Café Rouge 2020 [FULL GAME RELEASED] [Otome, GxB]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Sonya
Veteran
Completed: Café Rouge, Skights, High School Otome
Deviantart: winechan

Re: Café Rouge 2020 [DEMO RELEASED] [Kickstarter coming Halloween 2019] [Otome, GxB]

#46 Post by Sonya »

Sonya
Veteran

Re: [KICKSTARTER LIVE] [DEMO RELEASED] [Otome, GxB] Café Rouge 2020

#47 Post by Sonya »

Sonya
Veteran

#48 Post by Sonya »

Our kickstarter is almost 50% funded on first day, thank you everyone for the support!

Sonya
Veteran

#49 Post by Sonya »

Our Kickstarter has been successfully funded in 5 days!!

We are now onto the stretch goals, here is the next stretch goal, UNLOCK CHRIS AS A ROMANCE-ABLE ROUTE

Once we hit $3000, he is UNLOCKED!!

Please keep spreading the word about this otome game, also the reward tiers have lowered prices for the top tiers (Custom NPC is now $250, and Custom Side Story is now $450) hurry and get them before they're gone these are LIMITED!

Also, we have added one new reward....

PHYSICAL ART BOOK!!!

Here's our official update post in the kickstarter campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cl ... ts/2674976

I will be eternally grateful for your support. Please help by sharing this with your friends and family!!! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cl ... sual-novel

Sonya
Veteran

#50 Post by Sonya »

We have reached our $4000 stretch goal and our kickstarter is now 200% funded, thank you to everybody for the support it means everything to us that we can bring this game to life!

Sonya
Veteran

#51 Post by Sonya »

Hello, we have reached our $5000 stretch goal, and the chibi art is complete for the backers who wanted the limited edition key chain acrylic charms:

Sonya
Veteran

#52 Post by Sonya »

We are now less than $274 away from reaching our next stretch goal of $6000 and unlocking Adeline's route. Please keep spreading the word about this visual novel, words cannot express how excited we are that we will unlock our first female romance route!!!

Sonya
Veteran

#53 Post by Sonya »

Guys, I am FLOORED. We now have a waifu route unlocked, our first female romance-able route. This is for you yuri fans, we have our first WAIFU, ADELINE THE SCOTTISH WAITRESS.

Next up, waifu #2, Diane the cool and calm waitress:

Sonya
Veteran

#54 Post by Sonya »

Great news, if we reach all of our stretch goals of $15,000, then we can start releasing the beta of Café Rouge on 4/27/2020. If not, we will have to wait 6-12 months and delay the release of this otome game to almost 1 year. Here are the rest of the locked stretch goals:

Sonya
Veteran

Re: Café Rouge 2020 [DEMO RELEASED] [Otome, GxB]

#55 Post by Sonya »

Heya guys, didn't post on here for a while, our kickstarter got almost 6 times funded, or 571% funded. It was around 6 times the goal we initially aimed for.

Anyway, I finished in game purchases on CloudNovel, so I'm taking a real break now from working on the engine, to focus on developing this otome game. How it works will be this:

Main 3 guys routes will be free (Valen, Ron, and Antoine) and all other stretch goals character routes will require an in game purchase to unlock. If you don't feel like spending in game purchases, wait till we release the offline downloadable version of the game which costs $20. The offline version will have all the online game content already unlocked so you won't have to spend any points.

Saving the game will also cost 100 points each time you save, however you will be able to binge play the entire 8 hours game for free as long as you don't save. The main 3 guys routes will be available for free, and there will be lots of exciting feels and thick plot to sink your teeth into.

We didn't make it past $12,000 stretch goal so we pushed the release date to June/July 2020. So stay tuned for Cafe Rouge to be release on cloudnovel at this link(right now this is only a demo): https://cloudnovel.net/Sonya/novel/cafe-rouge

That's all I have for updates on this game, thanks for reading, and here is our successful kickstarter landing page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cl ... sual-novel

spidey94

#56 Post by spidey94 »

I like your characters design, but the background, like you said, didnt match up with character, if you need bg artist, please consider me, here sone of my works https://www.deviantart.com/shikihayate

Sonya
Veteran

#57 Post by Sonya »

Hey guys long time no see, we are set to release this game late June or early July, so here are some more screenshots from the game:

We hope you like the art, our very talented team of artists have worked for Otomate and Rejet (creator of Diabolik lovers).

To follow more updates and news of this game, please follow my twitter: https://twitter.com/MissFung

Or follow the CloudNovel thread directly on our forum: https://cloudnovel.net/forum/discuss-yo ... cafe-rouge

I also updated some progress of the game like GUI work in progress statistics. More than half of the GUI is done, hooray~!

Sonya
Veteran

#58 Post by Sonya »

New downloadable demo released: https://cloudnovel.itch.io/cafe-rouge

More art work in progress:

Sonya
Veteran

#59 Post by Sonya »

Final opening trailer has been made for the online browser 2020 release, check it out:

Offline downloadable full game will be released only on Steam in Spring 2021 for $20.

Screenshots of Café Rouge in Steam library (only the demo will be available on Steam until release of full game in 2021, to play the full game before Steam release, play here on CloudNovel):

Last edited by Sonya on Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sonya
Veteran

Re: Café Rouge 2019: Second Reproduction [Otome, GxB][Free w/In-Game Purchases]

#60 Post by Sonya »

Sonya wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:54 pm Image

I've typed in half of chapter 1 into CloudNovel, here is the story map/tree branch of the story so far, as you can see it covers Ron's and Valen's introductions. I will work on Antoine's introduction and finish chapter 1 tomorrow.

In total I counted 309 pages of cafe rouge, and today I finished 7 pages. So it'll take me 44 days to put in all the writing into CloudNovel with my writing revisions. That's okay, the artist says that they can't finish all the art without at least 7 months time, so we have to wait till fall or winter 2019 for Cafe Rouge to be released anyway. Aaaaaah this project is going to take a long time to finish T_T

That's all I have for this update!
Just a recap, this is the final scenes map of the finished game:

Can you believe this took 1.5 years to make this game? Wow, we came so far.... we're almost done. Just wait 2.5 more months. :mrgreen: