[Coming on August 28!] Refraction [Sci-fi][Slice of Life][Multiverse]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Piper
Regular
Projects: Refraction

Re: Refraction [Sci-fi][Slice of Life][Multiverse]

#16 Post by Piper »

Hello, everyone. I hope your summer is starting out great. :)

We have about three months left before the release of our first demo for this game, so we'll be working hard to make sure that happens on schedule.

In the meantime, I'd like to share some more art with you, made by the wonderful Sayuui. This is a sprite of one of our romantic interests, Jun, seen here in a rare moment where she's not having fun being angry about pop culture. Let us know what you think of the sprite, or any other questions you might have. Thanks!
Jun content blue eyes left.png

Piper
Regular

#17 Post by Piper »

Hello once again! Progress is still moving along for our game. It's time to show a sprite for our other romantic interest, Paul:
Paul content 2.png
As usual, thanks to Sayuui for her hard work on the sprites. You should check out the rest of her art on her profile page: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=41030&p=502821&hilit=sayuui

Also, we now have a Twitter account! Feel free to follow in order to get the latest news about the development of the game as well as dates for when the demo and the game itself will be released: https://twitter.com/UniverseZero2

As always, feel free to comment and ask questions about the game. We love to hear your thoughts about our concept and our progress!

Piper
Regular

#18 Post by Piper »

Hey, everyone! :) Refraction is coming along quite nicely. A lot of the programming has been done already, so today I'd like to share a short video of the introduction animation for our gaming studio, "Universe Zero." I hope it makes you as excited as I am. ^^

https://youtu.be/kvV6iux90ZY

As usual, feel free to message or comment with any questions or ideas you'd like to share. Thanks for reading!

Piper
Regular

#19 Post by Piper »

Hello all! It's been another week, and our project is moving on swimmingly. ^_^

Today I'd like to introduce you to more of the game's characters! We've already met our two romantic interests, but those aren't the only people involved in this story.

Mitch:
Mitch excited arms 2 left.png
Mitch is a young Latino man who is just beginning his college years in the journalism department. While enthusiastic, he is still timid and easily embarrassed as he tries to find his place among the more senior members of his team. Still, he is very interested in Jackie's project to expose the university president's sexual misconduct, and his excitement lends a great deal of passion to the endeavor.

Gus:
Gus curious left 2.png
Gus is a graduate student at BLU. Having already graduated from the journalism department, he is a laid-back figure who many undergraduates look up to. While he does have convictions, he tends to take a cool and detached view of the things around him. However, this does not mean that he doesn't have standards, and he can be very fiery when he discovers something that he thinks is unethical or immoral.

Let us know if you have any questions or comments about the project. Have a great week!

Oh, and if you're into Twitter, feel free to follow Universe Zero! @UniverseZero2

Piper
Regular

#20 Post by Piper »

Hello everyone! Today I'd like to share something from one of our team members that I haven't been promoting very much, Lukedoc321. He's a phenomenal composer who has been working on making the music for our game. I'd like to share a video of the current main theme he's been working on. It's a simple and beautiful tune that I'm proud to have associated with this project:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCpT8rR ... e=youtu.be

You should definitely check out Luke's other work. He's a valuable resource to have in commission or on your team's project. :)

As always, thanks for reading, and feel free to post questions or comments. Have a good week!

Piper
Regular

#21 Post by Piper »

Hey all! Hope you had a good week. :)

Today we have the art for yet another character in our game. As usual, credit to Sayuui for the beautiful artwork.
rsz_secretary.png
Meet the Secretary. A quiet and professional man, he tends to fade into the background, preferring to act as a listener and a recorder to events rather than participating in them. In fact, his lack of presence makes it very difficult for most people to remember his actual name. This is why most people just refer to him by his role rather than trying to remember what he's called.

During the events of the game, he is the final member of Jackie's reporting group that seeks evidence against the president of their university. True to form, he stays in the background and mostly just records the minutes for the meetings. Occasionally, he's asked to find and provide tools for the team.

Incidentally, he may or may not have an uncanny resemblance to one of the people creating the game....

Thanks as always for reading, and feel free to leave any questions or comments. ^^

Piper
Regular

#22 Post by Piper »

Hey guys! Just coming in with a quick update this week. We're very close to releasing the demo for our game, so I'm very excited to get that out to you. For now, I'd like to share a lovely background image of Jackie's room. This was made by Foxeleos, an incredible artist who's work you should check out. :)

bg bedroom_day.png

Thanks for reading, and have a good week!

Piper
Regular

Re: [Demo Released!] Refraction [Sci-fi][Slice of Life][Multiverse]

#23 Post by Piper »

Our demo has now been released! Check out the first post for more details. :)

Piper
Regular

#24 Post by Piper »

Hey, everyone! I'd like to introduce another one of our characters today.
Evana neutral right 2.png
This is Evana. She is originally from Syria, but is currently in the US as part of her higher education. This is her first semester at Big Lake University, and she currently lives as Jackie's roommate. She's a bit shy, but she has a very kind heart, and her cooking is spectacular, especially to a grad student like Jackie, who is used to going out to eat.

Thanks for reading! Please try out our new demo if you'd like to. ^_^

Piper
Regular

#25 Post by Piper »

Hello again, everyone! ^_^

We've received a lot of feedback for the first demo of our game. There are some things in particular that we've had requests on, most prominently the content of the game that the demo focuses on. With that in mind, we're working on releasing a second demo very soon that will hopefully be more enjoyable. We'll let you in on the details as they come out. :)

In the meantime, here's a CG that will appear in our demo, drawn by our wonderful character artist, Sayuui. Have a good week!
CG2_Jackie_hair_dye.png

Piper
Regular

#26 Post by Piper »

Hey all! We've been working hard, and the second demo for Refraction is almost ready to be released! We'll let you know when it's ready for public view. In the meantime, here's screenshot from the demo to tide you over:
screenshot0003.png
Thanks for reading, and best of luck. :)

Piper
Regular

Re: [NEW Demo Released!] Refraction [Sci-fi][Slice of Life][Multiverse]

#27 Post by Piper »

We've got a brand new demo, and a trailer for the demo, available now in the original post. We hope you enjoy!

Piper
Regular

#28 Post by Piper »

Hey, everyone!

It's been a few weeks since out new demo came out, and progress on the game is continuing forward at a steady pace. If you haven't tried the demo, we'd love for you to check it out and tell us what you think. :)

In the meantime, I wanted to show off one of our main musical themes, courtesy of our composer Luckdoc321. Enjoy!

Piper
Regular

#29 Post by Piper »

Hello everyone! Just wanted to let everyone know that this project isn't dead. In fact, it's very nearly complete! We'll be entering the testing phase soon, so I'll keep you all updated in case anyone is interested.

In the meantime, check out this still of our main menu screen, featuring artwork from Sayuui, minyan, and Foxeleos! Let us know what you think!
screenshot0006.png

Piper
Regular

Re: [Coming on August 28!] Refraction [Sci-fi][Slice of Life][Multiverse]

#30 Post by Piper »

Our game is being released on August 28! The main post has been updated. We hope you check it out! ^_^