Reanimation Scheme [GxB | GxG] [Otome | Fantasy | Mystery] - KICKSTARTER

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo.
Message
Author
User avatar
Windchimes
Veteran
Posts: 283
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:02 am
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNoRenO '16), Red String of Fate, AIRIS
Projects: Lads in Distress (Expansion), Reanimation Scheme
Organization: Wind Chimes Games
Contact:

Reanimation Scheme [GxB | GxG] [Otome | Fantasy | Mystery] - KICKSTARTER

#1 Post by Windchimes » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:53 am




Now LIVE on Kickstarter! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wi ... sual-novel

Please consider supporting the campaign and spreading the word!

And follow the development on social media!
Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Discord

About
Reanimation Scheme is a romance visual novel with necromancy, love, life and death as its central themes, woven together in a carefully crafted tale about discovering long-buried secrets — and yourself.

Step into the shoes of the necromancer, Raenelle, whose wish for a break from work was granted in the most unexpected way possible — the sudden disappearance of the spirits of the deceased. Meet a colorful cast of characters, (fail to) summon the spirits of the dead, unravel mysteries, and maybe — just maybe — fall in love.

Ready to call upon spirits from beyond, fend off the catty remarks from a talking familiar, and accidentally stumble across secrets you’d rather not know? Download the demo of this otome visual novel from Itch.io by clicking the button below!

Image

Story

Content warning: This game may include content or themes that may not be suitable for all ages, such as mild swearing, death, alcohol, blood and violence. Player discretion is advised.


As a necromancer, Raenelle Talisko is tasked with the job of reanimating the corpses of the recently deceased to help them fulfill their last wishes. Between the never-ending workload and the myriad of angry or distraught spirits she has to deal with, Raenelle longs for a vacation — and more importantly, a promotion to a different position.

As though the Twelve Deities have heard Raenelle’s prayers, all the spirits somehow vanish overnight, giving her the break she’s been asking for. That is until Raenelle is summoned to the Headquarters of the Imperial Necromancy Authority along with all death mages, tasked with resolving this crisis that has thrown the kingdom into panic.

Unfortunately, there is no time for Raenelle to rest — not when she finds herself becoming increasingly entangled in the mystery of the missing spirits, discovering much more than she asked for.

Image

Characters

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Features
  • Pursue and fall in love with 3 interesting characters, each with their unique route
  • Experience a branching narrative that totals at an estimate of 300,000 words
  • Discover your fate among the 12 possible endings
  • Escape to a rich fantasy world full of magic — and secrets — illustrated by 25 detailed backgrounds
  • Meet over 15 supporting characters who will play a role in your journey, each with their own sprite
  • Enjoy key romantic moments with around 15 beautifully drawn CGs
  • Hear the cast of 6 main characters come to life, partially voiced by a team of talented voice actors
  • Immerse yourself in the atmosphere, enhanced by an original soundtrack of over 15 background music tracks

Credits

Developer & Publisher: Wind Chimes Games Ltd
Writer & Programmer: Windchimes

Character Artist: Crystal Quach
CG Artists: Crystal Quach, novclow
Background Artist: Vui Huynh
GUI Artist: Rimii
Video Editor, Logo & Promotional Graphics Artist: Rito
Editor: Lidia Coe
PR: Camy, MikomiKisomi
Composer: Alcaknight
Vocalists: Resting Tofu, James Zhang, JoyDreamer, TBA
Lyricists: Rito, James Zhang, JoyDreamer, TBA
Casting: Yin Yang Voices
Casting & Voice Director: John Wesley Go
Raenelle’s VA: Krystal LaPorte
Aldrias’ VA: Sean Paulsen
Kierdan’s VA: Alex Jenks
Lyrissa’s VA: Melody Muze
Sebastien’s VA: Brendan Blaber
Jori’s VA: Ben Balmaceda

Feedback

1. What do you think about the story premise? Are you interested so far?
2. Which one of the characters, if any, do you like most?
3. Since we will be doing a Kickstarter campaign for this game at some point, what are some Kickstarter rewards you would be interested in seeing?
4. Do you have any comments or questions?
Last edited by Windchimes on Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:41 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Image Image

User avatar
Windchimes
Veteran
Posts: 283
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:02 am
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNoRenO '16), Red String of Fate, AIRIS
Projects: Lads in Distress (Expansion), Reanimation Scheme
Organization: Wind Chimes Games
Contact:

