Socializing Simulator [Slice of Life]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
NikMacPattyWak
Projects: Socializing Simulator
Github: nikkimacahon

Socializing Simulator [Slice of Life]

#1 Post by NikMacPattyWak »

(Updated November 24,2019)
WELCOME TO COLLEGE
You are Robin Ackers, a neurotic mess who would sooner drop out of school and live the rest of your days in the wilderness than have to enter into an awkward conversation. Nevertheless, you find yourself in the precarious situation of wanting an education. It is now your burden of destiny to survive the semester and all the post-pubescent angst that comes from being on your own for the first time. Go to class, work at a cafe, adopt a ferret, and learn the true meaning of Christmas!
You've got four potential close friends, take your time with them. Socializing Simulator is a game where you play at your pace. Rather then choosing one friendship per playthrough, the game doesn't end until you complete all four routes. So strap in, because while college sucks, you're not alone.
MEET:
You can't avoid people forever. But that doesn't mean you can't trick them into thinking you have your cr*p together. It's up to you to feel out the best way to interact with your fellow humans.
SocializePreview.png
Use your nearly non-existent intuition to determine which is the best approach for interacting with your peers. Your judgement and the stats you build in the story segments will determine whether or not you've successfully fooled someone into thinking you're normal.
FEATURES:
  • Socializing "Battle" System
  • "Friend" Collectible (Expressed as friend requests on in-game social media)
  • Multiple endings dependent on player choices
  • (Possible) DLC Chapters
PROGRESS:
DEMO
Script - 100%
Character Designs - TBD
GUI - 70%
Backgrounds - 10%
Music - 10%

FULL GAME
Outline - 90%
Script - 15%

Note From Nikki:
I'm very new to the creation of VNs and just trying to pick stuff up as I go. A lot of decisions have yet to be made in regards to what this project will be produced. I'll probably be hopping onto different threads asking for advice. If this is a project that you find interesting, cool. That was the intention. :D I'll be posting updates on its progress to my twitter account and be (trying) to keep an up-to-date blog on its progress on.

twitter| blog
Last edited by NikMacPattyWak on Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Nikki
nikkimacahon.com

nerupuff
Veteran

Re: Socializing Simulator [Slice of Life]

#2 Post by nerupuff »

I would totally want to adopt a ferret. The character descriptions are quite charming! I'm hooked on the game's premise. I'll check back on the twitter and your blog for updates! I hope you'll be able to complete the game. Wishing you the best of luck!
ImageImage
Hire me for proofreading, editing, and (maybe) writing! ♡ Check here!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Socializing Simulator [Slice of Life]

#3 Post by Zelan »

This looks like just my kind of game! I really like the humor just in this first post, and I love the idea of a "battle" system (after all some days talking to people really does feel like a battle, haha). I'll be anticipating your updates!