HEROxTRIO [BxB, Yaoi Jam, Magical Boys]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Red-Baby
Veteran
Completed: Free!: Arabian Nights, BAKED:MAGIC, I'm a love interest in my CHILDHOOD FRIEND'S reverse harem!!!, I'm a side character in a BL story!, Ell's Kitchen
Projects: Wrong Number
Organization: WitPOP
itch: red-baby

HEROxTRIO [BxB, Yaoi Jam, Magical Boys]

#1 Post by Red-Baby »

Hello residents of the Earth Dimension!
I am Commander Roo of the Marle Elite Task Force, and your world is in grave danger!

Slime creatures from another dimension are on their way to Earth. They’re pests and cause havoc everywhere that they go.
I have very little time to explain but I must find a person with a pure heart to bestow the magic stone upon.
This stone will bring out their inner self and enhance their physical and mental capabilities. In short, it will turn them into a magical boy!

In HEROxTRIO you play as Roo, help him choose the best person among a group of friends to bestow the stone upon.
Save the Earth from annihilation and maybe even provide some love advice.

PLAY THE DEMO

MEET THE BOYS

The Angry One (PARI)
Pari is a 20 year old paramedics student. He likes to wear leather jackets and ripped jeans. He looks like a rebel but when you get to know him he is actually an incredibly sweet person.

The Short One (REX)
Rex is an 18 year old high school graduate currently taking a gap year. He is short and enjoys eating korean bbq. He is trained in karate, kick boxing and used to swim competitively in high school.

The One With The Glasses (GRAY)
Gray is a 21 year old education student. He dresses pretty plain, he looks like someone that’s ready to be a school teacher. He is pretty normal.

Features you can expect from the game mission:
x 3 character routes
x 2 endings
x Normal and Magical versions of each boy
x Battles
x Puns
x Insults
x Smooth lines and plenty of flirting

The Team:
Red: Dictator Project Lead, Co-writer, Co-artist, Programmer
Hyesun: Co-writer + more
Adhylia: Co-artist, Real Magical Girl + more
Camy: GUI + more

Questions:
1. What do you think about the story?
2. Which of the boys would you want to give the magic stone to?
3. Any other feedback?

Note: Thread is still under construction and will be updated again soon
Last edited by Red-Baby on Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

bunnyvoid
Regular
Projects: Lots of BG Commissions
Tumblr: bunnyvoid
Deviantart: bunnyvoid
Soundcloud: bunny-void

Re: HEROxTRIO [BxB, Yaoi Jam, Magical Boys]

#2 Post by bunnyvoid »

Cute story ! And it reminds me a bit of ninokuni (bestowing magic stones) but with older boys 😆. Id love to give the power to the Rex 😃 cause we have a lot of similarities in preference.

Nice work!!!

Ertal77
Veteran
Completed: A Hand in the Darkness, Chasing the Stars, My Burning Heart, Blood and Lust, Lurkers, Jolly Roger, The Remainder, The Manor, Night and Day
Projects: Deep in the Forest and Exes Assault!!
Organization: Ertal Games
Tumblr: ertalgames
itch: ertal-games
Discord: Ertal#0394

#3 Post by Ertal77 »

Hehehe, I love that we play as Roo! I've always wanted to be a cute alien critter!

Apart from that, the plot seems pretty simple, which is good for a Yaoi Jam project. Magical Boys stories are always fun, besides!

Since the protag is not one of the boys, should we assume there's a love connection between the three boys? Like, a love triangle? Will there be a polyamory option??

Or do they have love interests outside of their small group? Because it's a BxB game for a reason... There must be a love story somewhere!
Do you like BL games? Then join Ertal Games' Discord!

Red-Baby
Veteran
Completed: Free!: Arabian Nights, BAKED:MAGIC, I'm a love interest in my CHILDHOOD FRIEND'S reverse harem!!!, I'm a side character in a BL story!, Ell's Kitchen

#4 Post by Red-Baby »

bunnyvoid wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:28 am Cute story ! And it reminds me a bit of ninokuni (bestowing magic stones) but with older boys 😆. Id love to give the power to the Rex 😃 cause we have a lot of similarities in preference.

Nice work!!!
Thanks Bunny! I haven't played Ni No Kuni yet but the game definitely draws reference from a lot of Magical Girl/Boy anime. I'm glad you would give it to Rex, I'm hoping you like his magical version ^w^

Ertal77 wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:44 am Hehehe, I love that we play as Roo! I've always wanted to be a cute alien critter!

Apart from that, the plot seems pretty simple, which is good for a Yaoi Jam project. Magical Boys stories are always fun, besides!

Since the protag is not one of the boys, should we assume there's a love connection between the three boys? Like, a love triangle? Will there be a polyamory option??