Re: Reanimation Scheme [GxB | GxG] [Otome | Fantasy | Mystery | Comedy]

#2 Post by Windchimes » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:53 am

Updates
  • 18 Feb: Revealed character profile for Sebastien, Raenelle's cat familiar
  • 25 Feb: Background previews
Last edited by Windchimes on Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

User avatar
papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Posts: 4036
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:37 am
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: that magical diary sequel, that vampire-raising game
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames
Contact:

Re: Reanimation Scheme [GxB | GxG] [Otome | Fantasy | Mystery | Comedy]

#3 Post by papillon » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:23 am

I've seen this on Tumblr - I tend not to dig too deep into WIPs because I hate getting attached to things that may be a long time coming and I don't want to spoil too much, but I'm certainly interested in it happening :)

User avatar
parttimestorier
Veteran
Posts: 288
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:29 pm
Completed: No Other Medicine, Well Met By Moonlight, RE:BURN
Projects: DemiDato, The Light at the End of the Ocean
itch: janetitor
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Reanimation Scheme [GxB | GxG] [Otome | Fantasy | Mystery | Comedy]

#4 Post by parttimestorier » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:20 am

This sounds like a really fun concept! I'm not even sure which of the characters I would say I like most so far. They all sound really interesting, and their personalities sound so different that I bet there will be a lot of funny scenes of them getting annoyed with each other. I might say Aldrias if I had to pick a favourite! I want to learn more about the ancient scrolls he likes to read. For kickstarter rewards, I'm usually too broke to care about higher tier rewards, but seeing an "early bird" tier where you can get the game for cheaper for a limited time always gets me!
ImageImageImage

mylifesobright7
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:25 am
Contact:

Re: Reanimation Scheme [GxB | GxG] [Otome | Fantasy | Mystery | Comedy]

#5 Post by mylifesobright7 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:45 am

I've been a lurker for awhile but wanted to create an account just to respond to this.

1. What do you think about the story premise? Are you interested so far?
Sounds great!

2. Which one of the characters, if any, do you like most?
I like all of them, but Lyrissa stands out the most. Her friendly but sometimes rebellious attitude is something that I look forward to seeing.

3. Since we will be doing a Kickstarter campaign for this game at some point, what are some Kickstarter rewards you would be interested in seeing?
I'm not interested in physical rewards. I usually just care for stretch goals like additional side characters you can romance. Then extended epilogues and add backgrounds.

4. Do you have any comments or questions?
I hope when you are ready to launch you kickstarter campaign you have a demo ready. I say this because I notice that this plays a huge part in how successful funding is. I've seen a good amount of great projects just barely make the funding goal without demos and other mediocre projects with demos surpass the goal. Many people want to have a sneak peak before investing in something.

I like lengthy games and I'm glad that the has a high word count. I'm always a bit turned off when games are like 50k, though I've played many.

Do you plan on having a character or are any of your current characters the flirty type?

User avatar
Windchimes
Veteran
Posts: 283
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:02 am
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNoRenO '16), Red String of Fate, AIRIS
Projects: Lads in Distress (Expansion), Reanimation Scheme
Organization: Wind Chimes Games
Contact:

Re: Reanimation Scheme [GxB | GxG] [Otome | Fantasy | Mystery | Comedy]

#6 Post by Windchimes » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:03 am

papillon wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:23 am
I've seen this on Tumblr - I tend not to dig too deep into WIPs because I hate getting attached to things that may be a long time coming and I don't want to spoil too much, but I'm certainly interested in it happening :)
Thank you for commenting! I definitely know what you mean about not getting attached early. I feel that all the time when I have to wait years for the next installment in a book series to come out, and then I curse myself for getting so invested in the series rather than waiting for the whole thing to finish first, haha. But I'm glad to hear you're interested in the game anyway! :D I'll try to not keep everyone waiting for a long time, lol.

parttimestorier wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:20 am
This sounds like a really fun concept! I'm not even sure which of the characters I would say I like most so far. They all sound really interesting, and their personalities sound so different that I bet there will be a lot of funny scenes of them getting annoyed with each other. I might say Aldrias if I had to pick a favourite! I want to learn more about the ancient scrolls he likes to read. For kickstarter rewards, I'm usually too broke to care about higher tier rewards, but seeing an "early bird" tier where you can get the game for cheaper for a limited time always gets me!
Thank you for the comment! I'm glad that the concept / characters sound interesting to you so far :) Oh yeah, definitely, their personalities clash in certain ways, so there will definitely be some (hopefully funny) scenes showing that!
Thanks for the suggestion and input! I think the tier where you can get a digital copy of the game will be cheaper than the retail price by a bit, and then there'll also be an additional early bird tier (limited to like maybe 20 or 30 backers) where it's even cheaper. So hopefully that will be appealing! :)

mylifesobright7 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:45 am
I've been a lurker for awhile but wanted to create an account just to respond to this.

