Love Esquire [Dating Sim] [RPG] - KICKSTARTER + DEMO LIVE NOW!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Yangyang Mobile
Regular
Completed: The Letter, The Diary
Projects: Love Esquire
Organization: Yangyang Mobile
Tumblr: yangyangmobile
Deviantart: yangyangmobile
itch: yangyangmobile

Love Esquire [Dating Sim] [RPG] - KICKSTARTER + DEMO LIVE NOW!

#1 Post by Yangyang Mobile »

Love Esquire's Kickstarter is live now! The game still has a long way to go, but with your help, we can bring this game to life! Support us on Kickstarter and help us realize our dreams for the game!

DOWNLOAD: WINDOWSMACLINUX

*Please take note that this is an alpha demo; everything is still a work-in-progress and may change in the final game. If you encounter any problems or bugs, please let us know ASAP! Don't forget to answer the survey found at the end for a special wallpaper! :)

Love Esquire is a romantic-comedy visual novel/dating simulator, with a nostalgic touch of old-school RPG combat.

In this game, you're not a famous knight, but a good-for-nothing squire who's on a quest to find man's greatest pleasure. Getting the girl won't be easy though, since most of them are waaay out of your league!

To make things worse: you have a few months left before this huge war happens, and the only thing you know is how to milk cows. Good luck cramming years worth of training into four months! If it's any consolation, you get a medal if you die. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No one believes that a lowly squire can save the world while banging – err, bagging – the girl of his dreams... but with a shitton of dumb luck, well... you might just prove them wrong!

Welcome to the world of Love Esquire, and may the fertility god have mercy on your virginity.
  • Nameable Hero – Whose name will these girls cry out during those scenes? You decide!
  • 5 Dateable Waifus – More than just pretty faces, the ladies of Love Esquire have their own unique personalities, story arcs, and backstories!
  • Turn-based combat with a twist – As a squire, you have a number of “unconventional” ways to assist your needy knight. Properly time your actions to unleash the full potential of your skills which are simply... out of this world!
  • Manage your day – Allocate what little time you have in this world by forcing yourself to socialize or doing your job as a squire barely living on minimum wage.
  • Git gud by raising stats – Stats will have an impact on your skills during combat, and they also affect your relationship with the girls. In other words, shape up to be the ideal man for the best results!
  • Forge Relationships – Get to know your waifu on a personal level by being around her and talking about stuff. Sure, she’ll think you’re a creep at first, but persistence is key! As she eventually warms up to you, find out how there’s more to her than meets the eye.
  • Multiple Endings – What’s waiting for your squire at the end of the journey? Make decisions that will end up great or turn out to be otherwise.
  • Partially Voiced – So you can hear your waifus partially express their partially undying love for you!
  • Mature Content – This game contains subjects and themes your parents warned you about as a kid.
  • Moddable Content – The game will support simple modding on release. To be discussed in a future update.
  • Original Soundtrack – We want you to experience the feels while playing this game, and our soundtrack will see to that!

Having lived most of his life as a farm boy, you take control of the inexperienced and carefree Squire. Watch him grow to become the ideal man and overcome the various challenges he's yet to face.

His fate (and virginity) rests in your hands.

Depending on how smooth the development goes, we're looking at a late-2018 to mid-2019 release for Love Esquire. It will be distributed on Steam and Itch.io (Windows/Mac/Linux), followed by a mobile release (Android/iOS) a few months after. We don't have any plans for a console release, but that's something we might possibly consider once the game is out.
We're Yangyang Mobile, an indie company specializing in video games and mobile apps development. Our HQ in the Philippines is run by a group of passionate individuals who live off creativity and pizza! We're known for The Letter and The Diary, both interactive visual novel games.

The Letter was a successful Kickstarter project and a highly-rated game; it is our validation to everyone that we're not only capable of completing this project, but also delivering it up to standards.

With your help, we're hoping Love Esquire to become our best game yet! :)
  1. What do you think of the game's concept? Do you like it? Hate it?
  2. What do you think of the characters currently presented? Do you have someone you find interesting in particular?
  3. Did you enjoy the RPG elements of the game? What were your favorite parts about it?
  4. Any other suggestions, comments, critiques?
Last edited by Yangyang Mobile on Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
We're Yangyang Mobile, a small indie dev group from the Philippines! ♡
Patreon | Discord | Twitter

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Love Esquire [Dating Sim] [RPG] - KICKSTARTER + DEMO LIVE NOW!

#2 Post by philip »

@Yangyang Mobile-

Well, I downloaded this and played through on my mac . . . it's pretty darned good for an alpha version! The sprites and background art are very well done, nicely detailed and with vibrant coloration. And the dialog is quite good; I didn't see any grammar or spelling problems.

Did notice one small problem . . . at the beginning, when I confirm my choice of name, the next click takes me to a save screen, rather than the start of the game.

I'll look forward to the continuation and ultimate completion of this effort!

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

Yangyang Mobile
Regular

#3 Post by Yangyang Mobile »

philip wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:28 pm @Yangyang Mobile-

Well, I downloaded this and played through on my mac . . . it's pretty darned good for an alpha version! The sprites and background art are very well done, nicely detailed and with vibrant coloration. And the dialog is quite good; I didn't see any grammar or spelling problems.

Did notice one small problem . . . at the beginning, when I confirm my choice of name, the next click takes me to a save screen, rather than the start of the game.

