Mizuchi 白蛇心傳 [GxG][Fantasy Romance][VN] - Steam and Itchio Release

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Roxie
Regular
Projects: Assess K, Mizuchi
Organization: Aikasa Collective, Altabe Studio
itch: aikasacolle

Mizuchi 白蛇心傳 [GxG][Fantasy Romance][VN] - Steam and Itchio Release

#1 Post by Roxie »

Inspiration: Legend of the White Serpent
Developer: Aikasa Collective

GAME DEMO (updated): https://aikasacolle.itch.io/mizuchi
ImageImage

STORY:
"Is there a true path to happiness?"

Abruptly finding herself at the bottom of a snake pit, an impoverished girl named Linh is bound and helpless for a crime she did not commit. Left to the mercy of the village snake god, a mysterious entity appears before her, offering to save her in exchange for her soul.

Finding herself in a new reality, she is torn between staying with the beautiful temptress, Ai, who had rescued her from death, and the resourceful wanderer, Jinhai, who promises to set her free.

Who is the real savior? Will Linh discover the strength to change her own fate? Journey with Linh as she is forced to question her understanding of life, happiness, and what it means to be human. Every decision matters in this tale about identity, friendship, love and loss.

CHARACTERS:
Linh (MC): Growing up in poverty, she does what she must to survive. She's learned to keep her emotions and opinions in check to protect herself. She is extremely loyal to those she cares about, which gets her into trouble. Will she be able to protect what's most important to her?

Jinhai: A former nun, she is open and friendly to everyone. She finds the most joy in cooking and making medicine for others. What is her connection to Ai? What secret hides behind her unwavering smile? She also has a pet chicken that has yet to leave her side.

Ai: A serpent who reveals itself to be a shapeshifter with magical powers. Blunt, with a hatred for humans. Is she a goddess or villain? What is her true motive behind it all? Or perhaps, she really is a danger to everyone...

SCREENSHOTS:

FEATURES:
  • Two Girl x Girl Romance routes
  • 5 Endings (No 'bad' endings)
  • 117K wordcount (5 hour one playthrough, roughly 5-8 hours total)
  • Beautifully Illustrated CGs and BGs
  • Original Soundtrack
  • Character, CG, and Music Galleries
  • R15 Rating - Mature Content (Romantic Sexuality) Optional
  • Renpy: PC / Mac / Linux
  • Language: English Currently
  • Accessibility Options - Fonts, Song/SFX Captions, Self-Voicing
  • DRM Free!

Aikasa Collective
Roxie - Creator, Lead Writer, Programmer
Moonsta - Art Director, Lead Artist
Nalcyon - Artist, Lead Colorist
Amori, Walkingnorth - Editors, Testers
Geck - Line Editor
Kidoairaku - GUI Designer, Jack of Trades
Glim Music - Composer, Audio

Additional Help:
DragoonHP - Programmer
Traumendes Madchen - Effects Programmer
Vui - BG Artist
Yu Jhen & Konett - Item Artists

Full Game Complete on Itchio, New Demo Available. Pending Upcoming Steam Release (hopefully)

Thoughts:
This project Mizuchi, came to exist during a stressful year of school and the realization of my first project (adventure game) had to be moved to hiatus due to financial constraints and time. I wanted to work on a lightweight project with visual novels without heavy gameplay. Mizuchi is inspired by Legend of the White Serpent, a famous Chinese romance story. My version with a yuri twist and other folklores mixed in. I wanted to try my hand at writing on themes and topics that would personally challenge me. I've also hired artists instead of doing art myself to make this game in a timely fashion.

Track our project on Twitter @AikasaColle, larger compilation posts on Tumblr. Website is pending...

Highly appreciative of any feedback or questions about the game :)
Last edited by Roxie on Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:28 pm, edited 9 times in total.
ImageImage
Assess K (VN Adventure Game) LSF Thread | Mizuchi (GxG VN) LSF Thread | Honest Critique
[Proofreader, Beta-Tester]
Razz Art Visual - Starlight Vega [Co-writer]
Roseverte - Cafe-0, Duplicity, East Tower, How to Take Off Your Mask; Bakufu - Love Sniper
Zeiva Inc. - Train of Afterlife, OASE, X-Note, Area-X, Voices from the Sea, Natural - Beyond Nature, Dragon Essence, Anicon - Cat

parttimestorier
Veteran
Completed: No Other Medicine, Well Met By Moonlight, RE:BURN, The Light at the End of the Ocean, Take A Hike!, Wizard School Woes
Projects: Seeds of Dreams
itch: janetitor

Re: Mizuchi 白蛇心傳 [GxG][Fantasy Romance][VN] - Demo Pending

#2 Post by parttimestorier »

