Fantasia : At Regime's End [GxB, GxG, FREE] [COMPLETE]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

Re: Fantasia : At Regime's End [GxB, GxG, Fantasy, FREE] [Demo]

#31 Post by azureXtwilight »

Also people, here is a demo walkthrough for the three little endings you are able to get in the demo:

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#32 Post by azureXtwilight »

I finished Zen's path and is now unto the next. Meanwhile, have a major character in one of the paths:

Salmah Khalfani-Vanderborough is the current reigning queen of Leonnara and Fatima's little sister, inheriting the same healing abilities as Fatima. Salmah loves playing dress-up and collecting seashells.
salmah.png

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#33 Post by azureXtwilight »

Time to vote! Players, which ones do you like best for the game? Longer storyline w/ less endings or shorter storyline w/more endings? Vote here!

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#34 Post by azureXtwilight »

All right, poll's over everyone! (Over 100 votes OMG) And the vote goes toooo..... LONGER PATH! I officially declared that there will only be maximum 4 endings to each path in order to preserve the storyline.​ Also if you matchmake anyone to anyone, their interactions and endings will be added to the storyline as different unlockable interactions (Like in fire emblem) So as the main storyline unfolds the people around you will act differently towards each other instead without changing the storyline too much. So it's the basic storyline, but with different interactions.

In here I'm showcasing in a playthrough if you paired Fatima and Altair as opposed to Fatima and Nazim:

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#35 Post by azureXtwilight »

Hello again! It seems like I can only afford one more girl route, so please vote if you want Sylvanna or Mai!

Vote here : https://twitter.com/azureXtwilight/stat ... 0393363457

Harmonywish
Regular

#36 Post by Harmonywish »

I don't have a twitter, but I'd vote for Sylvanna if I could! I think she's adorable and her character "bad at being bad" sounds really cute xD

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#37 Post by azureXtwilight »

Harmonywish wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:52 pm I don't have a twitter, but I'd vote for Sylvanna if I could! I think she's adorable and her character "bad at being bad" sounds really cute xD
Whee, thanks! Will add it to the poll voting! I will add it to my personal tally! In here there is no time limit to the vote, so if you don't have twitter, just post it here!

ALSO WHOEVER WINS GET A 2ND OUTFIT

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#38 Post by azureXtwilight »

Hi, lads! Here's where your donations are used for:

The realm and valdrox backgrounds complete! Art by https://www.deviantart.com/vermilia27
REALM.jpg
valdrox.jpg

Bouki
Regular

#39 Post by Bouki »

Hi there!

I dropped by to say that, even though I have seen the Fantasia games many times on this forums, and always made a mental note to check it out sometime (since the world's name, Fantasia, is the same from one of my favourite books; The Neverending Story), I just, well, didn't. Though after playing this demo, and getting completely hyped, I just had to play the others, even though this is not necessarily a sequel to them. And boy, am I happy I did. I did my best to get every ending and every detail there is. You seem to be really gifted in writing likeable characters and amusing dialogue. To me, the most amazing side about RoT was how it was childish in a good way, how it made me feel nostalgic about my teenage years. I've (and I'm sure all of us did this) always daydreamed about epic stories like this, but never bothered to write them (nor I had this much skill and imagination). RotA was even better as each character was special without falling into a certain trope, and they stayed in character with their own perspective throughout the story. How you polished your English and matured was really showing. Sad thing is, I've made the mistake of playing Cain's route first thing. My real life boyfriend is inconsolable, for he is aware that he can be no match for Cain.
Jokes aside, even though Cain remained my favourite, of course I had to play all of the routes and found out I enjoyed each of them greatly, especially Raven and Volg's. After I got all of the endings, I had to play through Cain's route one more time because him being sad seeing his bae taken away from him in every other route just... broke my heart. Kudos to you, I do this with just the stories I reaaally really like.
So, I don't want to sound like a fake flatterer here, but I genuinely think creating a world like this as a hobby, and keeping to do so over the years, while your Fantasia grows up with you is admirable. It made me realize that maybe I should start doing something that lasts, so I can look back in 10 years and see something I made myself. Thank you for the inspiration :)

Speaking about this demo, and I'll try to keep it short in order to not leave a giant comment wall here, my favourite thing has to be the second-person narrative (also I happen to have almost the same name as Fatima, so each time someone adresses her, it kinda amplifies this aspect) and ever-sarcastic remarks of the narrator. I liked all of the characters so far. Ash was surely an interesting heroine, a different take on the player character as a badass assassin with not traditionally feminine looks is refreshing. I am curious to see how this dense weirdo will make her way into someone's heart. As for love interests, Zen is more like best-bud candidate, Malik stands out to me with his design being quite attractive (red-head lover here, as you might have guessed) and his attitude raised some questions for me, and Altair was the most interesting tsundere-pie, since mages are my true weakness. Gal routes are not that interesting to me in terms of romance since I am aggressively into guys, but running off to a sunset with Fatima is a must. With Fatima's naive nature and Syl's ''bad at being bad'' personality, both seem to promise an amusing route (though I am more excited about matchmaking them just to see their reactions, hehe). Hoping all the best for you and this game, really looking forward to playing it. Cheers, and good luck to you and your trusty editor!

