[Otome][Drama][Raising sim] Echoes of the Mind

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
kimineechan
Tumblr: kimineechan
Deviantart: kimineechan

[Otome][Drama][Raising sim] Echoes of the Mind

#1 Post by kimineechan »

I have been working on this project alone for a half year, I have something around 80% of the story planned. (plus half of the gameplay is already programmed) Until now I have around 70k written for the first draft (initially I wanted to reach 50k, I don't think I should reach 100k so I'm ready to cut a lot of things.)

The game is a mix of dating sim and raising sim. The objective is to get rid of the depression while you interact with characters and build stats.
This game is going to be 100% free.

(thanks BreakingMachine viewtopic.php?f=62&t=51620&p=494640#p494640_ for reviewing this topic for me)

The Summary

Jude Dakota has always seen things that others can’t see.

She hears and even smells them.

She calls them Auras, which she believes to be the negative state of a person taking a physical form. But her parents and even her doctors don’t believe her. They believe she is just another poor soul diagnosed with mental illness. Being diagnosed with a mental illness she never had, and unable to convince anyone that she never had one. Jude had no choice but to fake her illness and her miraculous cure.

But her lies catch up, and Jude discovers that she had developed depression from years of constantly lying to those around her. Unequipped to handle this on her own, she joins a support group for people with depression. There she meets Ren, Paul, and Ivy. Each week they share stories, and advice to help support each other.

But Jude’s worried. Will she be able to handle her “power” in a place brimming with negative aura?

Will this place help Jude too? Will it help her cope with her depression? Or will she be overwhelmed from the auras of those within her support group, and her own mental health issues?

Characters

Heroine - Jude Dakota
Jude Dakota is a 19 years old girl who sees things she calls Aura. She claims that they are the manifestation of the negative emotions a person has. She can see, hear, and even smell them. After meeting Christopher she joins a support group for depression, hoping to help her cope with depression.

Ren
Ren is a 22 years old Japanese man, who’s suffered from depression since a very young age. Having had depression for so long, he’s a bit of veteran and has had attended meetings for years. Known to be very blunt and impulsive, people in the group are fond of him despite it.

Ivy
Ivy is a 26 years old banker. Like Jude, she’s recently started attending the meetings, only a week ago. Ivy is a beautiful girl, and her long and blonde hair calls attention to her whatever she goes. But this doesn’t change that she’s very unsure of herself. She is the first friend Jude makes in the support group. Ivy is very ladylike, but at times she can be tough to those around her.

Paul
Paul is a 24 years old Brazilian waiter, who always seems to be brimming with energy. Despite his reluctance to date, he’s constantly seen with different girls all the time. It seems like he’s quite popular with the ladies for his exotic appearance. He acts like an older brother to Ren and is constantly dragging him outside his home to get some fresh air and meet other people.

Sohrab
Sohrab is an office worker who Jude encounters when she collapses on the street. After helping her out, the two exchanged numbers and started to call each other often. He is a very polite person and seems genuinely worried about her. Jude offers to help him change his eating habits, and they start to meet often, quickly developing a friendship.

Christopher
Christopher Is a 44 old years therapist, and the leader of Jude’s support group. He meets Jude when he notices her staring at the door of the meeting place of the support group one day during his lunch break. He invites her to join and is very happy to welcome her on the next week. He is a fatherly figure and very caring. He seems to have a special fondness for Ren.

Graphics
GUI

BGS
BGS: 6/15

Sprites
Sprites: 4/10
CGS: ??

I'm hoping to release the game through 2019. What I'm most worried for now is the plot, if you are interested in helping I'm also accepting volunteers since I'm working on it alone. Since I'm not a native English, I need the help of an Editor or Writer and a Beta reader.

I started a twitter and a tumblr, it's fresh so it doesn't have content besides the summary, but I pretend to update weekly. If you are interested please enter in contact through any of them or PM.
https://echoes-mind.tumblr.com/
https://twitter.com/echoes_mind
So I have some questions for ya guys!

So do you know someone who has passed through depression? Do you know somebody who "recovered" from it?
What do think about linking this condition with something supernatural?
What do you expect from each character?

kimineechan
Tumblr: kimineechan
Deviantart: kimineechan

Re: [Otome][Drama][Raising sim] Echoes of the Mind

#2 Post by kimineechan »

new bg

https://twitter.com/echoes_mind/status/ ... 5475439617

Progress: intro 90% (alredy edited, and proof-read, still missing the sprites)

Working on: Sprite of the character Christopher