1. What do you think about the story premise? Are you interested so far?
Sounds great!

2. Which one of the characters, if any, do you like most?
I like all of them, but Lyrissa stands out the most. Her friendly but sometimes rebellious attitude is something that I look forward to seeing.

3. Since we will be doing a Kickstarter campaign for this game at some point, what are some Kickstarter rewards you would be interested in seeing?
I'm not interested in physical rewards. I usually just care for stretch goals like additional side characters you can romance. Then extended epilogues and add backgrounds.

4. Do you have any comments or questions?
I hope when you are ready to launch you kickstarter campaign you have a demo ready. I say this because I notice that this plays a huge part in how successful funding is. I've seen a good amount of great projects just barely make the funding goal without demos and other mediocre projects with demos surpass the goal. Many people want to have a sneak peak before investing in something.

I like lengthy games and I'm glad that the has a high word count. I'm always a bit turned off when games are like 50k, though I've played many.

Do you plan on having a character or are any of your current characters the flirty type?
Ahh, I'm so honored you went to the effort of creating an account just to comment! Thank you!! And I'm happy to hear that you like the story premise and the characters!
So far, it's planned that for Kickstarter, there will be two stretch goals that will make two side characters into romanceable love interests! We'll release more info on them later on, but they'll definitely show up in the demo at least. And there should also be some stretch goals that add more art to the game, such as more CGs and backgrounds. Extended epilogues are also a cool idea, so thank you for the suggestion! I'll definitely consider it :)
Thank you for the reminder! Yes, we'll release a demo of the game around a month before the Kickstarter campaign. It should cover most, if not all, of the common route. So hopefully that will draw more people in! :)
Are you asking about just the main characters / romanceable love interests, or all characters in the story including the side characters? None of the main characters are the flirty type, even including the two side characters that may get their own routes if the stretch goals on Kickstarter are reached. However, one of the other side characters that will show up at some point in the story is somewhat of a charming flirt, yes! They're unfortunately not romanceable, so if the flirty type is what you like most in otome boys, I'm so sorry to disappoint :(
Image Image

User avatar
Piper
Regular
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:57 pm
Projects: Refraction
Contact:

Re: Reanimation Scheme [GxB | GxG] [Otome | Fantasy | Mystery | Comedy]

#7 Post by Piper » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:19 pm

Such an interesting concept, and it looks amazing so far! I really love stories that try to expand their characters into unique universes where they can grow and change in surprising ways, and it seems like you have that in spades here. I'll be watching with interest~ :)

User avatar
Windchimes
Veteran
Posts: 283
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:02 am
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNoRenO '16), Red String of Fate, AIRIS
Projects: Lads in Distress (Expansion), Reanimation Scheme
Organization: Wind Chimes Games
Contact:

Re: Reanimation Scheme [GxB | GxG] [Otome | Fantasy | Mystery | Comedy]

#8 Post by Windchimes » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:40 pm

Piper wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:19 pm
Such an interesting concept, and it looks amazing so far! I really love stories that try to expand their characters into unique universes where they can grow and change in surprising ways, and it seems like you have that in spades here. I'll be watching with interest~ :)
Thank you so much for your interest and nice comment! :) I've been having so much fun building the universe and planning the characters' development, and I'm excited to share with you guys eventually!

--

Update 25/2/2019:
Some previews of the backgrounds! Much thanks to Vui Huynh, the background artist for our game, for making the kingdom of Nalenshir come to life!
Image
Image Image

User avatar
isobellesophia
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 676
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:55 am
Projects: Maddox's Everyday Talk! (13+ Unreal version), Maddox Everyday Talk! (3+ Real-Friendly version)(Upcoming 2020)
Organization: Friendly Teachers series
itch: .......
Location: Philippines, Mindanao
Contact:

Re: Reanimation Scheme [GxB | GxG] [Otome | Fantasy | Mystery | Comedy]

#9 Post by isobellesophia » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:51 pm

Windchimes wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:40 pm
Piper wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:19 pm
Such an interesting concept, and it looks amazing so far! I really love stories that try to expand their characters into unique universes where they can grow and change in surprising ways, and it seems like you have that in spades here. I'll be watching with interest~ :)
Thank you so much for your interest and nice comment! :) I've been having so much fun building the universe and planning the characters' development, and I'm excited to share with you guys eventually!

