Where the White Doves Rest [BxB][Mystery]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

Where the White Doves Rest [BxB][Mystery]

#1 Post by Hijiri »

You will find them where the white doves rest...

June, 2004
Daichi Ibato has had a peaceful and uneventful life in the city, but he feels like he lacks direction compared to others his age. Things take a dark turn when he's forced to leave his home after an argument with his mother. After a chance meeting with a businessman, he moves in with him in the countryside, agreeing to take care of the man's father as repayment. But as Daichi begins his new life with the Kagemori men, he can't shake the feeling that something is off. Just as the shadow of the Grave Tree hangs over the town, a similar dark presence seems to be cast over Kenji and Rintaro. With strange people urging him to leave, Daichi must make a choice: Will he turn a blind eye to the shadows that haunt the Kagemori family, or will he seek the truth and bring them to light?

The Reflection Chapter ~ Tsumihanseishi-hen
Daichi easily falls into his role as caretaker for Rintaro, and finds himself drawn to the man in other ways. But things are not all well in his new life. Not after a strange man warns Daichi of the dangers of the Grave Tree…

The Heartmending Chapter ~ Kokoroiyashi-hen
While he promised to do his job earnestly, Daichi finds himself utterly bored with taking care of Rintaro. After spending some time with Kenji, he feels something draw him towards the man. But in the midst of this blooming romance, a mysterious woman warns Daichi about getting too close to the Kagemori men…

Daichi Ibato (衣鳩 大知)
DOB: February 13, 1986 (Age: 18) | Height: 165cm | Weight: 54kg | Blood Type: B+
The son of Fr. Hifumi and Sachiko Ibato and a brilliant youth.
While he can be lazy, Daichi has shown an aptitude at things that require dedication like engineering and electronics. His greatest virtue has always been to help those in need, and has been well recognized by those in his community as someone always willing to lend a hand.
But while he is loved by those around him, Daichi hides his insecurities from most people. Unsure of his future and recently aware of his sexual identity, the youth finds himself lost. Things only worsen for him upon outing himself his mother, who in a moment of panic, pushes him away. It was this event that lead him to the town of Hanagawa, as the newest member of the Kagemori household.

Kenji Kagemori (影森 賢治)
DOB: January 14, 1982 (Age: 22) | Height: 172cm | Weight: 80kg | Blood Type: A-
The son of Rintaro Kagemori and your everyday businessman.
Not many people know Kenji personally, not even those he grew up with, but one thing everyone can agree with is that he is very friendly and innocent to the point of naivete. Always with a smile on his face, the man seems to take everything with stride and often claims that his father is the source of such strength.
As an insurance businessman, he is feared by his colleagues for how easily he can get clients to eat out of his hands and tends to outdo his sales quotas frequently. Some even go as far to say that when he's hard at work, Kenji channels a demon within him.
He invited Daichi into his home as a favor for having helped him find his way home one night.

Rintaro Kagemori (影森 林太郎)
DOB: November 30, 1959 (Age: 44) | Height: 183cm | Weight: 91kg | Blood Type: O+
Father of Kenji Kagemori and a retired architect turned advisor.
Unlike the innocence of his son, Rintaro has experienced heavy loss throughout his life, culminating in his wife up and leaving him. Despite this and his gruff appearance, Rintaro is a surprisingly gentle man with a calming presence.
He is fiercely protective of his son, to the point many are afraid of approaching the family for fear of repercussion. Whether this is a result of his many losses is something many in Hanagawa wonder about him.
Despite his reputation, he gladly welcomes Daichi into his home.

Sachiko Ibato (衣鳩 幸子)
DOB: May 16, 1963 (Age: 41) | Height: 166cm | Weight: 70kg | Blood Type: AB+
The widowed mother of Daichi and an abuse survivor.
Sachiko was once trapped in her family's abusive household, but was rescued by her late husband and married him shortly thereafter. She struggles to be a good mother, but sometimes gives in to her darker emotions. It is one of these moments of weakness that cost her her son.

Father Kagerou Moriya (守屋 影郎)
The head priest of St. Agnes' Cathedral and Daichi's godfather.
Following the death of his best friend, Kagerou quickly took to the role of father figure to Daichi. While he tried his best to help Daichi after coming out to him, his lack of foresight in assisting Daichi with his mother unwittingly causes the family to fracture.

Shion Tamaki (環 梓音)
Daughter of the respected Tamaki family and Daichi's childhood friend.
While Shion has never been one to be direct, her feelings towards Daichi have always been easy to read by those around them. In her attempts to romance her childhood friend, she unknowingly triggers the fight that would cause the Ibato family to fracture.

