Hi there! I originally posted this project in an idea thread way back in May 2016 and was anticipating a release two months later. However, there was a change in the writing direction and in the art style over the past years. As it was originally intended, this will be an otome style visual novel with only one route-- in other words, there will still be multiple endings (with CGs) depending on your choices, but only one love interest. This is also now a work in progress that is nearly complete, and this time, I plan on releasing it this summer.
This story follows a songstress working as a vocalist in a local church. However, for a few years, she has been living with a non-contagious condition called miasmosis, which remains dormant for the longest time. However, if this sickness is awakened, it could cause her to turn into a monster. In the virus' dormant state, miasmosis can attract monsters wherever the host lives, causing havoc across cities and towns. As a preventative measure, everyone in cities who is suspected of having miasmosis, dormant or not, is required to take a blood test. This songstress' test comes out positive, and she's required to leave her passion and hometown for good and find a cure herself.
Currently, the four sprites here still need to be shaded and highlighted. Most of the visual work for this project has already been base colored, but just needs to be shaded. These are the characters who are introduced in Chapter 0:
Gene - Businessman
Gene works in Azaqir as a part of the family business selling fruits and vegetables. He has known Fortuna ever since he moved to Azaqir and has been lending his blood to Fortuna for the mandatory monthly blood tests, until the blood tests were required to be done in-person.
And many more!
- Approximately 40,000-50,000 words once it is released.
- One male love interest (Mercury) only, but many other characters that the protagonist comes in contact with.
- 8 characters will have sprite(s). The love interest will have multiple sprites.
- 6 CGs, one for each chapter
- Age rating still needs to be decided, but it will likely be around 13+ for the main story with extra scenes that are 18+.
- Main story is free, bonus content (artbook, .
1. Does the idea of only one love interest bother you?
2. Do you prefer conflict more, or romance in otome visual novels (i.e. fluffy, not much plot stuff)?
3. Which character do you like the most so far?