deep in the Forest and Exes Assault!!
Organization: Ertal Games
Tumblr: ertalgames
itch: ertal-games
Discord: Ertal#0394

My Burning Heart [BL, KICKSTARTER, DEMO available]

#1 Post by Ertal77 »

My Burning Heart is a story set in a 1001 Nights world.

Our protagonist, Adnan, gets sold as a slave and, instead of being sent to work in the fields, as he expected, he ends up in a Sultan's harem... Although they try to trick him with good words and promises of being well fed and no physical punishments, he decides to comply with the Sultan's orders... but only while he plans his escape from the palace.

It will be a short eroge, around 50k words; we'll do our best to release it for Yaoi Jam, but if in the end we can't make it in time and the release must be pushed to August/ September, we'll have at least a demo ready for the jam.

Let's meet our characters!

Team:

-Artist (sprites, CGs, menu art, logo, textboxes): 6nii9
-Writer (and coder, with looots of help): Ertal
-Backgrounds Artist: Badriel

I hope you guys like the premise! We are certainly having fun making this vn! :D All kind of feedback is appreciated! i.e. Which is your favorite guy, so far? Are the story and the setting appealing to you? etc.

WE ARE RUNNING A KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/10 ... sual-novel

Last edited by Ertal77 on Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:47 am, edited 6 times in total.
Do you like BL games? Then join Ertal Games' Discord!

Red-Baby
Veteran
Completed: Free!: Arabian Nights, BAKED:MAGIC, I'm a love interest in my CHILDHOOD FRIEND'S reverse harem!!!, I'm a side character in a BL story!, Ell's Kitchen
Projects: Wrong Number
Organization: WitPOP
itch: red-baby

Re: My Burning Heart [BL] [commercial] [Yaoi Jam]

#2 Post by Red-Baby »

YES!!!! I'm so excited for this!!!
The visuals look amazing, great job 6nii9!

Favourite guy? Hm... hard to say... I have mixed opinions about all of them but I'm going to have to say Halim. The dark skin and light hair combination is a current favourite of mine. Plus he's supposed to be the sweet character. Although I get the feeling he might end up being a manipulative person as well.... I will keep a close eye on him.

Story and Setting? Ertal, you know how I feel about Arabian themed games XD I am so looking forward to this!!!

Keep up the great work!!

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#3 Post by Lesleigh63 »

Very pretty to look at.

Knight of Hearts
Regular

#4 Post by Knight of Hearts »

yey another commercial BL! How wonderful!

1. I love the art so far, very meticulous and high level. *running to check on the other works by the same artist*. However I must say the logo is incredibly hard to read. I'd remove the stamp in the background altogether or fade it out to 15-20% to remedy things.

2. The premise seems intriguing: I'm a sucker for a slave turns consensual story.

3. My fave character is the sultan, he seems mature and interesting and has a nice air about him that makes one get to know him better.

Good luck!
A Sci-fi Drama with Romance in Development (Yaoi, 18+) --- Join public DISCORD: https://discord.gg/yPDEZkN

hyesunxoxo
Regular
Completed: Reflections ~Dreams and Reality~, High School Otome
Projects: Phantom of the Blooming Rose, Purrfectly Ever After, HEROxTRIO, One Year of Apocalypse,
itch: hyesunxoxo

#5 Post by hyesunxoxo »

Sooooo excited for this! Top notch visuals in addition to a 1001 Nights setting... it's almost hard to believe that only 2 people are behind this :D Story and setting is very interesting, and I'm mostly excited with how the different routes are going to end.

From the very moment he was announced on Discord (I don't typically fall for this type of guy in games), I've always had my eye set on Halim. I think he's such a delicate creature, but then again I agree with what Red mentioned above is a possibility. Nevertheless, Halim is still best guy for me haha. Adnan is also very attractive, and that's always a plus for the protagonist. I'm interested as to how the story of these two fated slaves will come to an end.

Overall it currently looks amazing, and I can't wait for the demo. Best of luck to you guys and we'll be here ^^
ImageImageImage
Visual Novel Writer, Project Head and Otome Enthusiast | Hire me to write your stories! [Commissions]

Ertal77
Veteran
Completed: A Hand in the Darkness, Chasing the Stars, My Burning Heart, Blood and Lust, Lurkers, Jolly Roger, The Remainder, The Manor, Night and Day

#6 Post by Ertal77 »

Itchio page and social media built!

