The Bunny Hill Horror [online][free][bizarro horror][13+,18+versions]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
KrunchyFriedGames
Regular
Completed: Witches and Bandits and Swords (Oh My), The Bunny Hill Horror
Projects: The Bunny Hill Horror : Bunny Boiler
Organization: Krunchy Fried Games
Deviantart: redruM-110
itch: krunchyfriedgames

The Bunny Hill Horror [online][free][bizarro horror][13+,18+versions]

#1 Post by KrunchyFriedGames »

Updated 8th September (last update was January) with release date gif and oodles and oodles of progress. The game is so close, I can practically taste it!

"You have a problem: you're out of work, and the government is threatening to cut off your benefits. Don't worry- Oswald Mandias will help you. He'll help everybody. Once his dreams of resurrecting an ancient kingdom are realised, nobody will be spared his benevolence.

In this free, adventure-choosing graphic novel game, you must outwit drugged-up zombies, genetically modified monstrosities, seductive sisters and one very sadistic secretary, in order to prevent a dark and terrifying future for mankind. Oh, and get to the pub quiz in time because your mate Dave won't stop nagging you about it."

From the creators of Witches and Bandits and Swords (Oh My)

Please note, I’m the writer/ creative guy, so these features below will be from a design rather than a technical viewpoint, as Coder Mike sorts that out. A lot of the desired features are based on improvements from our first game. Please follow us if this sounds like your cup of tea. The best way to tell if you’ll like it is to give our first game a run out, or watch a streamer play it if you're really lazy...

Features

-NSFW and SFW versions
-Browser and Download Version (Witches... just had a small, windowed mode which made it difficult to stream amongst other things)
-Better menu/ item system. More dynamic
-Game now written specifically as a video game, not just an adapted ebook.
-Game to be in 2 parts. This is essentially a way of breaking the game down into chunks to stop me getting overwhelmed.
-Some kind of save system. Mike and I aren’t big fans of putting save points everywhere, but a lot of player comments on Kongregate requested this, so we might have to give in.

Completed/ Ongoing/ To Do

Plotting, puzzles and locations- 100% complete
Very schlocky poster(!)- 100% complete
Blurb- 100% complete
Write Story- 100% complete
Finding/ begging permission/ taking photos for cool images to use- 90% complete
Finding/ begging permission/ taking recordings for cool music/ ambience/ sound effects to use- 50% complete
Graphics editing with Gimp- 80%
Sound editing with Audacity- to do
Opening menu- 50%
Proofreading/ bug testing- To do
Come up with some kind of publicity plan to get people actually playing it- ongoing
Probably several dozen other things that will only spring to mind in the future. I’ll try to record them on here as I think of them.

If this looks like your cup of tea, please follow us on itch (or here) for updates. We're also here on Twitter for more progress reports :)
Krunchy Fried Games
Itch Homepage
Twitter

KrunchyFriedGames
Regular
Completed: Witches and Bandits and Swords (Oh My), The Bunny Hill Horror
Projects: The Bunny Hill Horror : Bunny Boiler
Organization: Krunchy Fried Games
Deviantart: redruM-110
itch: krunchyfriedgames

Re: The Bunny Hill Horror [online][free][bizarro horror][13+,18+versions]

#2 Post by KrunchyFriedGames »