Welcome to The Clearing [GxB] [Mystery/Drama/Romance] [FREE] [Looking for partners]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Letitia_L
Regular
Projects: Up until the end
IRC Nick: Letitia
Tumblr: letigame
Deviantart: LetitiaLambrechts
itch: https://letigame.itc

Re: Welcome to The Clearing [GxB] [Mystery/Drama/Romance] [FREE] [Looking for partners]

#16 Post by Letitia_L »

Hi!

After reading the premise of the story, would you find this visual novel interesting?

Totally! I'm intrigued by how the story will go and where all of this will go :) This kind of subject is not very often talked about in visual novel, and it's rare to have a protag with this kind of background and personality.

Do you think we would be able to fund the game on kickstarter with a reasonably high goal despite it being free?
For this question, I'm sorry I don't really know :s I don't have the experience to answer you. On my side, I'm creating a visual novel that will be free, but I didn't do a kickstarter so I just hope that if you do it, it will be successful.

Would you play this game despite not being a GxB fan?
I'm a fan of GxB fan, so it wouldn't be very objective to answer that question :p

Despite barely knowing anything about the characters, do they seem interesting? Does it leave you wanting to know more?
Yep! I have to say that I'd like to know a little more, but that makes them a more mysterious >< So yep totally I want to know more!

After reading this post, do you have any questions for us?!
No really, just can't wait to see the trailer and to have a demo :D Keep up the good work!
WIP project
Completed project

OwO

Re: Welcome to The Clearing [GxB] [Mystery/Drama/Romance] [FREE] [Looking for partners]

#17 Post by OwO »

Letitia_L wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:20 am Hi!

After reading the premise of the story, would you find this visual novel interesting?

Totally! I'm intrigued by how the story will go and where all of this will go :) This kind of subject is not very often talked about in visual novel, and it's rare to have a protag with this kind of background and personality.

Do you think we would be able to fund the game on kickstarter with a reasonably high goal despite it being free?
For this question, I'm sorry I don't really know :s I don't have the experience to answer you. On my side, I'm creating a visual novel that will be free, but I didn't do a kickstarter so I just hope that if you do it, it will be successful.

Would you play this game despite not being a GxB fan?
I'm a fan of GxB fan, so it wouldn't be very objective to answer that question :p

Despite barely knowing anything about the characters, do they seem interesting? Does it leave you wanting to know more?
Yep! I have to say that I'd like to know a little more, but that makes them a more mysterious >< So yep totally I want to know more!

After reading this post, do you have any questions for us?!
No really, just can't wait to see the trailer and to have a demo :D Keep up the good work!
Thank you for taking the time to answer! We will do our best!!! OwO

sonnenblumen
Regular
Projects: Project: Perfectly Normal

#18 Post by sonnenblumen »

After reading the premise of the story, would you find this visual novel interesting? Definitely! I think some of the themes you're dealing with are difficult to pull of, but it'll be interesting for sure.

Do you think we would be able to fund the game on kickstarter with a reasonably high goal despite it being free? It's probably going to be a challenge, but I don't think anything's impossible and this does look like the type of game that would gather a lot of attention at Kickstarter. I think as long as you're clever with your rewards (even if you can't offer the actual game, can you perhaps offer extra in-game content exclusively for backers? or digital/physical merch of some sorts?) then you should be fine. I'll gladly support this project anyway, since english otome games with darker themes are kind of rare and I'd love to see more.

Would you play this game despite not being a GxB fan? I am a GxB fan, so I'll skip this question lol.

Despite barely knowing anything about the characters, do they seem interesting? Does it leave you wanting to know more? YES! The sprites are very animated/lively, so I feel it tells us a lot about the characters. Based on first impressions/appearances, I really like Leyton and Skylar (the pink hair is gorgeous 8) )!

OwO

#19 Post by OwO »

FAQ added to the main (first) post!
If you have any questions, feel free to ask and we will add them!