Re:Chasing [Romance / Fantasy] [GxB]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
XxrenxX
Veteran
Projects: Chasing
Deviantart: bara-ettie

Re:Chasing [Romance / Fantasy] [GxB]

#1 Post by XxrenxX »

\\Currently looking to hire for an official logo.\\

Due to C-19, work has been pushed back. We will look to hire staff once things ease up in the new year (hopefully). Until then we are still writing and coding. Will keep this page updated the best we can.

Introduction:
Hello! This is technically my first project, but the original story and works I've made for it are from 2012. Having to put the project on hold for years was unfortunate but now it's time to start it up again. All the assets, from CG, Sprites and the GUI are being remade. This also means all the previous code needs to be changed and updated for the current version of Renpy.

Story: How does one write these things and make them sound interesting?
Sandra is a normal college student in a small and quiet town. Unfortunately for her when she starts having strange dreams she just happens to meet someone who was sent to find her by her brother she had lost contact with years prior. After a bit of turmoil on what to do she decided to head back to the city to find her brother. Along the way though she realizes there was more to these encounters than both parties original though possible.
___________________________________________________________________________________

Statistics: I will keep this as accurate as I can.
Story: 90%
Script: 40%
Demo Script: 100% [Editing: 40%]
Editing: 10%
Character Sprites: 0% [Redoing]
CG: 0% [Redoing]
GUI: 95%
Endings: 1 True / 3 Good / 5 Normal / 11 Bad [1 Character doesn't have a Good End, only Normal.]
Currently Working On: Demo
Commercial: Yes

We will be hiring for some of the elements, such as voice actors, music and a second artist for backgrounds. As such these fields have been left out until that process starts.

Themes/Genres: Fantasy, Romance, Dark , Drama
Rating: 16+ [Contains blood, foul language and suggestive themes]
Release Date: 2023 [Will keep updated]

Demo Rating: All Ages
Demo Date: Early 2022

Demo Stats as of: July 14, 2021

Code: Select all

The game contains 1,864 dialogue blocks, containing 20,853 words and 107,464
characters, for an average of 11.2 words and 58 characters per block.

The game contains 6 menus, 56 images, and 34 screens.
2012 Demo Stats Just for comparison.

Code: Select all

The game contains 473 dialogue blocks, containing 4,411 words and 22,720
characters, for an average of 9.3 words and 48 characters per block.
The game contains 2 menus, 81 images, and 17 screens.

___________________________________________________________________________________
Recent Updates
July 22, 2020:
  • Scenes (non-optional) added to try and get player familiar with each character before the branch off. Affection given during the scenes.
January 27, 2020:
  • Side events changed from persistent (see scene 1 to see scene 2) to affection ratings.
    In-Game Sprites started.
November 20, 2019:
  • Explore options added. Little side events to get bonus affection towards characters.
November 13, 2019:
  • "hidden" scenes added to prologue. Ex: Make choice A earlier, this extra scene happens. Chose B and it doesn't.
    Evening out romance points and events before branch off.
Game System or Schematics
Point Strings:
Example:
  • Player chooses "Option A" in the first choice, and then "Option B" in the second. Corruption or Affection Points are added.
    But the player chooses "Option B" both times and no points are rewarded as the string was broken.
The same strings will give and take points depending on the choices and string a player follows. No string will be longer than 3 choices.

Game Tips:
Tips will be implemented into the stats screen [accessible from in-game only] that will change depending on the players progress, corruption, or route.

Alternate Scenes:
Alternate or extended scenes added in based on choices throughout the game or affection levels.
Example A:
  • Player chose "Option A" earlier in the game. a short set of dialogue is later added to the related characters scene.
    If the player chose "Option B" instead, they will not get that extra dialogue when they get to related characters scene.
Example B:
  • Player has 30 affection with a character. Extra dialogue is added to that characters scene.
    If the player does not have the required affection, they will not get the extra dialogue.
True End Unlock:
Once characters have completed an ending for each character, the True Route unlocks.
With it additional dialogue, scenes and choices from the start of game to the branch split are added.

Unlocking of this route based on the information gathered by the MC [or player] of the character in question.
Characters:
Preview of Side characters will be added once sprites are done.
Last edited by XxrenxX on Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:58 am, edited 44 times in total.

XxrenxX
Veteran

Re: Re:Chasing [Romance / Fantasy] [GxB]

#2 Post by XxrenxX »

GUI & The Interface
The heroine is in college for Journalism. I wanted to use this fact in my menu's and such so the idea was to make it look like an office, hence jumping between papers to computers.Will edit a few of the previous menu's to fit the style more but it wont change too much from what is above.
The team is currently consisting of two people. I am in charge of pretty much everything. My helper is editing the script and checking for bugs and broken code.
If you are interested in helping, message me directly.

Are the assets used going to be commissions/ custom made, or will creative common's be used?
Due to us planning to release the game for sale, we are commissioning and creating all the assets ourselves.
Previews will be available once commission starts.

Will the game be partially or fully voiced?
The game will be fully voiced. Examples of voices will be posted once we start looking for voice actors.

Where is the best place to wait for updates?
My DeviantArt is probably the easiest. I can post both art and journals about the progress of the game, but expect to see things that aren't just this project.
I will do my best to keep this page updated but anything new will probably be posted to DA first, and then here.

You don't have a lot of sprite or preview art of the characters here, why not?
As the main creator of everything, I have to divvy my time up between tasks. A lot of my time right now is getting the written portion complete so my editor can go over it when I move onto the visual assets.

Will you be launching a kickstarter once the demo is complete? If so what bonus content would be included
The plan is to launch one but it probably wont happen until the script is nearly done. We want the demo to be voiced, even if not all the assets for the rest of the game are done.
We aren't sure what rewards would be included at this time but if we launch we will ask for public imput.

Attachments
Phone Sub Menu [In-Game Use Only]
Phone Sub Menu [In-Game Use Only]
Last edited by XxrenxX on Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.

RocketAdriftGames
Completed: Order a Pizza: A Visual Novel, Raptor Boyfriend: A High School Romance
Projects: Raptor Boyfriend: A High School Romance
Organization: Rocket Adrift
itch: rocketadrift

#3 Post by RocketAdriftGames »

Like the art style and GUI! Everything's looking good so far :)

Is the 2022 release date for the completed game or the demo?

XxrenxX
Veteran

#4 Post by XxrenxX »

RocketAdriftGames wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:11 pm Like the art style and GUI! Everything's looking good so far :)

Is the 2022 release date for the completed game or the demo?
Full release. Aiming to have demo out this year

XxrenxX
Veteran

#5 Post by XxrenxX »

Commenting because stats and new character previews posted. Did a quick sketch of Sandra to use and Diarmuid's full body is complete. Working on Liam [final romance interest] next.