Unsound Minds: The Clarevine Epoch [18+][GxG][Dark][Lovecraftian][Christianity]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
NocturneLight
Regular
Projects: Unsound Minds: The Clarevine Epoch
Organization: Reminiscent 64
Tumblr: Reminiscent64
itch: Reminiscent64

Re: [DEMO RELEASED] Unsound Minds: The Clarevine Epoch [18+][GxG][Dark][Lovecraftian][Christianity]

#46 Post by NocturneLight »

So I'm pulling back the curtain a bit. We've hit a very unfortunate scenario.

To make a GREAT trailer, the video editor needs the layers for the background and CG art.

One of the artists messed up and merged all the layers on their art. Said artist takes a long time to make their art. By long I mean, it took around a year to finish all their art.

I'm of the opinion that if we're going to make the trailer, we need to do it right. So I believe that our artist should go back and redraw at least the CG's without merging layers this time.

The catch to this is that if they re-draw even just the CG's, we're probably not going to see the Kickstarter campaign begin until sometime next year.

Before this roadblock, we were on-track to start the Kickstarter either this month or sometime mid-March.

So I ask: should I make the video editor make a trailer using layerless art so we can get the trailer made on time?

Should I make the artist re-do the art without merging layers and take the large time loss?

Or should I look into Patreon to try and find a way to let our artist devote their time entirely to making the art so we can get to making a great trailer faster than it's going to take currently?
The Old Guard is at His Limit. The time is near to usher in the New Guard.

The Great Horror is soon to be free.

Clarevine is the key.

"Unsound Minds: The Clarevine Epoch" is a yuri visual novel that shatters english visual novel norms and aims to blend Christianity and the Cthulhu Mythos to tell a deep and dark story that you'll enjoy. You can follow the Kickstarter here.

Stay sound and persist through the chaos,
NocturneLight

Moon20
Regular

Re: [DEMO RELEASED] Unsound Minds: The Clarevine Epoch [18+][GxG][Dark][Lovecraftian][Christianity]

#47 Post by Moon20 »

Have I been there, so would I got for Patreon and look for a way there.
I hope you find solution for your problems and I wish you good luck.

NocturneLight
Regular

#48 Post by NocturneLight »

Moon20 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:31 pm Have I been there, so would I got for Patreon and look for a way there.
I hope you find solution for your problems and I wish you good luck.
Thanks! I'll keep that in mind.

Clarevine is the key.

"Unsound Minds: The Clarevine Epoch" is a yuri visual novel that shatters english visual novel norms and aims to blend Christianity and the Cthulhu Mythos to tell a deep and dark story that you'll enjoy. You can follow the Kickstarter here.

NocturneLight

Moon20
Regular

#49 Post by Moon20 »

You are very welcome and sorry for my bad English.
English are not my native language.

NocturneLight
Regular

#50 Post by NocturneLight »

For those that don't follow my Twitter, we're going to just make the best trailer we can make using layerless art.

Expect the Kickstarter to start either late February or sometime in March. A specific date will be revealed once that trailer has been made.

Clarevine is the key.

NocturneLight

NocturneLight
Regular

#51 Post by NocturneLight »

Log 17 is here!

The gist of it is:
- Be on the lookout for a date reveal for the Kickstarter campaign.

That about sums it up!

Also, if you have any of these, be sure to follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, and Reddit!

Clarevine is the key.

NocturneLight

NocturneLight
Regular

#52 Post by NocturneLight »

Log 18 is here!

The gist of it is:
- The video editor has started on the trailer and will be done by March 10th in the worst case.
- Still lookout for a date reveal for the Kickstarter campaign.

Not the best news I could give. But that's where things are right now.

Also, if you have any of these, be sure to follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, and Reddit!

Clarevine is the key.

NocturneLight

NocturneLight
Regular

#53 Post by NocturneLight »

The trailer is done! You can watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk8YBReuhh4

I'll be revealing a start date for the Kickstarter very soon!

Clarevine is the key.

NocturneLight

NocturneLight
Regular

#54 Post by NocturneLight »

Development Log 19 is here!

The gist of it is:
- The Kickstarter begins on March 25th! You can sign up to get notified when the Kickstarter begins here!

Want to get a taste of the game before then? Play the demo here: https://reminiscent-64.itch.io/clarevine-epoch-demo

Have social media? Follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, and Reddit!

Clarevine is the key.

NocturneLight

NocturneLight
Regular

Re: [KICKSTARTER LIVE] Unsound Minds: The Clarevine Epoch [18+][GxG][Dark][Lovecraftian][Christianity]

#55 Post by NocturneLight »

Just letting you all know the Kickstarter is live! You can find it here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/re ... vine-epoch

Clarevine is the key.

NocturneLight

NocturneLight
Regular

Re: [KICKSTARTER LIVE] Unsound Minds: The Clarevine Epoch [18+][GxG][Dark][Lovecraftian][Christianity]

#56 Post by NocturneLight »

I'd just like to mention, that if anyone reading this had an issue with the prices of the backer rewards, you shouldn't have anymore issues now.

I've reduced all the backer reward prices. You can read more in my campaign update.

But the biggest change is that if you want just a digital copy of Unsound Minds: The Clarevine Epoch, you only need to spend $3 now.

Clarevine is the key.

NocturneLight

NocturneLight
Regular

Re: [KICKSTARTER LIVE] [DEMO RELEASED] Unsound Minds: The Clarevine Epoch [18+][GxG][Dark][Lovecraftian][Christianity]

#57 Post by NocturneLight »

The Kickstarter died. But I'm not going anywhere.

I urge everyone reading this to complete this survey: https://us19.list-manage.com/survey?u=5 ... 71731536a5

Your responses will shape the second Kickstarter.

Clarevine is the key.

NocturneLight

NocturneLight
Regular

Re: [DEMO RELEASED] [SURVEY] Unsound Minds: The Clarevine Epoch [18+][GxG][Dark][Lovecraftian][Christianity]

#58 Post by NocturneLight »

The follow-up survey is out! I recommend everyone fill it out! You can find it here: https://us19.list-manage.com/survey?u=5 ... f9b7150c56

Remember: none of the questions are mandatory. So you don't have to fill out the questions you don't want to fill out!

Clarevine is the key.

NocturneLight

NocturneLight
Regular

Re: [DEMO RELEASED] [SURVEY] Unsound Minds: The Clarevine Epoch [18+][GxG][Dark][Lovecraftian][Christianity]

#59 Post by NocturneLight »

Big update. We're going to shoot for a small Kickstarter in September to fund a script expansion. You can read more here.

Clarevine is the key.

NocturneLight

NocturneLight
Regular

Re: [Script Expansion Kickstarter LIVE] Unsound Minds: The Clarevine Epoch [18+][GxG][Dark][Lovecraftian][Christianity]

#60 Post by NocturneLight »

The Kickstarter to expand Clarevine Epoch's script to 325 pages is live! You can view it here!

I urge anyone interested to consider backing it! Thank you!

Clarevine is the key.

NocturneLight