Ethereal Pulse [Kickstarter] [Romance] [VA]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
enishigrudge
Projects: KoharuKaso

Ethereal Pulse [Kickstarter] [Romance] [VA]

#1 Post by enishigrudge »

finished
Last edited by enishigrudge on Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Ethereal Pulse [Kickstarter] [Romance] [VA]

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

enishigrudge wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:51 amA prodigy cardiologist has just completed his residency. Deciding to move home, he assumes the family clinic while living in an apartment to have some privacy. ... Being from a well-known family means everyone knows you are a prodigy, making you more popular than you'd like.
Assuming this character has completed medical school, it seems safe to assume that he's at least age thirty. What sort of person is he? Does he have an established personality? Does the reader define who he is through choices?
enishigrudge wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:51 am 2. What do you think of my push to make the characters older instead of high school aged?
I like it. It's a good point of difference. When I think back on some of my favorite boy x girl visual novels, it's tough to remember examples where one of the heroines was older than age twenty-five. Though I have read and enjoyed VNs which had at least one adult heroine...

One thing I have noted when reading girl x boy visual novels: it does not seem unusual for a male love interest to be older than 25.

enishigrudge
Projects: KoharuKaso

Re: Ethereal Pulse [Kickstarter] [Romance] [VA]

#3 Post by enishigrudge »

gekiganwing wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:32 pm
enishigrudge wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:51 amA prodigy cardiologist has just completed his residency. Deciding to move home, he assumes the family clinic while living in an apartment to have some privacy. ... Being from a well-known family means everyone knows you are a prodigy, making you more popular than you'd like.
Assuming this character has completed medical school, it seems safe to assume that he's at least age thirty. What sort of person is he? Does he have an established personality? Does the reader define who he is through choices?
enishigrudge wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:51 am 2. What do you think of my push to make the characters older instead of high school aged?
I like it. It's a good point of difference. When I think back on some of my favorite boy x girl visual novels, it's tough to remember examples where one of the heroines was older than age twenty-five. Though I have read and enjoyed VNs which had at least one adult heroine...

One thing I have noted when reading girl x boy visual novels: it does not seem unusual for a male love interest to be older than 25.
Hello!
1. The MC is a little cynical /jaded. tries to "act" polite for maintaining posture. but he's truly genuine.
The best comparisons that come to mind are Saiki Kusuo and Oreki (Hyouka).
Because hes a bit too serious he ends up as the butt of many jokes and prodding stemming from how much of an awkward daydreamer he is.
I particularly like that hes the type to mentally shout "whyyyy? whaat? howw?" when pissed or just inconvenienced.

Due to being a prodigy the guy graduated by age 20, which means he was dual classing since middle school.
We believe that all of his cores were finished by Freshman year hs and hs was only attended temporarily for regional requirements. (where he also met the heroines) And of course a 5 year residency after graduation. We modeled some of this after Shu Yano a little.

2. The heroines are around age 24-25. That's a good source, thanks for the link. Personally some of my favorite series are josei and the hs setting has really worn down on me, and probably not the only one since many light novel competitions banned the setting in JP lol