--

Update 25/2/2019:
Some previews of the backgrounds! Much thanks to Vui Huynh, the background artist for our game, for making the kingdom of Nalenshir come to life!
Image
Keep up on that good VN, Windchimes, also the characters are too good and i love it! :mrgreen:
I am a friendly user, please respect and have a good day..


Working on a talking simulation game for everyone, except children.

Maddox Everyday Talk!
Is my very very main project, not contain 13 below.

Main project here viewtopic.php?f=43&t=56564
Image

User avatar
FishyFeathers
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:19 am
Completed: Insidious
Projects: The Witch of Pondgulch
Contact:

Re: Reanimation Scheme [GxB | GxG] [Otome | Fantasy | Mystery | Comedy]

#10 Post by FishyFeathers » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:58 am

1. What do you think about the story premise? Are you interested so far?
For sure! I haven't played many games but it seems in general like a fun twist on what I usually expect to see from games about necromancers.

2. Which one of the characters, if any, do you like most?
Definitely Aldrias! I'm convinced he's up to something...same with Sebastien actually haha. Plus I like Aldrias's hair :wink:

3. Since we will be doing a Kickstarter campaign for this game at some point, what are some Kickstarter rewards you would be interested in seeing?
I'm a huge fan of getting to see process stuff, like a step by step walkthrough of how a particular asset was made. I know they take a lot of effort but I'm also a sucker for little personalized pieces of art. Even little pencil sketches with a signature thrill me.

4. Do you have any comments or questions?
How many types of magic are there in your game?? I'm always super curious about magic systems :D
Also does Sebastien get a route? If not, that would make a pretty cool Kickstarter stretch goal. Obviously not romance, just a little sub-plot or something. His character bio has me all suspicious of him...

User avatar
Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Posts: 2147
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:23 pm
Completed: The Dark
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Contact:

Re: Reanimation Scheme [GxB | GxG] [Otome | Fantasy | Mystery | Comedy]

#11 Post by Zelan » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:10 pm

It's awesome to see a new project from you, Windchimes! I love Lyrissa already. <3 Will be eagerly awaiting every update!

User avatar
NiKaWo
Regular
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:44 pm
itch: NiKaWo
Location: Portland, OR
Contact:

Re: Reanimation Scheme [GxB | GxG] [Otome | Fantasy | Mystery | Comedy]

#12 Post by NiKaWo » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:50 pm

Oh hey, I know you!

1. What do you think about the story premise? Are you interested so far? - Super interested! I love fantasy games, especially one's with magic, and necromancy doesn't get nearly as much attention as I think it deserves. Even more unusual to see it in a setting where it isn't thought of as taboo so I'm excited to see how it works in the society you've built.
2. Which one of the characters, if any, do you like most? Aldrias. For... reasons. I also really love the sound of the MC and Lyrissa though!
3. Since we will be doing a Kickstarter campaign for this game at some point, what are some Kickstarter rewards you would be interested in seeing? - Hm, I don't really back too many KS's so I don't know what common rewards are, but maybe letters from the characters? As like thanks? Or maybe some pretty wallpapers.
4. Do you have any comments or questions? - No burning questions at the moment, but I'm anxious to see how this turns out. I'll be paying close attention! Good luck!
Last edited by NiKaWo on Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gery
Regular
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:41 pm
Contact:

Re: Reanimation Scheme [GxB | GxG] [Otome | Fantasy | Mystery | Comedy]

#13 Post by Gery » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:41 pm

My turn! :3

1. What do you think about the story premise? Are you interested so far?
HOLY S#&@ YES! Don't get me wrong, I've seen some pretty amazing WIP games here, but this one...this one is probably my favourite so far! Several reasons:
- The Plot - it feels like I'll be reading a proper fantasy book that is well thought-out and has superb world-building and magic system (my weakness!!) This game ticks so many of my favourite tropes and, although the VN part (having different routes/characters to romance) is there, the premise is what's drawing me in! Basically, I always prefer when romance is an addition to an interesting story and not the only thing driving the plot.
- The Art - EVERYTHING! I love everything about it - the beautiful and detailed sprites, the gorgeous backgrounds, the GUI, ALL images that are posted here and your social network- they all look stunning!
- The Characters - can't wait to find out more about them!