Or do they have love interests outside of their small group? Because it's a BxB game for a reason... There must be a love story somewhere!
Thanks Ertal! Yes, there is romance and flirting =D (I'm not sure if it's good flirting or not but I'll let everyone else decide)
As Roo you can guide your chosen hero to spend extra time with one of the other two boys. I considered a polyamory option, but at the moment it seems we'll only be able to release half the game in time for Yaoi Jam.

illuminate001
Veteran
Completed: DSGR, Let's MEAT Adam, Sexy Litter, Bara Boarders
Projects: Secret Project
Organization: Soulsoft Electronic Arts
Tumblr: soulsoftea
itch: soulsoftea

#5 Post by illuminate001 »

MAGICAL BOYS?!?!? >_< ~KYaaaaaaa~!

It makes me think of "Cute High Earth Defense Club Love!", so I hope to be blown away by whatever outrageous costume/uniform they'll have to transform into.

Anyways, goodluck fellow YaoiJammer!
ImageImage
ImageImage

Red-Baby
Veteran

#6 Post by Red-Baby »

illuminate001 wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:56 pm MAGICAL BOYS?!?!? >_< ~KYaaaaaaa~!

It makes me think of "Cute High Earth Defense Club Love!", so I hope to be blown away by whatever outrageous costume/uniform they'll have to transform into.

Anyways, goodluck fellow YaoiJammer!
I'm not gonna lie, I was very inspired by Cute High Earth Defense Club Love! when it first came out. But I've also drawn inspiration from Magical Girl Ore, Sailor Moon, and Card Captor Sakura. Haha.

We're not releasing the magical forms until after Yaoi Jam so we hope everyone is awed by their designs ^w^

Thanks illuminate!

Red-Baby
Veteran

#7 Post by Red-Baby »

The demo is now available and released in time for Yaoi Jam

PLAY THE DEMO

illuminate001
Veteran
Completed: DSGR, Let's MEAT Adam, Sexy Litter, Bara Boarders
Projects: Secret Project
Organization: Soulsoft Electronic Arts
Tumblr: soulsoftea
itch: soulsoftea

#8 Post by illuminate001 »

Hey RedBaby,

So I was originally going to wait until the 1st to start trying all the YJ2018 submissions but I couldn't wait. lol. So that I would still accomplish stuff today, I decided that I would only play a few submissions each day. HeroXTrio was one of amongst Batch#1!

I totally get why you wanted to keep the magical outfits a secret, because they are pretty funny. :) Admittedly I went with Rex being the one of pureheart, but then had to go back immediately and check on the other 2 as well. lol (I went with my first pick though to finish the rest of the demo) Although Pari was actually my fav of the 3 personality wise!

I can definitely see the influence of "Cute High Earth Defense Club Love!" and I'm interested to see how HeroXTrio takes that and makes it uniquely it's own. One thing I'd want to mention, is that at first I was really lost on who was speaking. In the final perhaps the UI should take on more to showcase whose speaking (like Characters Names are unique colors etc.)

A fun, light-hearted, comedic entry! I enjoyed it!
ImageImage
ImageImage

Red-Baby
Veteran

#9 Post by Red-Baby »

illuminate001 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:54 pm Hey RedBaby,

So I was originally going to wait until the 1st to start trying all the YJ2018 submissions but I couldn't wait. lol. So that I would still accomplish stuff today, I decided that I would only play a few submissions each day. HeroXTrio was one of amongst Batch#1!

I totally get why you wanted to keep the magical outfits a secret, because they are pretty funny. :) Admittedly I went with Rex being the one of pureheart, but then had to go back immediately and check on the other 2 as well. lol (I went with my first pick though to finish the rest of the demo) Although Pari was actually my fav of the 3 personality wise!

I can definitely see the influence of "Cute High Earth Defense Club Love!" and I'm interested to see how HeroXTrio takes that and makes it uniquely it's own. One thing I'd want to mention, is that at first I was really lost on who was speaking. In the final perhaps the UI should take on more to showcase whose speaking (like Characters Names are unique colors etc.)

A fun, light-hearted, comedic entry! I enjoyed it!
Hi Illuminate!!!!!!

Yay!!! I'm so glad you enjoyed it =D Haha, yeah I wanted to really shock everyone with the transformations, hoping it makes everyone try to play all the routes. I'm glad Pari is your fav, he's mine too ^w^ (Don't tell the other two)

Thank you for the feedback! Yeah I should change their name colours. I forget at times since I know who is meant to be who I just read it and think "yeah makes sense". Haha. It helps to get feedback from players, thank you!

Red-Baby
Veteran

#10 Post by Red-Baby »

Just a little update:
Day 2 script is finished and about 50% coded.
Day 3 script is about 80% finished.

Here's a few screenshots from day 2 for all you Gray and Rex fans.
Untitled1.png
Untitled2.png
More updates over on twitter

Red-Baby
Veteran

#11 Post by Red-Baby »

More screenshots to come for screenshotsaturday on twitter and facebook