[Kickstarter Live] RB: Axolotl - A Dark Tale About Cute Axolotl [Mystery][Suffering][Comedy]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
actawesome
itch: actawesome

[Kickstarter Live] RB: Axolotl - A Dark Tale About Cute Axolotl [Mystery][Suffering][Comedy]

#1 Post by actawesome »

rba_main_logo.png
Trailer:

Taking inspiration from Oyasumi Punpun, the works of Stephen King, Umineko no Naku Koro Ni, and the authors own struggle with illness comes...
rb axolotl twitch.jpg
A Dark Tale About Cute Axolotl

Taking place in a tank suspended in a cosmic wonderland, 5 Axolotl appear one day from a mysterious, thundering void. The Axolotl quickly learn they are able to speak with one another, and relationships are formed. However, something is off. Each Axolotl seems to possess knowledge they should not know. Foods, and people, and places and concepts...And obsessions. Some feel a lot of pain. Some want to inflict pain. Some want to forget pain...

And who is this [RB] person that keeps appearing, anyway?

Take in some mystery, some science fiction, some action, and some character drama, add in a pinch of the authors personal reflections of pain, anxieties and depression, and this is what you get. Surely, there are many things that can be said, but RB: Axolotl is unlike anything you’ve ever seen before.

Despite it's cute art style, RB: Axolotl is intended for mature audiences only.

chrome_2018-06-19_15-34-23.jpg
chrome_2018-06-19_15-34-44.jpg
chrome_2018-06-19_15-34-56.jpg
chrome_2018-06-20_00-21-34.jpg
chrome_2018-06-19_15-35-19.jpg
Some Screenshots:
nw_2018-06-19_16-09-10.jpg
nw_2018-06-19_16-13-22.jpg
Any questions?
Attachments
chrome_2018-06-19_15-35-06.jpg

illuminate001
Veteran
Completed: DSGR, Let's MEAT Adam, Sexy Litter, Bara Boarders
Projects: Secret Project
Organization: Soulsoft Electronic Arts
Tumblr: soulsoftea
itch: soulsoftea

Re: [Kickstarter Live] RB: Axolotl - A Dark Tale About Cute Axolotl [Mystery][Suffering][Comedy]

#2 Post by illuminate001 »

This looks delightfully quirky! (I realize it's dark however...just how dark has peaked my curiosity)
ImageImage
ImageImage

actawesome
itch: actawesome

Re: [Kickstarter Live] RB: Axolotl - A Dark Tale About Cute Axolotl [Mystery][Suffering][Comedy]

#3 Post by actawesome »

illuminate001 wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:39 pm This looks delightfully quirky! (I realize it's dark however...just how dark has peaked my curiosity)
Quite dark! The demo is a small sample, if you've played that.