2. Which one of the characters, if any, do you like most?
Aldrias! Apart from his gorgeous design, I think he sounds super interesting! I wonder what his interaction with the MC will be like.

3. Since we will be doing a Kickstarter campaign for this game at some point, what are some Kickstarter rewards you would be interested in seeing?
Hmm, maybe artbooks that show not only the finished piece, but also the process. And some extra info about the development of the world and characters. I love art. XD

4. Do you have any comments or questions?
Not at the moment. I just want to wish you good luck and lots of fun while making this game.

User avatar
TheFarRings
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:26 am
Projects: The Far Rings [sci-fi] [space opera] [drama] [mystery] [light romance] [short]
Organization: The Far Rings Team
Tumblr: thefarrings
itch: heiden
Contact:

Re: Reanimation Scheme [GxB | GxG] [Otome | Fantasy | Mystery | Comedy]

#14 Post by TheFarRings » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:29 pm

The cover art looks so pretty and colorful, and the characters are really pretty! The magic theme is pretty cool, and I like that you can also have a romance with a girl. And I like that the MC's character description shows that she has a distinctive personality of her own!

The premise seems like it has an interesting enough hook, but I feel like it could be 'sold' a bit better somehow... I think the wording... bores me... or disorients me, somehow? Because there are lots of running sentences with a lottt of info packed into them! Shorter is usually better, but I think that some of these sentences can be broken up into two or even three sentences, each with its own single idea, to help readability and flow. Either that, or maybe cutting off the details about Raenelle needing a break, which would shorten both the first two sentences.

Seeing an in-game screenshot would be nice too :) . Is there any expected deadline for when the game would release?

Good luck!
Mira, The Far Rings Team
"Stuck on a spaceship for three days. A human captain, an alien war criminal, and you're the half-human half-alien doctor lost between the two. Check out our quickly-upcoming short space opera VN, 'The Far Rings'!"

Lemmasoft Thread: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=54183
Website: https://www.thefarrings.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheFarRings
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thefarrings/
Tumblr: https://thefarrings.tumblr.com/

User avatar
Windchimes
Veteran
Posts: 283
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:02 am
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNoRenO '16), Red String of Fate, AIRIS
Projects: Lads in Distress (Expansion), Reanimation Scheme
Organization: Wind Chimes Games
Contact:

Re: Reanimation Scheme [GxB | GxG] [Otome | Fantasy | Mystery | Comedy]

#15 Post by Windchimes » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:00 am

isobellesophia wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:51 pm
Keep up on that good VN, Windchimes, also the characters are too good and i love it! :mrgreen:
Thank you so much! I'll definitely keep working hard on the VN :)
FishyFeathers wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:58 am
1. What do you think about the story premise? Are you interested so far?
For sure! I haven't played many games but it seems in general like a fun twist on what I usually expect to see from games about necromancers.

2. Which one of the characters, if any, do you like most?
Definitely Aldrias! I'm convinced he's up to something...same with Sebastien actually haha. Plus I like Aldrias's hair :wink:

3. Since we will be doing a Kickstarter campaign for this game at some point, what are some Kickstarter rewards you would be interested in seeing?
I'm a huge fan of getting to see process stuff, like a step by step walkthrough of how a particular asset was made. I know they take a lot of effort but I'm also a sucker for little personalized pieces of art. Even little pencil sketches with a signature thrill me.

4. Do you have any comments or questions?
How many types of magic are there in your game?? I'm always super curious about magic systems :D
Also does Sebastien get a route? If not, that would make a pretty cool Kickstarter stretch goal. Obviously not romance, just a little sub-plot or something. His character bio has me all suspicious of him...
Thank you for the comment and the kind compliments! Good suggestion about the Kickstarter rewards! I'll be adding them to the potential list of rewards for consideration. :)
There are 6 types of magic in the game (life, death, water, fire, air, earth). As for Sebastien... I'm going to be a tease and not answer that question directly yet. I guess you'll find out! ;)
Zelan wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:10 pm
It's awesome to see a new project from you, Windchimes! I love Lyrissa already. <3 Will be eagerly awaiting every update!
Hey Zelan! Happy to see you again. :) Thank you for dropping by and commenting! Glad to hear you like Lyrissa <3
NiKaWo wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:50 pm
Oh hey, I know you!

