The Divine Speaker [BxB][Fantasy][18+][ENG/ESP/FR/JP/DE] KICKSTARTER + DEMO LIVE!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Gabmag
Regular
Completed: A Date with Death, The Divine Speaker, start;again, Amelie, The Sun and the Moon
Projects: Dreambound
Organization: Two and a Half Studios
IRC Nick: Gabmag

Re: The Divine Speaker [BxB][Fantasy][18+][ENG/ESP/FR/JP] OPENING SONG RELEASED

#31 Post by Gabmag »

Hi everyone!
I thought I'd write up a quick update on where we're at. We've completed all the Dakimakura, which you can check out below. We've also completed an 18+ version of the Speaker, which we've posted on to your Patreon!
You can see some of the full images on Patreon as free posts!

We've also completed our main menu illustration! Here's a little teaser!

We're also now fully focused in on finishing up CGs! Fuyuure is fantastic at making our boys look absolutely stunning. Here's another little preview:

It was Leos' birthday on the 18th! Here's his birthday image:

As for our demo! The game is fully programmed and ready to go. What we're waiting on is:
  • Voice lines from our VA Team
  • The last few CGS
  • Our animated opening
The thing that is taking the longest is our animation. Hand drawn, 2D animation isn't a quick process by any means. However, we hope to bring out a build for beta testers soon, and then release the demo and kickstarter at roughly the same time. I hope you've enjoy what you've seen so far!

Please follow us on Twitter, where we post many updates, and come chat to us on discord! We have a great community and we'er all super friendly!
TWITTER | DISCORD | PATREON
i make games sometimes, other times i cry.

Gery
Regular

Re: The Divine Speaker [BxB][Fantasy][18+][ENG/ESP/FR/JP] OPENING SONG RELEASED

#32 Post by Gery »

This is looking absolutely stunning! A seriously beautiful game with a solid talent behind it. I can also tell someone is being quite the perfectionist ;) And that's what I love about indie games - the passion and dedication you don't see anywhere else. Lovely to see another wonderful project being shared on this forum! Keep up the amazing work!

Gabmag
Regular
Completed: A Date with Death, The Divine Speaker, start;again, Amelie, The Sun and the Moon

Re: The Divine Speaker [BxB][Fantasy][18+][ENG/ESP/FR/JP/DE] DEMO NOW AVAILABLE

#33 Post by Gabmag »

I'm so happy to announce that the demo for The Divine Speaker is now available!
Please go try it here! Tell us what you think, share it, whatever you'd like!
We're also excited to announce that our Kickstarter will be live tomorrow, on the 16th of April.
Please enjoy!

vchan
Regular

#34 Post by vchan »

Hiya! Just played through the demo and was pleasantly surprised. First thing I love a lot is the art. Second, I was not disappointed by the voice acting. Very superb! Every did great in conveying the emotions to the script. I did like how the story did a good job of explaining the world to us when we first play. It is a well polished game so far. The only thing that felt a bit rushed. The main character kept knocking out to a voice but I guess that will be explained later?? I was taken aback when the red haired guy Leos appears out from nowhere and tells us he knows what the marking is, only to have us banned by the divine speaker and lead us to leave our village out of nowhere. That part felt fast but I suppose that means there are more explanations in the future release. A bit sad we didn't get to meet Cyne, he's my favorite! But am looking forward to full kickstarter backing and more answers to all the things that happened in the full game.

Gabmag
Regular

#35 Post by Gabmag »

vchan wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:29 am Hiya! Just played through the demo and was pleasantly surprised. First thing I love a lot is the art. Second, I was not disappointed by the voice acting. Very superb! Every did great in conveying the emotions to the script. I did like how the story did a good job of explaining the world to us when we first play. It is a well polished game so far. The only thing that felt a bit rushed. The main character kept knocking out to a voice but I guess that will be explained later?? I was taken aback when the red haired guy Leos appears out from nowhere and tells us he knows what the marking is, only to have us banned by the divine speaker and lead us to leave our village out of nowhere. That part felt fast but I suppose that means there are more explanations in the future release. A bit sad we didn't get to meet Cyne, he's my favorite! But am looking forward to full kickstarter backing and more answers to all the things that happened in the full game.
Hi Vchan!

First of all, thanks so much for playing the demo. I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Yes, that part was wrote in a rushed sense, since for Raen it all happened very quickly. It's the same for him. Suddenly, weird things were happening to him, and they kept on stacking up and up. That's why in some scenes, you'll see that Raen hasn't thought too hard about what's going on. Further on in the game, he'll realise somethings that maybe he should've picked up on earlier. Trust me when I say that everything that happened was calculated and has a meaning behind it. Actually, it might be worth thinking a little more about what happened with Leos and the Speaker, maybe some of the hints will surface ;)
The full game is around 150-200k words, so there is a lot of story and explaining left to do.
Cyne is introduced around 40k words into the game, but we do wish we could've shown him off more too.
Thanks again,

Gabby

ParrotWatcher
Regular
Completed: Unearth your Gays
Projects: Lovecraft Academy
Tumblr: parrotwatcher
itch: parrotwatcher

#36 Post by ParrotWatcher »

This is a nice start. Fawn is just as cute as I was hoping, although we haven't really seen enough of Leos (or Cyne) for me to get much of an impression of them. Shockingly, I don't think I trust the Speaker... :P

I guess if I had one complaint, it would be that we never see the markings on Raen's arm. It seems weird to hide them, especially since there are two separate CGs which show Raen staring at them, unless it's something that we the audience would recognise but Raen wouldn't (which seems an odd way of doing things...)

Anyway, good luck with the game! :)
Please check out my BL WiP, Lovecraft Academy!

Gabmag
Regular

Re: The Divine Speaker [BxB][Fantasy][18+][ENG/ESP/FR/JP/DE] KICKSTARTER + DEMO LIVE!

#37 Post by Gabmag »

Hi everyone!
We're so happy to announce that our kickstarter is live!

Please consider backing us and making the full game become a reality!

KICKSTARTER

akrasia
Projects: Demon Valley
Organization: Green Cheek Studio
itch: greencheekstudios

Re: The Divine Speaker [BxB][Fantasy][18+][ENG/ESP/FR/JP/DE] KICKSTARTER + DEMO LIVE!

#38 Post by akrasia »

This is brilliant on so many levels! Adored the end of the promo. I highly suggest that anyone reading this watches the entire promo video on the first post/KS page!
Demo was amazing and I really look forward to the full game, you have my backing. :D

Gabmag
Regular

#39 Post by Gabmag »

Hi everyone!
We're already over 60% funded! Yay!
Thank you for all of your support <3

If you haven't checked out our Kickstarter yet, you can see it here.

We've been working on some additional characters for the game (including planning backer OCs!) and promotional art. We hope to put out another 18+ CG soon!

Thanks again
Gabby

Gabmag
Regular

#40 Post by Gabmag »

We're over 80% funded. Not much further to go now! Thank you all so much.
We've been working on additional sprites + CGs for the extended demo. We've also been editing and doing lots of programming. We can't wait to show you guys more.
Thanks!