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#40 Post by azureXtwilight »

Bouki wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:39 pm Hi there!

I dropped by to say that, even though I have seen the Fantasia games many times on this forums, and always made a mental note to check it out sometime (since the world's name, Fantasia, is the same from one of my favourite books; The Neverending Story), I just, well, didn't. Though after playing this demo, and getting completely hyped, I just had to play the others, even though this is not necessarily a sequel to them. And boy, am I happy I did. I did my best to get every ending and every detail there is. You seem to be really gifted in writing likeable characters and amusing dialogue. To me, the most amazing side about RoT was how it was childish in a good way, how it made me feel nostalgic about my teenage years. I've (and I'm sure all of us did this) always daydreamed about epic stories like this, but never bothered to write them (nor I had this much skill and imagination). RotA was even better as each character was special without falling into a certain trope, and they stayed in character with their own perspective throughout the story. How you polished your English and matured was really showing.
Hey, thank you so much! Fantasia will always have a special place in my heart, and I'd like to see the story continues. Please keep giving your support to the series! I am going to make sure this story is finished for a the Fantasia lovers everywhere!
Speaking about this demo, and I'll try to keep it short in order to not leave a giant comment wall here, my favourite thing has to be the second-person narrative (also I happen to have almost the same name as Fatima, so each time someone adresses her, it kinda amplifies this aspect) and ever-sarcastic remarks of the narrator.
Hoho! I wonder if anyone has a guess on who the narrator is! They are pretty special~
I liked all of the characters so far. Ash was surely an interesting heroine, a different take on the player character as a badass assassin with not traditionally feminine looks is refreshing. I am curious to see how this dense weirdo will make her way into someone's heart. As for love interests, Zen is more like best-bud candidate, Malik stands out to me with his design being quite attractive (red-head lover here, as you might have guessed) and his attitude raised some questions for me, and Altair was the most interesting tsundere-pie, since mages are my true weakness. Gal routes are not that interesting to me in terms of romance since I am aggressively into guys, but running off to a sunset with Fatima is a must. With Fatima's naive nature and Syl's ''bad at being bad'' personality, both seem to promise an amusing route (though I am more excited about matchmaking them just to see their reactions, hehe).
I am actually really looking forward to see anyone's guesses on who's the true true love interest is, as Fantasia tends to fall into that habit XD I admit I'm too much inspired by the fire emblem series!

Also please check my twitter since I post all the updates there!

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#41 Post by azureXtwilight »

So, I have been without news lately and that because I underwent a knee operation for a ligament repair. A lot of money and hard work goes into the operation, so I have decided to just make 4 love interests for this game, in which I no longer have the resources to make more love interests. So all the dateables in the demo will be the final dateables!

Perhaps I will add the GL routes as patch if anyone is interested to buy those... But let's see. The main goal is for the game to ultimately get finished.

All that said, writing is 50% finished as Zen and Fatima's route is fully written! Yay!

Also vote here for the first route you wanted to play, it helps for... uh, impacts.

Also some CG update:
D2UmdooU8AAgq3z.jpg

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#42 Post by azureXtwilight »

Just updating to say this project is very much alive, 3.5/6 route is completely written!
89581.jpg
swimsuits.jpg
Also, did any of you remember Nazim (redid) and Raven?
small.png
raven.jpg

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#43 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Yooo, Raven is gonna make it in this game??? Sweet!
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#44 Post by azureXtwilight »

He does! =D Although I can't promise everyone will be back, but here are Vahn and Ciel!
Attachments
sprite.png
sprite.png

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#45 Post by azureXtwilight »

Code: Select all

Statistics:

The game contains 20,603 dialogue blocks, containing 203,660 words and
1,094,253 characters, for an average of 9.9 words and 53 characters per block.

The game contains 78 menus, 595 images, and 54 screens.
Hey! We're nearing the word count of Doppelganger! Doppelganger had 260.000 words!