Welcome to The Clearing [GxB] [Mystery/Drama/Romance] [FREE] [Looking for partners]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
OwO

Welcome to The Clearing [GxB] [Mystery/Drama/Romance] [FREE] [Looking for partners]

#1 Post by OwO »

bye
Last edited by OwO on Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:16 am, edited 10 times in total.

quillyquillquill
Regular
Projects: A Summer with the Shiba Inu
Organization: Quill Studios
itch: quill-studios

Re: Welcome to The Clearing [GxB] [Mystery/Drama/Romance] [FREE] [Looking for partners]

#2 Post by quillyquillquill »

I'm beyond excited for this! The artwork is fantastic and the premise is very intriguing. What is great about this post is that some of the "reason for enrollment" are ??? so that makes me even more curious! I don't read too much that focuses heavily on romance, whether it is GxB or not (but don't dislike it, it just depends on my mood), but this one really has me looking forward to it! The setting is very appealing and it seems that there is going to be a lot of character background, learning what they did prior to being enrolled and why, mystery and personal motives!

pumpkin spike
Regular
Projects: A Bureau of Monsters
itch: pumpkin-spike

Re: Welcome to The Clearing [GxB] [Mystery/Drama/Romance] [FREE] [Looking for partners]

#3 Post by pumpkin spike »

After reading the premise of the story, would you find this visual novel interesting? I certainly do! The characters all seem very intriguing and I'm looking forward to an MC who stands up for herself.

Do you think we would be able to fund the game on kickstarter with a reasonably high goal despite it being free? Quite possibly, this will depend heavily on how well you market.

Would you play this game despite not being a GxB fan? ...doesn't apply, I am a fan of GxB games ovo;;

Despite barely knowing anything about the characters, do they seem interesting? Does it leave you wanting to know more? Certainly, although I am more interested in the characters where some info is given especially Damon for setting houses on fire |D I will admit I'm less fond of the "dangerous serial killer" and "crazy" descriptions simply cause it feels a bit cliched to me.
WIP AllxAll game with turn based fighting (Demo 2.0 out!)

WIP Yaoi game Demo 1.0 out! (haitus)

OwO

#4 Post by OwO »

quillyquillquill wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:20 pm I'm beyond excited for this! The artwork is fantastic and the premise is very intriguing. What is great about this post is that some of the "reason for enrollment" are ??? so that makes me even more curious! I don't read too much that focuses heavily on romance, whether it is GxB or not (but don't dislike it, it just depends on my mood), but this one really has me looking forward to it! The setting is very appealing and it seems that there is going to be a lot of character background, learning what they did prior to being enrolled and why, mystery and personal motives!
Thank you for checking out our post! I'm glad that you're excited for our game. Though this is a romance game, we really want to focus more about building the characters and how each individual has struggled with mental health issues, and how society has rejected them. I hope you have fun playing this game when it comes out!
pumpkin spike wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:08 pm After reading the premise of the story, would you find this visual novel interesting? I certainly do! The characters all seem very intriguing and I'm looking forward to an MC who stands up for herself.

Do you think we would be able to fund the game on kickstarter with a reasonably high goal despite it being free? Quite possibly, this will depend heavily on how well you market.

Would you play this game despite not being a GxB fan? ...doesn't apply, I am a fan of GxB games ovo;;

Despite barely knowing anything about the characters, do they seem interesting? Does it leave you wanting to know more? Certainly, although I am more interested in the characters where some info is given especially Damon for setting houses on fire |D I will admit I'm less fond of the "dangerous serial killer" and "crazy" descriptions simply cause it feels a bit cliched to me.
Thanks for answering our questions so clearly. Though most otome games focus a lot on love interests, we also want the players to connect with the MC as she grows from her experiences into a more mature, understanding individual.

If you have any marketing tips, they would be much appreciated! We do have a twitter, but we are hoping to expand to different platforms such as reddit, tumblr, facebook, etc.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#5 Post by Zelan »

After reading the premise of the story, would you find this visual novel interesting?: Definitely! I think as long as you handle the topic of mental illness in society well (which it looks like you're prepared to do), I think this Vn has a good chance of being a really genuine look at the issue of mental health and the stigma around it.

Do you think we would be able to fund the game on kickstarter with a reasonably high goal despite it being free?: Probably, although I think it probably depends on exactly how much you're looking for.

Would you play this game despite not being a GxB fan?: I've been leaning more towards GxG these days, but I'll play anything that looks good, and this is one of them!

Despite barely knowing anything about the characters, do they seem interesting? Does it leave you wanting to know more?: I was really really pleasantly surprised to see that one of your characters is a trans girl!! Eidyn is super cute and I'm particularly interested in learning about her. (You've probably thought about this already, but just in case you haven't, I would recommend having a trans person - or people - have a look at her story to make sure she is portrayed respectfully. I believe that your team has good intentions with her though and I'm sure her story will turn out wonderfully!)

I like the other characters too, haha, I was just especially excited by Eidyn.

After reading this post, do you have any questions for us?!: No questions, but I'd like to wish you good luck in completing this! This game has so much potential and I'm really excited to see more of it!

OwO

#6 Post by OwO »

Zelan wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:12 pm After reading the premise of the story, would you find this visual novel interesting?: Definitely! I think as long as you handle the topic of mental illness in society well (which it looks like you're prepared to do), I think this Vn has a good chance of being a really genuine look at the issue of mental health and the stigma around it.

Do you think we would be able to fund the game on kickstarter with a reasonably high goal despite it being free?: Probably, although I think it probably depends on exactly how much you're looking for.