Ooh, this sounds like a cool setting! I'm always excited to see VNs that stray outside the typical setting of either Japan or the US, and what little I've heard of Chinese mythology is really interesting. Good luck - I'll check out the kickstarter once it's up. :)
ImageImageImage

Azura
Regular
Completed: Astrum Dare
Projects: Chromatose
Soundcloud: azuranyan

#3 Post by Azura »

This VN has beautiful art, a unique inspiration and setting, and I'm really looking forward to it. Since I notice that the dev didn't mention this in the post: Mizuchi is currently on Kickstarter and there is now an alpha demo, so please take a look!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13 ... sual-novel
https://aikasacolle.itch.io/mizuchi

CeeCeeVA
Regular
Projects: Celflux Animation as the voice of Shandrita
Tumblr: CeeCeeVA

#4 Post by CeeCeeVA »

Ooooh this looks amazing!!
Voice Actress, Casting Director, Writer & Director

https://ceeceeva.wixsite.com/chasityconner

Animation Demo Reel:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10plH50 ... p=drivesdk

For VO inquiry:
CeeCeeVA@yahoo.com

Roxie
Regular

Re: Mizuchi 白蛇心傳 [GxG][Fantasy Romance][VN] - Demo Available + Kickstarter (8/22)

#5 Post by Roxie »

Thank you all for the kind words and and support :D
@Azura - Your timing is impeccable as I was planning to update today but got stuck doing laundry T_T; Thanks!
ImageImage
Assess K (VN Adventure Game) LSF Thread | Mizuchi (GxG VN) LSF Thread | Honest Critique
Roseverte - Cafe-0, Duplicity, East Tower, How to Take Off Your Mask; Bakufu - Love Sniper
Zeiva Inc. - Train of Afterlife, OASE, X-Note, Area-X, Voices from the Sea, Natural - Beyond Nature, Dragon Essence, Anicon - Cat

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by philip »

@Roxie-

Just downloaded and played through this on my mac. The art is wonderful and the story is very interesting . . . I will look forward to the completed story.

An excellent job so far!

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

mayshing
Regular
Completed: Once an Artist, E-Depth Angel: Pinocchio's Murder
Projects: Be Mine Mr. Divine, Mizuchi, Assess K
Organization: Altabe Studio LLC
Deviantart: Mayshing

Re: Mizuchi 白蛇心傳 [GxG][Fantasy Romance][VN] - Demo Available + Kickstarter (8/22)

#7 Post by mayshing »

Yay Roxie! Wonderful idea and great story! Good luck!
That's the way life outta be

Roxie
Regular

#8 Post by Roxie »

@Philip - Thank you! Really appreciate you trying it out and we're happy you think we did a great job so far ^_^

@Mayshing - Thank you always for the support :)

Wanted to share everyone our chibis :D They will appear in game, as well as stickers for physical goods. Some of them will be available as Kickstarter only keychains!
ImageImage

Roxie
Regular

Re: Mizuchi 白蛇心傳 [GxG][Fantasy Romance][VN] - Last Day KS + Beta Demo (9/11)

#9 Post by Roxie »

We're at our last day of our KS campaign! We hope to at least hit the big stretchgoal :D
Thanks to everyone for their support and spreading the word!
ImageImage

Dao_thao

Re: Mizuchi 白蛇心傳 [GxG][Fantasy Romance][VN] - Steam Store Page (Coming Soon)

#10 Post by Dao_thao »

Is the main character Vietnamese?

Roxie
Regular

Re: Mizuchi 白蛇心傳 [GxG][Fantasy Romance][VN] - Released on Itchio with 33% Discount!

#11 Post by Roxie »

Hello Dao! My apologies, I didn't get email reminders that someone responded :( and I was busy making the game. Yes the MC is Vietnamese by default, but countries are not named to keep it more general (and keep the geography simpler).

Updated the main post with all the new information now that the game has been launched ^_^ BTW, if we need the game moved to Completed, do we still email the administration team to do so? I couldn't find the instructions about it.
ImageImage

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Mizuchi 白蛇心傳 [GxG][Fantasy Romance][VN] - Released on Itchio with 33% Discount!

#12 Post by Zelan »

You just make a new thread in the Completed Games forum when it's completed. (: Super excited to play this! Congrats on finishing.

Roxie
Regular

#13 Post by Roxie »

Thank you so much! ^_^ I hope you enjoy it!!
ImageImage

Roxie
Regular

Re: Mizuchi 白蛇心傳 [GxG][Fantasy Romance][VN] - Itchio Release

#14 Post by Roxie »

We have just released the game on Steam! https://store.steampowered.com/app/1121300/Mizuchi/
ImageImage