The Divine Speaker [BxB][Fantasy][18+][ENG/ESP/FR/JP/DE] KICKSTARTER + DEMO LIVE!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Gabmag
Regular
Completed: A Date with Death, The Divine Speaker, start;again, Amelie, The Sun and the Moon
Projects: Dreambound
Organization: Two and a Half Studios
IRC Nick: Gabmag

The Divine Speaker [BxB][Fantasy][18+][ENG/ESP/FR/JP/DE] KICKSTARTER + DEMO LIVE!

#1 Post by Gabmag »

The Divine Speaker is an 18+ BxB Fantasy Visual Novel, following the adventures of our main character, Raen. With art by the amazing Fuyuure, and music by Efe Tozan, we hope we can give you a truly magical experience.

You'll follow Raen's adventures as he's thrown out in to a world he's never known before. You'll meet a host of interesting characters, including three romanceable guys who will join Raen along the way.

So, what really is "The Divine Speaker"? It's an 18+, fully uncensored Japanese style visual novel, with a heavy focus on character and story.

While there is a multitude of NSFW sex scenes, we really wanted to show interesting, compelling characters and a rich, story driven world as well!

We are aiming for a Q4 2019 - Q1 2020 release date! We want plenty of time to create a game we can be proud to show you. If it's ready before then, that'll be a bonus!

The demo is: ~10k words and shows the prologue and first two romanceable characters! Coming soon!

Last edited by Gabmag on Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:33 pm, edited 18 times in total.
i make games sometimes, other times i cry.

bobconway
Regular
Completed: Whale's Waldo, Xenopathy, YAGS, Earth Boys are Easy, Charles 2.0, YAGS Booty Call
Projects: http://bobcgames.com
Tumblr: bobcgames
itch: bobcgames

Re: The Divine Speaker [BxB][Fantasy][18+]

#2 Post by bobconway »

Ooo, more BxB!

I like the premise. The idea of dystopian utopias is always interesting to me, especially to see it from the perspective of someone that has (willingly or unwillingly) been removed from it. The art also looks promising.

I'll note that the text on Raen's character profile is a little difficult to read right now. The text needs to be larger, or you need to use a less stylized font.

You might also want to fix your social media links in the post. They need to start with https:// or they'll be relative links within the forums (and therefore broken).

See my other games here or find me on Twitter

High
Regular

#3 Post by High »

The premise sounds very intriguing to me. I can see a lot of storytelling potential in a character who is so sheltered and trusting as Raen (at least that's what I got from his short bio) learning some dark truths about how his world works. Maybe the higher power who decided his destiny is a fraud and he enters a major crisis of faith when he learns that. Maybe he decides that he's content with the life he has despite learning the higher power who decided his destiny is a fraud. Maybe he learns the higher power who decides everyone's destiny is a fraud but doesn't share that information with anyone to not unravel kingdom. I can see the story going to a lot interesting places.
Gabmag wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:38 pmfind out when our kickstarter goes live!
Sooo Kickstater... I want to support the game, cause this is exactly the type of game I like, but the thing is I'm poor and I've already backed two projects this month. So I'll need you to start your campaign in mid-october or get a 60 day limit so I can throw my money at you as well without making my wallet cry. Also I don't think you're allowed to advertise a Kickstarter campaign here without a demo.
Gabmag wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:38 pmIs there anything you would like to see? Any suggestions as to 18+ content you would like us to feature will be looked at too!
Like specific positions and kinks and stuff? Eh nothing comes to mind. As long it's actual explicit content and not those stupid sex scenes where the characters are angled in weird positions just so their genitals are conveniently covered I'm good. I can anticipate to you from having backed many games like this before that the most common requests you'll see from backers will be to have a)Reversible Positions and b)Threesomes, so you might want to think about those two.
Last edited by High on Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gabmag
Regular
Completed: A Date with Death, The Divine Speaker, start;again, Amelie, The Sun and the Moon

#4 Post by Gabmag »

Thank you for your feedback!
We hope people will enjoy following along with Raen, who like you say, is very sheltered and trusting. He will definitely experience a lot of things he didn't know about before!
We won't link the kickstarter here until the demo is ready, don't worry! Hopefully that will be very soon!
Don't worry, this will be fully uncensored 18+ content - None of those silly sex scenes. Everything in full view. We're thinking about reversible positions and threesomes, they may end up as a stretchgoal.
Also, we're thinking the kickstarter will be up around late October - November, so no worries there.
Thanks again, have a great day!
Gabmag

Gabmag
Regular

#5 Post by Gabmag »

Here's a previews of Raen's other sprites! If you would like to see these in HD (I can't upload large files here!) please check out our Facebook or Twitter!