You can download the first arc now from Itch.

General Information
Title: Where the White Doves Rest (白鳩の葬る場所に Shirohato no Houmuru Basho ni)
Genre: Romance/Mystery/Horror
Writer/Artist/Programmer/UI Designer: Hijiri (What have I gotten myself in to?)
Age Rating: 18+
Estimated Length: 2-4 hours
Expected Bodycount: Total Pending
Last edited by Hijiri on Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:48 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

bobconway
Regular
Completed: Whale's Waldo, Xenopathy, YAGS, Earth Boys are Easy, Charles 2.0, YAGS Booty Call
Projects: http://bobcgames.com
Tumblr: bobcgames
itch: bobcgames

Re: Where the White Doves Rest [MxM, BaraJam]

#2 Post by bobconway »

Yesss.

I've been following progress on this in the BaraJam Discord (you should all join!) and it's looking visually stunning, and the story also looks really promising.

Looking forward to more updates.

See my other games here or find me on Twitter

illuminate001
Veteran
Completed: DSGR, Let's MEAT Adam, Sexy Litter, Bara Boarders
Projects: Secret Project
Organization: Soulsoft Electronic Arts
Tumblr: soulsoftea
itch: soulsoftea

Re: Where the White Doves Rest [BxB][Mystery][BaraJam]

#3 Post by illuminate001 »

OMG Hijiri, as soon as I saw the "Horror" tag (aaannnddd I knew you were going that direction through our Discord) I thought YES! I'm glad someone else jumped into the Bara/Horror ring with me.

Anyways, like I've mentioned to others before, I love the concept and the imagery associated with this concept. A large sakura tree, symbolic of beauty, hides a dark and ugly secret. It fascinates and destroys the lives of anyone (the men?) who get entranced by it.

<3
ImageImage
ImageImage

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi

#4 Post by Hijiri »

illuminate001 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:23 pm OMG Hijiri, as soon as I saw the "Horror" tag (aaannnddd I knew you were going that direction through our Discord) I thought YES! I'm glad someone else jumped into the Bara/Horror ring with me.

Anyways, like I've mentioned to others before, I love the concept and the imagery associated with this concept. A large sakura tree, symbolic of beauty, hides a dark and ugly secret. It fascinates and destroys the lives of anyone (the men?) who get entranced by it.

<3
You mention the tree and you didn't even give me the chance to post it >:
Ah well, that's corrected now alongside with some screenshots! (Said tree being the one on the title screen.)
Image Image

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Hijiri »

I've updated the first post slightly and have some goals in mind for the project. At the very least, I'm aiming to finish Rintaro's route before the end of the jam, which will introduce you to the story and hopefully get some of you to try and solve the underlying mystery.
In terms of art, the sprites are done and I'm (stupidly) doing CG's as I write. I bring a couple of cg samples as well as showing off the outfit variations I did for the main guys.
Attachments
3a.jpg
1.jpg
variations.jpg
Image Image

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Where the White Doves Rest [BxB][Mystery][Ch1. OUT!]

#6 Post by Hijiri »

The first storyline, Tsumihanseishi, is out now!
Image Image

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Where the White Doves Rest [BxB][Mystery]

#7 Post by Hijiri »

Hello there everyone, this project is still alive and well. Work is coming along for the next chapter in the story, as well as an update on the art assets (NSFW!) I should lay out the changes that are coming for the next chapter, Kokoroiyashi-hen or The Heartmending Chapter:
  • The interface has been overhauled.
  • Tsumihanseishi will receive some extra polish now that the jam is over.
  • An epilogue will be added to the first chapter, Tsumihanseishi, that will become available after completing Kokoroiyashi.
  • You will be able to choose to play with either the original art shown in Tsumihanseishi or the new art.
I hope to have more ready for you all soon!
Image Image

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran

#8 Post by Hijiri »

Hey there, quite a bit has happened since my last update. For those of you who follow me on Twitter, you've seen some of the art progression. If you haven't seen it, here's an example for you.

I'm hoping to have a demo version of Kokoroiyashi out before the end of the year with as much of the new assets as possible.
Image Image

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran

#9 Post by Hijiri »

Hey there, dropping by to say that the first arc of Where the White Doves Rest has hit 3k downloads! I'm honestly proud of the fact that so many people have given this little game a chance and I hope to have more soon!
https://twitter.com/Echelon_EK/status/1 ... 86243?s=20
Image Image