Mino Mino Friendship Simulator [comedy, parody, dating sim/friendship sim][DEMO]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
tonyisaghost
Projects: Mino Mino Friendship Simulator
Organization: Gray Ghost Studios

Mino Mino Friendship Simulator [comedy, parody, dating sim/friendship sim][DEMO]

#1 Post by tonyisaghost »

Hey! We're proud to introduce our game, Mino Mino Friendship Simulator! You play a new student at Mino Mino Academy, and your goal is to make friends. There are tons of people around to befriend, including guys, girls, nonbinary people, cats, demons, trees, closets, and a horse! There are minigames, quizzes, and all sorts of fun surprises in store. Befriend over 15 different characters, have a laugh, and learn a lot about friendship on the way.

Mino Mino is a game that started as a joke but evolved into something more. The characters have heart and personality, and the story is developed and full of humor while still staying true to its core values. We hope to share our story and characters with as many people as we can!

Screenshot of Julia in History class.

Screenshot of Myc in Science class.

Screenshot of Blayne, Julia, and Jayden in the Cafeteria.

Screenshot of Julia's page in the Profiles menu.

Here's the Indiegogo page!
Here's the link to the demo!

The demo is being constantly updated, soundtrack is undergoing changes, some character models are still being created, and some backgrounds are using placeholders as of now. We'd appreciate support, and thank you for reading!

Played the demo? Questions? We'd love your feedback!
Last edited by tonyisaghost on Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Mino Mino Friendship Simulator [comedy, parody, dating sim/friendship sim][DEMO]

#2 Post by Zelan »

None of the screenshots are showing up on the LemmaSoft page for some reason? I can see them on the Indiegogo page, though, the art style is very cute. :]

ParrotWatcher
Regular
Completed: Unearth your Gays
Projects: Lovecraft Academy
Tumblr: parrotwatcher
itch: parrotwatcher

Re: Mino Mino Friendship Simulator [comedy, parody, dating sim/friendship sim][DEMO]

#3 Post by ParrotWatcher »

Seconding Zelan.

From the demo, I'd have to say that Blayne's name-thing is pretty weird. My username is my initials, so it's really not anything that could be mistaken for an actual name, and so this comes off as less creepily omniscient and more as though the computer's done something wrong... (Also, if I call myself by my initials, they won't correct me at lunch, but they'll still act as though it's not my real name in class.)

Also, the game crashes if I've already met Jayden and voluntarily choose to leave hiding to talk to them:

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'exposed_met_jay'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script_d1_c2.rpyc", line 74, in script
  File "C:\Users\tsmra\Documents\VNs\MinoMino\renpy\ast.py", line 1633, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "C:\Users\tsmra\Documents\VNs\MinoMino\renpy\script.py", line 875, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
Mino Mino Friendship Simulator 0.0.7
Sat Dec 08 09:21:51 2018
That aside, the game is fun, and the characters (those I've met) are likeable, even if they like crazy things like pineapple pizza and gherkins. :p
Please check out my BL WiP, Lovecraft Academy!

tonyisaghost

#4 Post by tonyisaghost »

ParrotWatcher wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:27 am Seconding Zelan.

From the demo, I'd have to say that Blayne's name-thing is pretty weird. My username is my initials, so it's really not anything that could be mistaken for an actual name, and so this comes off as less creepily omniscient and more as though the computer's done something wrong... (Also, if I call myself by my initials, they won't correct me at lunch, but they'll still act as though it's not my real name in class.)

Also, the game crashes if I've already met Jayden and voluntarily choose to leave hiding to talk to them:

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script_d1_c2.rpyc", line 74, in script
  File "C:\Users\tsmra\Documents\VNs\MinoMino\renpy\ast.py", line 1633, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "C:\Users\tsmra\Documents\VNs\MinoMino\renpy\script.py", line 875, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
Mino Mino Friendship Simulator 0.0.7
Sat Dec 08 09:21:51 2018
That aside, the game is fun, and the characters (those I've met) are likeable, even if they like crazy things like pineapple pizza and gherkins. :p
i’m glad you like it! i’m not sure why the pictures won’t display, i’ll have to look into that. as for the error you got, it’s because i had to change jayden’s name and variables and those things keep popping up as errors. i’ll look into blayne’s lines, too- maybe i can make it so that they only say it when certain things are true. thanks for letting me know!

Offworlder
Regular

#5 Post by Offworlder »

I think the images aren't loading because you're not meant to link directly from Google Drive. Try uploading to Imgur or another similar image host instead. : )

tonyisaghost

#6 Post by tonyisaghost »

Offworlder wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:28 pm I think the images aren't loading because you're not meant to link directly from Google Drive. Try uploading to Imgur or another similar image host instead. : )
hopefully fixed. quite a hassle, i was trying to avoid image hosting for some reason. thanks for the tip ;)

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#7 Post by Zelan »

The images work now! c: Julia is super cute, I love her profile! And Myc has some really cool character design, I love those glasses.

tonyisaghost

#8 Post by tonyisaghost »

ParrotWatcher wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:27 am

These issues should be fixed in the latest build, as well as replacing some placeholder assets. Blayne still does the thing, but it's conditional in literature class too, so if your names are the same they don't comment on it.