I'll look forward to the continuation and ultimate completion of this effort!

philip
Thanks for the feedback, phillip! We'll look into the issue you raised! :D
Image Image

Yuki Tsubasa

#4 Post by Yuki Tsubasa »

I'm not usually the type to play waifu dating sims but damn! This game looks pretty! I heard about you guys since I'm a big fan of your other game, "The Letter", good to see that you guys are branching out. Love what you did with the RPG mechanics, playing as a weak squire who only has 2 HP is a really unique (and hilarious) idea. The sprites have a ton of emotions, and the painted backgrounds are beautiful! I wish you guys luck on your Kickstarter campaign!

Also, the girls are really cute! And Hugh is also really hot! Hope you guys get the 60,000$ fully voiced stretch goal since I really love it when VNs are fully voice acted.

HimeNaya
Regular
Projects: S.I.N
Deviantart: himenaya
itch: himenaya

#5 Post by HimeNaya »

I just pledged! :mrgreen:

Cannot wait! It looks great, guys! :)

Yangyang Mobile
Regular

#6 Post by Yangyang Mobile »

Yuki Tsubasa wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:35 pm I'm not usually the type to play waifu dating sims but damn! This game looks pretty! I heard about you guys since I'm a big fan of your other game, "The Letter", good to see that you guys are branching out. Love what you did with the RPG mechanics, playing as a weak squire who only has 2 HP is a really unique (and hilarious) idea. The sprites have a ton of emotions, and the painted backgrounds are beautiful! I wish you guys luck on your Kickstarter campaign!

Also, the girls are really cute! And Hugh is also really hot! Hope you guys get the 60,000$ fully voiced stretch goal since I really love it when VNs are fully voice acted.
Hey! Thanks! Glad to hear you enjoyed The Letter! Love Esquire might be drastically different from our first game, but we're aiming to bring you the same level of polish and enjoyment! Don't forget to spread the word! :D
HimeNaya wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:28 pm I just pledged! :mrgreen:

Cannot wait! It looks great, guys! :)
Woot! Thanks! Hope you enjoyed the demo!
Image Image

gran_centurio

#7 Post by gran_centurio »

Congratulations on being fully funded! I'm a bit late to the party though xD

What do you think of the game's concept? Do you like it? Hate it?
- I just tried it, and I must say, I'm amazed of the level of polish of this! I keep finding myself getting overslept in game due to the number of things you can do in it xD

What do you think of the characters currently presented? Do you have someone you find interesting in particular?
- Right now, Gisele and Beatrice are my top two for now xD I do wonder why Gisele is shy from the get-go. I'm calling it for a trauma in the past! *insert xfiles theme* . But given the current theme and mood of the game, I highly doubt it xD

Did you enjoy the RPG elements of the game? What were your favorite parts about it?
-Very! It's pretty light for me to get into, without any complicated controls. That ultimate thing that Hugh did was amazing, albeit not being able to kill the king slime xD

Any other suggestions, comments, critiques?
- Is it me or is it that 50000 gold per loot is kinda a bit too much? Though I get that it's a prototype and will be adjusted in the future, but I guess it somehow it broke my immersion xD
- I wish the demo was longer, even just the training and rpg elements xD
- As backers in kickstarter, do we get updates faster than the general public?

Will be definitely backing this one up, even though it's already funded roflmao

Yangyang Mobile
Regular

#8 Post by Yangyang Mobile »

gran_centurio wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:49 am Congratulations on being fully funded! I'm a bit late to the party though xD

What do you think of the game's concept? Do you like it? Hate it?
- I just tried it, and I must say, I'm amazed of the level of polish of this! I keep finding myself getting overslept in game due to the number of things you can do in it xD

What do you think of the characters currently presented? Do you have someone you find interesting in particular?
- Right now, Gisele and Beatrice are my top two for now xD I do wonder why Gisele is shy from the get-go. I'm calling it for a trauma in the past! *insert xfiles theme* . But given the current theme and mood of the game, I highly doubt it xD

Did you enjoy the RPG elements of the game? What were your favorite parts about it?
-Very! It's pretty light for me to get into, without any complicated controls. That ultimate thing that Hugh did was amazing, albeit not being able to kill the king slime xD

Any other suggestions, comments, critiques?
- Is it me or is it that 50000 gold per loot is kinda a bit too much? Though I get that it's a prototype and will be adjusted in the future, but I guess it somehow it broke my immersion xD
- I wish the demo was longer, even just the training and rpg elements xD
- As backers in kickstarter, do we get updates faster than the general public?

Will be definitely backing this one up, even though it's already funded roflmao
Thanks for the feedback! And don't worry about backing even if it's already funded! We still have a couple of stretch goals we need to reach and each would help greatly in making Love Esquire better. ;)
Image Image

gran_centurio

#9 Post by gran_centurio »

Awesome! I'm really hoping that the full voice stretch goal will be fulfilled xD Partial voice are okay, but the full thing would be a blast to experience c:

Yangyang Mobile
Regular

#10 Post by Yangyang Mobile »

gran_centurio wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:13 pm Awesome! I'm really hoping that the full voice stretch goal will be fulfilled xD Partial voice are okay, but the full thing would be a blast to experience c:
We're getting there. We actually achieved our first stretch goal today! Let's aim for the full VA stretch goal! :D
Image Image

CalixtheGreat
Regular
Projects: Zephyr Breeze Investigations
itch: calixthegreat

#11 Post by CalixtheGreat »

Waaaah!
The demo is excellent! ❤
Kakaproud. Pinoy gumawa. Haha
Good luck!
FB PAGE:
CALIX THE GREAT

Yangyang Mobile
Regular

#12 Post by Yangyang Mobile »

CalixtheGreat wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:58 am Waaaah!
The demo is excellent! ❤
Kakaproud. Pinoy gumawa. Haha
Good luck!
Nice! Glad to hear you enjoyed it! Be sure to answer the survey at the end of the demo and share it with your friends!
Image Image