[DELETED]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Onio
Projects: Heart of the Universe
itch: onio

[DELETED]

#1 Post by Onio »

[DELETED]
Last edited by Onio on Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:51 am, edited 4 times in total.

Preseva
Regular
Projects: The Miller's Daughter

Re: Heart of the Universe [Sci-Fi] [Romance] [Comedy]

#2 Post by Preseva »

I like the ragtag group on a mission for unprecedented knowledge and glory premise. It's a more relatable and interesting take on space exploration than what you'll get from, say, Star Trek, with its expensive ship and highly trained crew that all came from the same academy structure, and it's fun to root for an underdog and see the problems that arise when people with vastly different training and backgrounds work together. But, I should point out, if you are talking about a literal journey to the center of the universe - the universe doesn't have a center.

HimeNaya
Regular
Projects: S.I.N
Deviantart: himenaya
itch: himenaya

#3 Post by HimeNaya »

Can I just say how exciting this looks?! And the art? and the team that's been composed to work on this project! <3 I'm excited. I will keep my eyes on this project. I'm looking forward to updates. :)

Onio
Projects: Heart of the Universe
itch: onio

#4 Post by Onio »

Preseva wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:26 pm I like the ragtag group on a mission for unprecedented knowledge and glory premise. It's a more relatable and interesting take on space exploration than what you'll get from, say, Star Trek, with its expensive ship and highly trained crew that all came from the same academy structure, and it's fun to root for an underdog and see the problems that arise when people with vastly different training and backgrounds work together. But, I should point out, if you are talking about a literal journey to the center of the universe - the universe doesn't have a center.
If you follow the conceptual theory of the Big Bang, it states all matter originates from a center point and then expanded exponentially outwards. As this is a theory and unproven, we have no clue if the center is real or not, so thanks to fiction of the future, we can bend the rules of the unknown to our will!

Preseva
Regular
Projects: The Miller's Daughter

#5 Post by Preseva »

As I understand it, that's a common misconception of the Big Bang theory.
The universe, in fact, has no center. Ever since the Big Bang 13.7 billion years ago, the universe has been expanding. But despite its name, the Big Bang wasn't an explosion that burst outward from a central point of detonation. The universe started out extremely compact and tiny. Then every point in the universe expanded equally, and that continues today. And so, without any point of origin, the universe has no center. — Live Science
Nonetheless, you are correct in that you don't need to follow established scientific theory, and a journey toward the origin of life makes for one hell of a quest. :D