Requiem Aeternam [Yuri] [Eroge/Dark Fantasy]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Tiesu Erioto
Regular
Projects: Memoriae Mori
Organization: NovelEyez

Requiem Aeternam [Yuri] [Eroge/Dark Fantasy]

#1 Post by Tiesu Erioto »

This is a prototype. It should work...
Prototype: https://noveleyez.itch.io/requiem-aeternam
Note: Currently, there's a bug that may cause the game to crash if the text is advanced too quickly.
Edit: The game shouldn't crash now, though if the text is advanced too quickly, it might not be able to load images in time.
cov.png
Story:
On her way back one day, the main character wanders into a part of the city that she has never seen before. As she tries to return to where she came from, she comes across the body of someone who has just died. In her shock, everything begins to seem hopeless...until a mysterious woman approaches her with a certain deal. She accepts without much thought, not knowing just how much her decision will end up costing her...

Screenshots:

Last edited by Tiesu Erioto on Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lymphae

Re: Requiem Aeternam [Yuri] [Eroge/Dark Fantasy]

#2 Post by lymphae »

Hey, hey!!
I've downloaded the game and I absolutely love how immersive you've made it. I really like the way you've written it
(the contract sequence? made me grossed out in a good way lol)
, dialogue doesn't seem cheesy it seems fitting for the theme you've chosen. The mystery around the MC seems interesting enough to keep digging into it
and the enigmatic girl is interesting as well, I like her red sweater - creates contrast.
Music fits amazingly, made the events stand out and provided deep feelings for them.

I have to to tell you though that the controls do not resonate with me at all. Even though I read the controls on your itch.io page I still had problems with even getting past the main menu. You're thrown into the fight so abruptly that you have no idea what's going on, it was a miracle I've killed one of those things at least. I'm sorry, I don't think I'm that bad in action games, but I seriously couldn't get past the fights, is it even possible? Perhaps you should consider making difficulty levels.
Also I think it's very unintuitive to have '1' as the 'esc' button. I had to randomly discover this as I was searching for a way to save. I understand it's just a prototype and not the finished product but I still thought that my feedback might be somewhat useful. Good luck in your work!! Can't wait to see more updates on this since the story is really interesting : D

Tiesu Erioto
Regular

#3 Post by Tiesu Erioto »

Wow, thanks for the detailed feedback. Regarding the problems you had with the controls, I could try elaborating on them on the download page. As for the fights, the game is supposed to be somewhat difficult, and even I've had trouble beating it (though it might be easier for me since I made it :V). Guarding and especially shielding can help. I think I might have neglected to mention that you can dash cancel attacks as well. In any case, given that you aren't the first person to bring up the difficulty, maybe a tutorial or something might help (though that would involve some work to implement).

Tiesu Erioto
Regular

#4 Post by Tiesu Erioto »

Updated control descriptions and added rudimentary tutorial. First save file is set a little before the first fight.

Tiesu Erioto
Regular

#5 Post by Tiesu Erioto »

Added a new chapter.