Itchio: https://ertal-games.itch.io/my-burning-heart

Tumblr: https://myburningheartvisualnovel.tumblr.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/myburningheart/

And, of course, our Twitter and Discord for Ertal Games! :wink:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ertal77

Discord: https://discord.gg/ZUFsg9v

Ertal77
Veteran

Re: My Burning Heart [BL, Yaoi Jam, DEMO available]

#7 Post by Ertal77 »

Our DEMO is already available!

Feedback is greatly appreciated at his point, to keep us working at full motivation :wink:

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#8 Post by Lesleigh63 »

Played your demo and really enjoyed it.

Very lovely artwork - it's just gorgeous. I like that the slave outfits let the muscles and flesh be seen (I love a male chest) and when there is clothing it is so richly coloured and detailed.

Writing - I've no complaints. The plot moves along quickly and it doesn't feel padded with too many words (I like succinct prose). I like Adnan and the Sultan. Harum looks like he's going to cause trouble for Adnan (and possibly the Sultan) - that's one untrustworthy vizier in my opinion.

I'm not sure how much of the complete VN the demo covers. I like that there is a sex scene in the time-frame of the demo (if they are only at the end of a path it makes me want to rush through the story sometimes - so something early on is nice to come across).

Looking forward to buying and playing the completed game.

Nice work Ertal games - another game developing company I'll be following.

Ertal77
Veteran

#9 Post by Ertal77 »

Thank you for the feedback! :D

As for the length, the demo is 7k words and the full game will be around 50k words. I'm glad you like the characters, both visually and their character: at this point, that's the most important bit!

illuminate001
Veteran
Completed: DSGR, Let's MEAT Adam, Sexy Litter, Bara Boarders
Projects: Secret Project
Organization: Soulsoft Electronic Arts
Tumblr: soulsoftea
itch: soulsoftea

#10 Post by illuminate001 »

Hi Ertal,

I just have to say, the character art so far is gorgeous...my fav thus far. Whoever your character designer and sprite artist is, did a stellar job.

Right now it's a tie between Abd and Halim for me, I'm both drawn to them for different reasons. Anyways, congrats on your submission to YaoiJam this year!
ImageImage
ImageImage

Ertal77
Veteran

#11 Post by Ertal77 »

Thank you, Illuminate!

Certainly, I'm very lucky to be able to work with 6nii9; he's really amazing!

This is his commission thread: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=46950&p=487175&hilit=6nii9#p474898

The backgrounds are being made by another artist, but I'm positive we'll be able to upload a demo version of the game with the finished bgs before the Yaoi Jam deadline :wink:

rivars
Regular
Completed: Harry Potter and the Transformency Spell, Harry Potter and the Mysterious Thief part I, II
Projects: Indigo+Memory
Organization: Rivars Studio
Tumblr: prince-kristian
itch: rivarsstudio

#12 Post by rivars »

OMG! It is already partially ready! It looks amazing and so... shinny XD and I'm just a junky for shiny colouring!

I did start playing the demo and I must say that I loved the characters and their personalities! Also I really liked the manipulative bastard, if he had a route, I would totally choose him! XD

Good luck to you with your project!

Ertal77
Veteran

#13 Post by Ertal77 »

rivars wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:04 pm OMG! It is already partially ready! It looks amazing and so... shinny XD and I'm just a junky for shiny colouring!

I did start playing the demo and I must say that I loved the characters and their personalities! Also I really liked the manipulative bastard, if he had a route, I would totally choose him! XD

Good luck to you with your project!
Thank you so much, you know your opinion means a lot for me! <3

Ertal77
Veteran

#14 Post by Ertal77 »

We have the definitive backgrounds ready! :D

Main post updated with screenshots of the game and the name of our bg artist!

illuminate001
Veteran
Completed: DSGR, Let's MEAT Adam, Sexy Litter, Bara Boarders
Projects: Secret Project
Organization: Soulsoft Electronic Arts
Tumblr: soulsoftea
itch: soulsoftea

#15 Post by illuminate001 »

Oh wow, did those backgrounds really make the difference Ertal! I'd say, My Burning Heart is by far, your most polished/refined entry. And sure, a big proponent of that is the art, but I'd say it' overall the consistency. From the UI to the Bg's and sprites and music...everything just fits. It means that the vision you have for My Burning Heart is really clear in your mind. Don't lose that! =)

Also, I love Adnan's crossed arms sprites lol. They made me laugh, as his reactions seemed comically sardonic in relation to what was happening around him.
ImageImage
ImageImage