The Divine Speaker [BxB][Fantasy][18+][ENG/ESP/FR/JP/DE] KICKSTARTER + DEMO LIVE!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
bobconway
Regular
Completed: Whale's Waldo, Xenopathy, YAGS, Earth Boys are Easy, Charles 2.0, YAGS Booty Call
Projects: http://bobcgames.com
Tumblr: bobcgames
itch: bobcgames

Re: The Divine Speaker [BxB][Fantasy][18+]

#16 Post by bobconway »

Thanks for making things more readable. Those character bios look a lot better now.

Those backgrounds are absolutely spectacular, and the characters look really distinctive and intriguing. I really like the outfit designs.

Good luck finishing up the demo! I definitely know what it's like just waiting on art assets (been basically done with my game other than art for most of a year), and it can be really frustrating, but it's always amazing how much difference one piece of art can make, and to see everything coming together.

Are you going to have a Kickstarter after the demo release? I generally don't like backing Patreons for defined projects like this, but I'd definitely be onboard for a final copy.

See my other games here or find me on Twitter

Gabmag
Regular
Completed: A Date with Death, The Divine Speaker, start;again, Amelie, The Sun and the Moon
Projects: Dreambound
Organization: Two and a Half Studios
IRC Nick: Gabmag

#17 Post by Gabmag »

bobconway wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:22 pm Thanks for making things more readable. Those character bios look a lot better now.

Those backgrounds are absolutely spectacular, and the characters look really distinctive and intriguing. I really like the outfit designs.

Good luck finishing up the demo! I definitely know what it's like just waiting on art assets (been basically done with my game other than art for most of a year), and it can be really frustrating, but it's always amazing how much difference one piece of art can make, and to see everything coming together.

Are you going to have a Kickstarter after the demo release? I generally don't like backing Patreons for defined projects like this, but I'd definitely be onboard for a final copy.

No, thank you for pointing it out! We had to compress the image size here a lot, so I find that some things don't come out as well as I'd like them to.

We're so happy with our BGs as well! Henry Ou (you can find him here) is a fantastic artist and a pleasure to work with.
And Fuyuure (here) is amazingly talented. She's created art for a few successful kickstarters already too, so check those out if you get the chance! We love all of their outfits (Although I still have a personal favorite), we're hoping to get some Halloween art done as well.

We thought about releasing the demo without all of the assets we wanted, but we've decided against it. Like you said, it really comes together. Plus we really want to show off our amazing artists too.

Yep! We're hoping to have everything ready for the kickstarter by the end of the year, and we'll announce the date here after we've finished the demo. We hope to create other games after The Divine Speaker as well, so please keep an eye out for us.
Thanks so much for your support and kind words!
i make games sometimes, other times i cry.

Gabmag
Regular
Completed: A Date with Death, The Divine Speaker, start;again, Amelie, The Sun and the Moon

#18 Post by Gabmag »

Our main artist Fuyuure just completed our promotional images featuring Raen and all of his romanceable boys!
We've also ordered our custom GUI from potouto, so it won't be too long now until we can release the demo! Thanks everyone for your continued support :D

Gabmag
Regular

Re: The Divine Speaker [BxB][Fantasy][18+] NEW PREVIEW!

#19 Post by Gabmag »

We've posted a new short preview to show off our art, new GUI, and music! Please check it out!
Some things are still to change, but we're only a few CGS off releasing the demo now. Let me know what you think!

crystalscm
Regular
Completed: Suiyue
Projects: Scales of Fate
itch: tsukimii

#20 Post by crystalscm »

Uggh, can I just cry at how The Divine Speaker isn't dateable? I mean, it's probably understandable, but I'd kill for a route for him. Well, not really, but you get what I mean. Honestly, I should be used to these feelings. It happens all the time... my heart just hurts so much every time I get hit with that reality that a route will probably never be made for them unless some miracle happened.

This looks like a cool game you have! Design-wise, I really, really like Fawn, but I'm drawn to Cyne the most in terms of character. I always had a thing for the wild-and-free trope.

Anyway, I'm going to assume this is a paid game, because damn, it would be almost too generous at this point to make this free with all that beautiful art and all, hahaha. So, I'll probably put it on my probably-to-buy list. I have too many things I want to buy already though, so. But mark my words when I say this, if this game was free or was accepting beta testing, I'd play it the minute it comes out!

Gabmag
Regular

#21 Post by Gabmag »

crystalscm wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:37 am Uggh, can I just cry at how The Divine Speaker isn't dateable? I mean, it's probably understandable, but I'd kill for a route for him. Well, not really, but you get what I mean. Honestly, I should be used to these feelings. It happens all the time... my heart just hurts so much every time I get hit with that reality that a route will probably never be made for them unless some miracle happened.

