Let's Go Ramen Rider [Tokusatsu] [Kinetic, Slice of Life, Comedy]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
RamenRider
IRC Nick: RamenRider
Tumblr: theramenrider
Deviantart: ziahy0nchume

Let's Go Ramen Rider [Tokusatsu] [Kinetic, Slice of Life, Comedy]

#1 Post by RamenRider »

Preface

What I’d like to hope to get out of this thread is more recognition, to connect to an audience, and to talk to other creators working on their own games. It's been hard for me due to my genre being very niche and hard for me to get in connection to creators in general. I’m not sure about any momentary gains at the moment as I am bad at using patreon with social media platforms. Also, I do not make use of most social media.

Story / Description

The Kinetic Novel is called `Let's Go Ramen Rider`. It's about Ramen Rider and the world he lives in. Ramen Rider seeks to make others happy as others he feels indebted to the deeds good people around him. He meets a girl who desires to make more friends due to her being misjudged by her angry looking face. Ramen Rider continues to serve others and save others; themselves and their hunger. Each chapter is planned to be played in a span of 5 minutes to 10 minutes.

I have made a webcomic of the same name years ago and want to make it into a Kinetic Novel as the work load of a webcomic/manga is too much work for me. I’d rather make use of coding skills and my drawing skills with a Kinetic Novel instead as I am an aspiring programmer.

Setting and Genre

The setting of the world is like the world of “Power Rangers / Kamen Rider” type of universe. The technical term is a “Tokusatsu” world aesthetic. The world is in peace time instead of a major threat or conflict as one would normally see.

What I’d like to communicate is a story about what motivations really are, what does it mean to do good, and what is good in the world. It’s a slice of life, comedy, happy, genre and more observations/introspections/exploration of the “Tokusatsu” genre with an emphasis of “Kamen Riders” (subcategory of Tokusatsu).

Current WIP

The current work done so far has been livestreamed to Twitch at http://www.twitch.tv/theramenrider.

Assets and WIP so far as follows:

Characters[5 so far]: 75% - Currently working on atm. I haven’t made new expressions just yet.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Etc Characters[Silloutes and Other 1 time pictures]: 100% - May add more for variation. Ex. More monsters.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Backgrounds[4]: 20% - They are in the process of being redrawn. I've done some and are now drafts.

ImageImageImage

Music/Sounds : 0% - I am unsure how to fit music at the moment. I would take the time once coding and characters are drawn.
UI : 0% - I have made mock imagebuttons to understand their uses for a better menu and other menu options.
Minigames [1 so far]: 40% - I’m using the stacking feature to put into arrays for a matching type of game. I have messed with a inventory code for a future detective mode similar to traditional mystery novels games/Phoenix Wright Games.

Current Plans and Schedule

My plan is to make a chapter within 2 weeks to a month apart from each other. When an arc is completed, I will combine the chapters as one larger game. So far my first chapter should be available by the end of this year or the beginning of January.

Feel free to ask questions. I hope to make Kinetic Novel for the everyone to enjoy.