Fate's Bite: A Vampire Hetalia Fan Game

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo.
Neeka
Veteran
Projects: Alice in Neverland
Organization: Ostrich Burger Productions
IRC Nick: Neeka

Fate's Bite: A Vampire Hetalia Fan Game

#1 Post by Neeka » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:07 pm

ABOUT:

Fate's Bite is a story-heavy visual novel following Emcee (name-able), a young woman who just returned from years of boarding school abroad. Pressured by the head maid she returns home to attend a ball. However, it seems her past (including the parts she is oblivious to) has followed her once again. After accidentally bumping into a stranger she faints, awaking in a strange mansion.

Eight beautiful strangers tower above her. They mention a Foretelling, the life-changing meeting of a human, the 'Chosen', and a vampire. However, it seems they grabbed the wrong human as she has never heard of the prophecy let alone vampires before. To avoid death she must continue with the Foretelling, choosing a soulmate who is directly linked to her.

CHARACTERS:

There are eight men, all romance-able, all with their own dark, twisted pasts.

-Alfred: The former best friend who has turned a cold shoulder to Emcee.

-Arthur: The vampire whose mood can turn on a dime, from all smiles to sinister glares.

-Feliciano: A flirtatious vampire with a love for seeing Emcee scared.

-Francis: A vampire who never means what he says, treating Emcee like a toy.

-Ivan: A generally easy-going vampire who has a not-so-hidden dark side.

-Kiku: A sadistic vampire who loves to treat Emcee like a servant rather than a soulmate.

-Ludwig: A no-nonsense vampire who will punish anyone breaking the rules.

-Yao: A vampire with the most knowledge of the Foretelling and perhaps the darkest secret of all.

FEATURES:

~Eight routes
~High quality backgrounds
~Ornamental GUI
~Dialogue choices as well as choices affecting routes
~Ending types such as Vampire, Man Servant, and Brute.
~Unlock-able content including character backstories, CGs, and secret endings
~Moving background music and immersive sfx
~Possibly character animations such as Live2d
~Free to play
~Rated PG-13 for blood, suggestive themes, swearing, and other things of a dark nature.

This project began a few years ago by a team on Tumblr; I was added as a writer. Unfortunately the team fell apart and the project was dropped. With permission I was able to resurrect the project and have been publishing it to Wattpad as a fanfiction. I'm quite excited and devoted to this VN and can't wait to see it become a full-fledged game. So far it's a team of one, though I hope to expand!

Fake screenshot: (Character art by chigoplush on DA)

https://trello-attachments.s3.amazonaws ... enshot.jpg

France chibi by Nobutsana

PROGRESS:

-Outline: 100%
-Script: 30%
-Backgrounds: 99%
-BGM + SFX: 0%
-GUI: 100%
-Sprites + CGs: 0%

Questions: What do you think about the premise? Do you enjoy visual novels with dark themes? What do you think of the cast? Any concerns?

Thanks for viewing! ~<3

Neeka
Veteran

Update: 10/17

#2 Post by Neeka » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:37 pm

Here are some sample backgrounds and GUI for the game~

The ballroom and first scene.

The mysterious mansion the Reader finds herself trapped in.

A choice button. There are also blue and green colors, which may indicate whether you've made a good, bad, or 'true' choice.

Neeka
Veteran

Mini Update: 10/19

#3 Post by Neeka » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:42 pm

4 parts of roughly 21 have been written.

Neeka
Veteran

Re: Fate's Bite: A Vampire Hetalia Fan Game

#4 Post by Neeka » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:37 pm

Here is a sprite example as well as a mock screenshot. Character drawn by Akua~

pumpkin spike
Regular

#5 Post by pumpkin spike » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:39 am

Oof, you have just hit me with my past obsession love of Hetalia, super intrigued to the release of this game >v>

What do you think about the premise? Vampires are a classic, but I have to admit, the fact that it's based on Hetalia draws me in quite a bit.

Do you enjoy visual novels with dark themes? Certainly. I feel like there are a few boundaries that I wouldn't cross/read, but that's me personally. As long as stories are tagged with proper warning and subject matters handled with respect, I think it's fine. (I think there are many levels of this, depending on how dark a route you want to go.)

What do you think of the cast? I'm a little surprised at Feli and Kiku's personality descriptions. Certainly makes me interested in the story.
Magical Girl Memories;
A WIP visual novel in its beginning phases.

Stuck Between Dawn and Dusk;
A vampire Otome game.
(Recruiting!)

Big Bad Wolf;
A WIP Yaoi game, demo set to be released at the end of yaoi jam.
(Demo 1.0 out!)

Neeka
Veteran

#6 Post by Neeka » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:46 pm

pumpkin spike wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:39 am
Oof, you have just hit me with my past obsession love of Hetalia, super intrigued to the release of this game >v>

What do you think about the premise? Vampires are a classic, but I have to admit, the fact that it's based on Hetalia draws me in quite a bit.

Do you enjoy visual novels with dark themes? Certainly. I feel like there are a few boundaries that I wouldn't cross/read, but that's me personally. As long as stories are tagged with proper warning and subject matters handled with respect, I think it's fine. (I think there are many levels of this, depending on how dark a route you want to go.)

What do you think of the cast? I'm a little surprised at Feli and Kiku's personality descriptions. Certainly makes me interested in the story.
Thanks so much for your comment! :) On the game release page/info section I'll list any possible warnings. Feliciano and Kiku may seem a little out of character, though that's due to their (vampire) pasts.