Alice's Reverie [GxG/NB][Romance][LGBT+][DEMO]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
lacrimoosa
Projects: Alice's Reverie
Organization: Red&Pink games
Tumblr: lacrimoosa, alicesreverie
itch: redpink-games

Alice's Reverie [GxG/NB][Romance][LGBT+][DEMO]

#1 Post by lacrimoosa »

main_menu.png
Alice’s Reverie is a visual novel following our protagonist, Alice. Alice grew tired of being compared to the protagonist of Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland as a child. Now, as a twenty-year-old struggling student and a closeted lesbian, she envies the fictional Alice’s carefree childhood days. But when Alice suddenly finds herself in her own bizarre version of Wonderland, will it be the magical adventure and fairy tale romance she’s always dreamed of?

You choose who Alice will stay with; Wendy, Vee, Catherine, Lulu, Skylar, or Reese. Each route follows the descendants of the book characters and their daily life and struggles as Alice waits patiently until the day she can return home.

The demo includes the prologue + the first full act for all the LIs, including the "secret" unlockable route.

-Characters-
click to enlarge
alice bio.png
wendy bio.png
vee bio.png
cat bio.png
lulu bio.png
skylar bio.png
reese bio.png
morrigan bio.png

-Screenshots-
click to enlarge
screenshot0031.png
screenshot0032.png
screenshot0029.png
Screenshot (35).png
______
After working for 4 years, this project finally reached a completed demo stage, and we released the demo a few weeks ago! However, we are not getting as much feedback as we would like, so I've decided to upload the game into the forum!

We're looking for feedback such as favorite route/character so far and what you like/don't like about the demo. The story of the full game has already been planned out, but the way it's played out is susceptible to change depending on the feedback we get.

If you play through the demo, please tell us what you thought! Any and all feedback is appreciated!

Download the demo here ->https://redpink-games.itch.io/alices-reverie-demo

An artist/writer/programmer working to get mine and my partner's ideas out into the world through Red & Pink Games!
"Oh geez, looks like the code just broke."

lacrimoosa

Re: Alice's Reverie [GxG/NB][Romance][LGBT+][DEMO]

#2 Post by lacrimoosa »

main_menu.png
After 3 months of developing, we've added a new patch for the demo of Alice's Reverie that includes the following:
  • 12k+ more words than the old version
  • At least 3 more hours of game play
  • Revised scenes for every character (including some that were extended and/or completely changed)
  • New beginning dialogue choices for the beginning of every route
  • 2 new scenes per route
  • 13 more CGs
  • Re-shading on the original 8 CGs
  • Completed GUI including the new preferences screen, new choice buttons, bonus page, and gallery
  • Transition screens
  • New zoom sprites for all the love interests
Alongside the patch, we are also opening up Ko-Fi donations (more about that on the itch.io page)

The link to the new version of the demo can be found here -> https://redpink-games.itch.io/alices-reverie-demo

We'd like to know what you think about the demo! Also, if there are any bugs/glitches in the game, please tell us so that we can fix them!

An artist/writer/programmer working to get mine and my partner's ideas out into the world through Red & Pink Games!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#3 Post by Zelan »

This looks super super cute, I love the art style! I'm not actually too well-versed in the original Alice in Wonderland story but I'll probably still play the full game once it's complete. c:

lacrimoosa

#4 Post by lacrimoosa »

Zelan wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:38 am This looks super super cute, I love the art style! I'm not actually too well-versed in the original Alice in Wonderland story but I'll probably still play the full game once it's complete. c:
Thank you so much! Good thing is, you don't need to be well-versed in the original story in order to understand what goes on in the game, but there are a few nods to it. I'm sure you'll enjoy the completed version (^▽^)