The Wall Between Us [GxB][Romance, Drama, Scifi]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
moonbbit
Projects: Ephemeral Light: Overture, Alas: Our Poor Hearts, The Wall Between Us
Organization: MOONBBIT☆
Tumblr: moonbbit
itch: moonbbit

The Wall Between Us [GxB][Romance, Drama, Scifi]

#1 Post by moonbbit »

blog | itch.io | twitter

Foreword: I expected this thread to be something to be done quick and easy, I knew I was wrong five minutes in when I realized I have to effort into things. Which also happens to be what occurred to me during the game development's process.

SYNOPSIS | In light of her fiance's passing, Emelie comes to face the consequences of her ignorance towards her own feelings. She realizes for the first time that after coming to know the comfort of another person's comfort and affection, it becomes difficult to adjust back to the previous empty life she lived. But everything changed when she receives the final parting gift he left behind.

THE WALL BETWEEN US is a story about one's grievance and moving on from the memories that haunt you. Featuring a nameable protagonist with two romance options and five endings, plus small variations. Follow the story of two people who try to figure out how emotions and humanity work.

CHARACTERS | The cast of The Wall Between Us centers around four different people with the focus on Emelie and Seth. However, their relationship isn't the only one that exists in the game.

Her apathy is what people noticed first from Emelie, but they soon to dismiss the idea of her stoicism when they see her passion for her work. Though, because of it, she’s also very inept when it comes to emotions, leading to her inability to cope with the death of her fiancé, Gray.

He woke up not too long ago, thanks to the untimely demise of his original owner and also the person he was modeled after. Seth is a bit new to the entire concept of humanity and only grasps what he can from the planted memories in his mind and observing people around him.

While seemingly selfish and entitled, Alfie has every reason to be the arrogant muck he is. Renowned as a genius inventor at a young age and scouted by many big names, though he’s knocked down a few pegs after meeting who would be his biggest rival yet

Soft-spoken and polite, Gray can become the epitome of kindness and charm if the situation requires him. Because of that, many people have grown to care deeply about him. Even in death, Gray left behind an impact that would linger on for a long time to come.

DETAILS | Artwork by homk (sprite and illustration) and potouto (miscellaneous and UI)
Soundtrack by ryt, with theme song by esselfortium
The game will be completely free and available sometimes late 2018 or early 2019

Last edited by moonbbit on Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

anomalice

Re: The Wall Between Us [Romance, Drama]

#2 Post by anomalice »

Wow, this looks amazing! I can't wait until it's completed ~

moonbbit

#3 Post by moonbbit »

If it gets completed you mean hohoho actually that was a joke, coming early 2019 at the cheap price of free
don't forget about us

Unicorn_Magic
Regular

#4 Post by Unicorn_Magic »

Hmmm, this looks like an emotional one, gotta get my tissues ready!
In all honestly though, the concept sounds very unqiue, and I'm looking forward to what you're gonna do with it :D
I feel like there's gonna be a lot of complex characters in this, good for me!
Anyways, I really liked the art and the GUI, and I wish you all the best with this project~

moonbbit

#5 Post by moonbbit »

Is it bad that I do hope it'll make you cry because I really do
I hope the game will come out and do your expectation justice but yes, I do focus a lot on character depth when it comes to writing rather than the overall plot so if that's what you're expecting, then that you will have!

Thank you so much for noticing the game and showering us with your warm words, we'll try our best!

And, since, I'm bad with the update, so, chibis? Chibis.

moonbbit

Re: The Wall Between Us [GxB][Romance, Drama]

#6 Post by moonbbit »

I'm so bad at updating Lemmasoft thread but here we go, a lot of progress has been made on the art front and the writing front. I only have about, one-third of the script left before I call it a day, I mean a draft. It would be easier to follow our progress on our Twitter and Tumblr where it's more active ... and fun!

There was another CG done as well but we can't spoil everything, can we?

Red-Baby
Veteran
Completed: Free!: Arabian Nights, BAKED:MAGIC, I'm a love interest in my CHILDHOOD FRIEND'S reverse harem!!!, I'm a side character in a BL story!, Ell's Kitchen
Projects: Wrong Number
Organization: WitPOP
itch: red-baby

Re: The Wall Between Us [GxB][Romance, Drama, Scifi]

#7 Post by Red-Baby »

I love the art style!
Can't wait to see more.

moonbbit

Re: The Wall Between Us [GxB][Romance, Drama, Scifi]

#8 Post by moonbbit »

@Red-Baby: Thank you so much! Hope you'll enjoy the game when it comes out!

Long time no update! Since mostly the focus of progress update is on blog and twitter, it's best you check those two out if you want to have a better idea what's going on right now.

We're currently proceeding on the art progress for The Wall Between Us, the progress has been slow but steady. The UI is also close to completion, there are only the script and the coding left outside of the art side of the game.

Sprites: ★★★★★ (all completed)
Illustrations: ★★☆☆☆ (4/20 completed)
Script: ★★★☆☆ (4/4 common, 5/8 seth, 3/8 alfie)
Programming: ★☆☆☆☆ (lol)

Here are some non-spoilery in-progress ones for your viewing pleasure! Each from a different route of course, for who, you probably know already.