This looks like a cool game you have! Design-wise, I really, really like Fawn, but I'm drawn to Cyne the most in terms of character. I always had a thing for the wild-and-free trope.

Anyway, I'm going to assume this is a paid game, because damn, it would be almost too generous at this point to make this free with all that beautiful art and all, hahaha. So, I'll probably put it on my probably-to-buy list. I have too many things I want to buy already though, so. But mark my words when I say this, if this game was free or was accepting beta testing, I'd play it the minute it comes out!
Thanks so much for all of your kind words!
While you're right that currently it wouldn't make sense to have the Divine Speaker himself as a route....
There's a bit of a surprise there! For your eyes only ;)
Since the rest of the game will be funded via kickstarter, we have a stretch goal for a prequel where you play as the divine speaker and experience important story events from before the main game.
This will include romance and 18+ scenes, and be a completely free stand alone game!
I completely understand where you're coming from, though. He's one sexy man, and from the start I've always wanted to make some kind of 18+ route with him, so I really hope we reach that goal!

Offworlder
Regular

#22 Post by Offworlder »

I couldn't help noticing while watching your preview video that Raen's name shows even during narration.
Since visual novels are often written in first-person, there generally isn't a name unless someone's speaking aloud. This makes it much easier for the reader to differentiate between when the main character is thinking and when they're talking to someone else.

Gabmag
Regular

#23 Post by Gabmag »

Offworlder wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:05 pm I couldn't help noticing while watching your preview video that Raen's name shows even during narration.
Since visual novels are often written in first-person, there generally isn't a name unless someone's speaking aloud. This makes it much easier for the reader to differentiate between when the main character is thinking and when they're talking to someone else.
Hi!
Thanks for that. We've played game with both. Since it's usually his thoughts, we'll probably keep his name for his own narration and use quotation marks to show when they're speaking aloud. But I'll keep than in mind!
Thanks again :)

Gabmag
Regular

#24 Post by Gabmag »

Here's another preview! We've decided to double our demo's length. Mostly, we wanted to be able to introduce the next character, Fawn, and include more CGS and BGs!

Gabmag
Regular

#25 Post by Gabmag »

Hey everyone!
We've updated our first post with new graphics and character introductions! :)
I also wanted to show off some of the BGs we've received lately (please note, HQ versions are available on our twitter! These had to be scaled down):

And here's our latest complete dakimakura! We have samples on the way.
You can also view the full sized image here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/23173242

High
Regular

#26 Post by High »

The backgrounds look gorgeous, especially the first one. And so does Fawn. XD But shouldn't he have more of a bulge on his, uh, crotch? It look like he's tucked like a drag queen.

Gabmag
Regular

#27 Post by Gabmag »

Nice catch! We'll get them a little more junk xD

Gabmag
Regular

#28 Post by Gabmag »

It's been a little while since our last update, so I thought I'd talk a little about what we've been up to.
The VAs for the main cast are now chosen! Here's our main boys:
Raen - Jacob Wilson
Fawn - Kiba Walker
Leos - Jonah Scott
Cyne - Evan Lee
the Divine Speaker - Azria/Cole

Some exciting news - our opening song is now complete, sung by the fantastic Morgan Berry! We're also getting a fully animated opening movie, by Stefani! You can see a small part of the storyboard below. You can see the full thing + hear the song on patreon!

Apart from that, we're busy writing! Once the next few CGs are complete, the demo will be nearly ready!
Lastly - we're now bringing out the game in FRENCH, SPANISH, and JAPANESE! Yay! Hopefully we will add a few more languages to this list. So far, the French and English editions are complete.
Thanks so much for your continued interest. If you want to see more frequent updates, follow us on twitter.
Until next time! :)

Gabmag
Regular

Re: The Divine Speaker [BxB][Fantasy][18+][ENG/ESP/FR/JP] NEW PREVIEW!

#29 Post by Gabmag »

We're having two twitter polls to determine who will be featured in our Valentines day art! Come vote, if you're interested :)

Canon Pairing Poll
Non-Canon Pairing Poll

Gabmag
Regular

Re: The Divine Speaker [BxB][Fantasy][18+][ENG/ESP/FR/JP] NEW PREVIEW!

#30 Post by Gabmag »

Listen to our full opening, composed by Efe Tozan, and written and sung by Morgan Berry! Also, big thanks to Fuyuure as always for the idol Raen!
Enjoy!