Dream of Stars [sci-fi][BxG] KICKSTARTER LAUNCH!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
inima
Soundcloud: INIMA Game Works

Dream of Stars [sci-fi][BxG] KICKSTARTER LAUNCH!

#1 Post by inima »

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/in ... -companion

Today is my birthday, so as a present to myself, I've launched the kickstarter for Dream of Stars, a VN that's been in development, in some form, since 2010.

Dream of Stars takes place in 2132 and is the story of Tomohiro, a teenage shut-in with a talent for hacking, as he finds himself recruited into a government initiative to colonize distant planets. Along the way, he meets three (or four, or more!) young women with unique talents who will be helping him along the way: Tsukiko, the android assistant to the agency's boss, Momoka, an alien with telepathic abilities who serves as the agency's counselor/therapist, Fumiko Mori, a child genius and head of R&D, and Noah Shimizu, the agency's head of operations and an old friend of the boss. Through his interactions with these girls, will Tomohiro be able to help them solve their problems, solve his own in turn, and pave the way for humanity to one day live among the stars?

Much of the work for Dream of Stars is already completed: I've finished the script (narration and dialogue), and I've already done the soundtrack. I learned a pretty nasty lesson from the last time I tried Kickstarting DoS, so I'm working with a different artist and only asking a rather modest starting goal. More than anything, this is a passion project for me, but if you're able to pledge to the campaign, any amount would mean a lot to me. If not, I'd appreciate simply spreading the word.

The Kickstarter page includes all the information you'll need, including character profiles, story/setting information, stretch goals and backer rewards... and of course a playable demo. Download it and give it a try, and if you like what you see, consider contributing!