Angel Falls [BxB][BL][Yaoi] [Romance, Comedy, Modern Fantasy]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
AstralWire
Organization: Astral Wire Studios

Angel Falls [BxB][BL][Yaoi] [Romance, Comedy, Modern Fantasy]

#1 Post by AstralWire »

Synopsis:
At first glance, Akito is a seemingly normal university student. However, his good looks, poor track record with relationships and bad habit of moving on from one girlfriend to the next earned him the nickname "Notorious Player".

Back in heaven, there was a low-rank angel who was so insignificant, he was nameless. This nameless angel worked under Hadraniel, the Angel of Love. Hadraniel, tired of the trail of broken hearts Akito left in his wake, commanded the nameless angel to go down to Earth and teach Akito a lesson. Hadraniel gave the formerly nameless angel a human body and the name "Luke". Hadraniel said that Luke has six months to reform Akito. If he fails, there will be serious repercussions. Agreeing, Luke left for the human realm. As he departed, Hadraniel called out to him, saying,

"Whatever happens, do not fall in love with the target."

Characters:

Gameplay:
You play as Luke, Hadraniel's servant. There are three main stats: Friendship, Rivalry, and Romance. Your friendship/rivalry level will influence Akito's interactions with you. The Romance stat is independent of Friendship and Rivalry, and must reach a certain level to initiate a romance.

The Team:
Sprite Artist: aienai
CG Artist: aienai
Writer: AstralWire
Programmer: AstralWire

Social Media:
Join our public discord here: https://discord.gg/2PauHe7

Questions:
Does the plot seem interesting?
What more details of the story would you like to know?
Which character is your favorite and why?
Would you consider supporting a Kickstarter/Patreon for this project?
Last edited by AstralWire on Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Professional programmer with four years experience in the Video Game Industry.
Can't afford a programmer but have art skills? No problem! Check this out
Would you like Live2D animation for your sprites but are working on a limited budget? You can always negotiate with me.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Angel Falls [BxB] [Romance, Comedy, Modern Fantasy]

#2 Post by Zelan »

Does the plot seem interesting?: Forbidden romance can be pretty interesting, although sometimes it ends up being cliched and unenjoyable for me.
What more details of the story would you like to know?: I want to know more about Luke's personality. All that we know is that he's an angel; that doesn't tell me about who he is as a character. I'd also really like to know what he looks like.
Which character is your favorite and why?: There isn't enough information here for me to get a good idea of any character.
Would you consider supporting a Kickstarter/Patreon for this project?: Probably not. The project doesn't seem bad at all, and I would probably buy it when it came out, but there's not enough here to entice me to invest in it ahead of time.

AstralWire

#3 Post by AstralWire »

Zelan wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:06 pm Does the plot seem interesting?: Forbidden romance can be pretty interesting, although sometimes it ends up being cliched and unenjoyable for me.
What more details of the story would you like to know?: I want to know more about Luke's personality. All that we know is that he's an angel; that doesn't tell me about who he is as a character. I'd also really like to know what he looks like.
Which character is your favorite and why?: There isn't enough information here for me to get a good idea of any character.
Would you consider supporting a Kickstarter/Patreon for this project?: Probably not. The project doesn't seem bad at all, and I would probably buy it when it came out, but there's not enough here to entice me to invest in it ahead of time.
Thanks for your feedback! The art and information for the rest of the characters is coming soon. I'm struggling between giving more details to entice the viewer, and also not spoiling future events.
Would you like Live2D animation for your sprites but are working on a limited budget? You can always negotiate with me.

AstralWire

#4 Post by AstralWire »

Luke's profile added! Sketches of Hadraniel and Veronica below:

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#5 Post by Zelan »

Now that you've posted Luke's sprite and info, I'm a lot more interested in this concept! I had sort of filled in the gaps when I read the earlier version of the post, and I sort of assumed that Luke would be a quiet, demure sort of character. This is much, much better than that - I think Luke's dislike for his job will make for some really interesting conflict over the course of the VN.

It's also pretty funny that Akito dislikes lazy people, but one of Luke's traits is that he lazes around - wonder how that'll play out.

Who is Veronica? What role does she play? My guess, off the top of my head, would be that she's one of Akito's ex-girlfriends.

AstralWire

#6 Post by AstralWire »

Zelan wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:39 pm Now that you've posted Luke's sprite and info, I'm a lot more interested in this concept! I had sort of filled in the gaps when I read the earlier version of the post, and I sort of assumed that Luke would be a quiet, demure sort of character. This is much, much better than that - I think Luke's dislike for his job will make for some really interesting conflict over the course of the VN.

It's also pretty funny that Akito dislikes lazy people, but one of Luke's traits is that he lazes around - wonder how that'll play out.

Who is Veronica? What role does she play? My guess, off the top of my head, would be that she's one of Akito's ex-girlfriends.
Thanks for your feedback! Veronica isn't exactly Akito's ex, but they do have some, um, history.

Also, Angel Falls now is looking for Voice Actors (paid)! Apply here:
https://www.castingcall.club/projects/a ... 203ea24511

ShokumaNatsu
Projects: SHINRAI

Re: Angel Falls [BxB][BL][Yaoi] [Romance, Comedy, Modern Fantasy]

#7 Post by ShokumaNatsu »

Ohh, nice! I saw your survey from two-something weeks ago but I didn't expect you to start a project this quickly. Back then, I was a little torn if I liked the "angel" or the "entering a video game" idea better, but I'm glad this one got priority! (So the answer to your first question would be a "Yes".)

- What more details of the story would you like to know?
Hmm... I guess "Modern Fantasy" means it takes place in our regular old world, right? So if angels exist, do other fantastical beings like demons exist too and might possibly show up? (Just ignore this if the answer would be a spoiler!)
Also, not a story-related question, but are the three main stats raised during normal story progression via choices, or do you have to manage Luke's university life to a certain degree as well, like scheduling stuff and deciding where to go?

- Which character is your favorite and why?
From what little we know, definitely Luke! I mean, Akito is handsome too, but... Luke is just really, really cute. <3 (I love his hairstyle ww)

- Would you consider supporting a Kickstarter/Patreon for this project?
That would depend on the Kickstarter presentation, etc. It's hard to say right now since the project is still in its early stages. I'll try to keep an eye on it though, which brings me to the last question: Do you use any other social media in addition to Discord? Twitter would be awesome, for example!