Our next character reveal is coming up soon... Get ready!

Red-Baby
Veteran
Completed: Free!: Arabian Nights, BAKED:MAGIC, I'm a love interest in my CHILDHOOD FRIEND'S reverse harem!!!, I'm a side character in a BL story!, Ell's Kitchen
Projects: Wrong Number
Organization: WitPOP
itch: red-baby

#6 Post by Red-Baby »

The story idea sounds really interesting! Excited to see more. And the art is beautiful!

Gabmag
Regular

#7 Post by Gabmag »

And our next character to reveal.... Fawn!
If you'd like to see HQ photos of him, check out our twitter! His full body sprites are also on our patreon.
If you have any questions about him, feel free to ask!

Gabmag
Regular

#8 Post by Gabmag »

For our third character reveal... The sexy Leos!
If you'd like to see full body sprites, check out or patreon, and HQ images can be found on our twitter!

ParrotWatcher
Regular
Completed: Unearth your Gays
Projects: Lovecraft Academy
Tumblr: parrotwatcher
itch: parrotwatcher

#9 Post by ParrotWatcher »

BxB with cute guys and an interesting-sounding setting and plot? Count me in! :D
Gabmag wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:04 pm If you have any questions about him, feel free to ask! [/center]
I do like his mismatched clothes, but it feels as though his innermost layer fits him far too well... I guess it's supposed to be too small, but it looks more like it was designed to be skintight and revealing; something too small would probably have torn by now.

Anyway, good luck with the game! :D
Please check out my BL WiP, Lovecraft Academy!

Gabmag
Regular

#10 Post by Gabmag »

ParrotWatcher wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:04 am
I do like his mismatched clothes, but it feels as though his innermost layer fits him far too well... I guess it's supposed to be too small, but it looks more like it was designed to be skintight and revealing; something too small would probably have torn by now.
Thank you so much for your support!
Fawn definitely goes through a lot of clothes! Some too small (his inner shirt), some too big (his jacket/overshirt), and he replaces them with new clothes as he finds and scavenges them.
We hope you'll enjoy the story we have to tell!

Gabmag
Regular

#11 Post by Gabmag »

On to our next character reveal... It's none other than our namesake character, the Divine Speaker!
A kind, caring man that rules over Aurelia Cavella. He's the one that speaks with the Gods and delivers fate on to new children.

We hope you like his design! Please check out our Twitter or Patreon for HQ images!

The next character we have to reveal is our third and last love interest! Keep your eyes peeled!

Gabmag
Regular

#12 Post by Gabmag »

The final of our dateable character, Cyne!
Cyne likes to enjoy the finer things in life, and have a little taste of all the yummy "food" he finds.
The exact image of a power bottom!

And for our next announcement... We're working on our demo! It's to be released very soon. We post updates on our patreon every week, so feel free to check those out.

Mikomi
Veteran

#13 Post by Mikomi »

The art looks so amazing! * o * I really love the design of this, I'm excited to see it all come together. Good luck on this! ♥

Gabmag
Regular

#14 Post by Gabmag »

Mikomi wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:10 pm The art looks so amazing! * o * I really love the design of this, I'm excited to see it all come together. Good luck on this! ♥
Thank you so much! We're really happy with the direction we're going, and we are so lucky to be working with Fuyuure as our main artist, she is absolutely fantastic at what she does.

Gabmag
Regular

#15 Post by Gabmag »

Hey everyone!
I thought I'd post some WIPs and update you all on how we're going.

We post weekly updates on patreon, but for all that didn't know - we're currently working on our demo! It's completely written, mostly programmed, so we're just waiting on CGs and BGs.

We received our first 18+ CG Sketch from Fuyuure, if you'd like to see it uncensored check out our patreon :D

Our BG artist Henry Ou has also been hard at work! We gave him a difficult, big task for his first BG and he blew it out of the water, we're so happy with it!

Lazybuns has been working on some chibi art for us too. We love the style!

And lastly, here's an exclusive look at our Kickstarter Promo Image sketch! It really shows who they all are as people. Thanks so much for your support so far! We can't wait to show you more of what we've been working on.