Would you play this game despite not being a GxB fan?: I've been leaning more towards GxG these days, but I'll play anything that looks good, and this is one of them!

Despite barely knowing anything about the characters, do they seem interesting? Does it leave you wanting to know more?: I was really really pleasantly surprised to see that one of your characters is a trans girl!! Eidyn is super cute and I'm particularly interested in learning about her. (You've probably thought about this already, but just in case you haven't, I would recommend having a trans person - or people - have a look at her story to make sure she is portrayed respectfully. I believe that your team has good intentions with her though and I'm sure her story will turn out wonderfully!)

I like the other characters too, haha, I was just especially excited by Eidyn.

After reading this post, do you have any questions for us?!: No questions, but I'd like to wish you good luck in completing this! This game has so much potential and I'm really excited to see more of it!
Thanks for your input <3 We are really hoping that we can use this platform for players to really get into thinking about the topic of mental illness and society, and we are doing lots of research to make it as realistic as possible.

In your opinion, what do you think would be a reasonable goal for the Kickstarter?

We do have a transgender individual in our discord server and I personally (Khloris) have been asking her for her opinion and trying to learn from her own story, so we really hope that we'll be able to portray Eidyn well and respectfully. There are a lot of other sensitive material that we are touching on, so we are trying our best to demonstrate everything accurately!

I'm glad you're excited for our game! Hope you continue to stay tuned~

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Zelan »

OwO wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:33 pmIn your opinion, what do you think would be a reasonable goal for the Kickstarter?
Honestly, it's really hard to say without knowing exactly how much is planned for the project. I've seen similar projects on Kickstarter with goals between 5k-10k USD, so that would be my initial estimate, but I have no idea what your planned word count is, or the amounts and prices of art assets that you'll need. Also, I see that you are planning to have an original soundtrack and voice acting - both of those can potentially be expensive, especially voice acting, which a lot of campaigns have as part of the stretch goals instead of the initial goals.

The best thing to do is to estimate how much you need, then figure out how much of that amount you need from the Kickstarter, and add a bit of extra to account for Kickstarter fees. If you're having trouble doing that yourself, there are some people who will run/help run Kickstarters for their clients.

Sorry I couldn't give a more specific amount!

elance

#8 Post by elance »

This visual novel would have me so addicted. This premise is ALREADY better than a lot of visual novels I've seen (granted I dont consider myself an expert by any stretch of the definition). It had me smiling so much that my cheeks hurt.
And the fact that there is depth to the characters is just awesome. I'd pay money for it.
(if it matters,I'm a voice actor who would be really interested in working with you)
I am also not an expert with Kickstartr, but I think it would be easy to tell that you have a quality idea that people WANT. Depending on how long you want this visual novel, the amount you could ask for would vary. If you come forward with proof of concept (Like a lot of follows or whatever on whatever social media) you could get more. I think you could get enough support if you were to put this in twitter and ask for support. The community is really awesome.

(these guys are so pretty, I'm having heart palpitations)
Last edited by elance on Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elance

#9 Post by elance »

Tfw you accidentally post twice and can't delete the last one. sorry... *sob*

OwO

#10 Post by OwO »

elance wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:45 am This visual novel would have me so addicted. This premise is ALREADY better than a lot of visual novels I've seen (granted I dont consider myself an expert by any stretch of the definition). It had me smiling so much that my cheeks hurt.
And the fact that there is depth to the characters is just awesome. I'd pay money for it.
(if it matters,I'm a voice actor who would be really interested in working with you)
I am also not an expert with Kickstartr, but I think it would be easy to tell that you have a quality idea that people WANT. Depending on how long you want this visual novel, the amount you could ask for would vary. If you come forward with proof of concept (Like a lot of follows or whatever on whatever social media) you could get more. I think you could get enough support if you were to put this in twitter and ask for support. The community is really awesome.

(these guys are so pretty, I'm having heart palpitations)
Thank you for being interested in our game! I'm glad you're excited for it.

We will be releasing more voice acting casting calls at a later date, so please stay tuned! We have linked this post on our twitter (casting call links will probably be on that too), and we are hoping to finish up our PV before releasing a kickstarter.

OwO

#11 Post by OwO »

Other than that we've finished 50/50 of our sprite poses and are working on expressions for them! After that we basically only need some backgrounds and more CGs to put together a demo and that should be a piece of cake. :D
Last edited by OwO on Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

OwO

#12 Post by OwO »

We have a face for our Main Character, Ellie!

We are considering having her voiced, so we'd like to ask what people think about voiced main characters for romance games?

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#13 Post by Zelan »

Personally, I like for every character to be voiced if there's voice acting. A lot of VNs won't give the main character a voice, and I know some people do prefer it that way, but I've never really been able to get behind that.

Iovita
Projects: Full Hearts, Ambassador of Sieubia, Stars Dawn
Github: WaifuForHire
Soundcloud: mbsiovita

#14 Post by Iovita »

Hi, I'm interested in writing music! I''m currently working on two other projects: Full Hearts (http://woodmusicbox.tumblr.com/) and Ambassador of Sieubia (viewtopic.php?t=43103). A few of my songs are uploaded on my soundcloud (https://soundcloud.com/mbsiovita). I have more that are unreleased I can directly send to you if you'd like.
Thanks for your consideration!

OwO

#15 Post by OwO »

We're more than halfway done with all the expressions! Already over 1000 combinations!

After that we should be ready to start putting together a demo!