1. What do you think about the story premise? Are you interested so far? - Super interested! I love fantasy games, especially one's with magic, and necromancy doesn't get nearly as much attention as I think it deserves. Even more unusual to see it in a setting where it isn't thought of as taboo so I'm excited to see how it works in the society you've built.
2. Which one of the characters, if any, do you like most? Aldrias. For... reasons. I also really love the sound of the MC and Lyrissa though!
3. Since we will be doing a Kickstarter campaign for this game at some point, what are some Kickstarter rewards you would be interested in seeing? - Hm, I don't really back to many KS's so I don't know what common rewards are, but maybe letters from the characters? AS like thanks? Or maybe some pretty wallpapers.
4. Do you have any comments or questions? - No burning questions at the moment, but I'm anxious to see how this turns out. I'll be paying close attention! Good luck!
Hey you! Thank you for the compliments! We both know why you like Aldrias most, it's okay ;)
Wallpapers will definitely be a Kickstarter reward! Will also add letters to the potential list of rewards; thank you for the suggestion! <3
Gery wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:41 pm
My turn! :3

1. What do you think about the story premise? Are you interested so far?
HOLY S#&@ YES! Don't get me wrong, I've seen some pretty amazing WIP games here, but this one...this one is probably my favourite so far! Several reasons:
- The Plot - it feels like I'll be reading a proper fantasy book that is well thought-out and has superb world-building and magic system (my weakness!!) This game ticks so many of my favourite tropes and, although the VN part (having different routes/characters to romance) is there, the premise is what's drawing me in! Basically, I always prefer when romance is an addition to an interesting story and not the only thing driving the plot.
- The Art - EVERYTHING! I love everything about it - the beautiful and detailed sprites, the gorgeous backgrounds, the GUI, ALL images that are posted here and your social network- they all look stunning!
- The Characters - can't wait to find out more about them!

2. Which one of the characters, if any, do you like most?
Aldrias! Apart from his gorgeous design, I think he sounds super interesting! I wonder what his interaction with the MC will be like.

3. Since we will be doing a Kickstarter campaign for this game at some point, what are some Kickstarter rewards you would be interested in seeing?
Hmm, maybe artbooks that show not only the finished piece, but also the process. And some extra info about the development of the world and characters. I love art. XD

4. Do you have any comments or questions?
Not at the moment. I just want to wish you good luck and lots of fun while making this game.
Ahhh thank you so much! I'm super happy to hear you like the game! :D I absolutely love world-building, though I don't know how good I am at it, so I hope it won't let you down in the end! Haha. And yeah, I also love when there's an overarching plot other than just romance. I'm aiming for a 50-50 balance between mystery/plot and romance, so I hope it ends up working!
Thanks for the suggestion on the Kickstarter rewards! We'll definitely be doing a digital artbook, and I'll try to add more exclusive progress stuff! As for stuff about the world... I'm considering doing a digital lorebook PDF, but I'm unsure whether that'd be interesting to people? Haha
TheFarRings wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:29 pm
The cover art looks so pretty and colorful, and the characters are really pretty! The magic theme is pretty cool, and I like that you can also have a romance with a girl. And I like that the MC's character description shows that she has a distinctive personality of her own!

The premise seems like it has an interesting enough hook, but I feel like it could be 'sold' a bit better somehow... I think the wording... bores me... or disorients me, somehow? Because there are lots of running sentences with a lottt of info packed into them! Shorter is usually better, but I think that some of these sentences can be broken up into two or even three sentences, each with its own single idea, to help readability and flow. Either that, or maybe cutting off the details about Raenelle needing a break, which would shorten both the first two sentences.

Seeing an in-game screenshot would be nice too :) . Is there any expected deadline for when the game would release?

Good luck!
Mira, The Far Rings Team
Thanks for the comment and compliments! :) I'm sure our artists will be pleased to hear that.
Thank you as well for the critique on the story description! We'll consider making changes to it in the future. :)
Unfortunately, the GUI isn't ready yet, so we don't have in game screenshots to show yet :( The game release will depend on the results of the Kickstarter campaign, i.e. whether we reach stretch goals or not, but we're currently hoping for a Q2 2020 release. Super rough estimate though, so we'll see!

--
Update 17/3/2019:
Here is the reveal of the title screen art! It will be slightly modified for the title screen to accommodate the main menu buttons, but this is the original piece, which will also double as our first piece of official promotional art. Much thanks to the CG artists, Crystal and Novclow for the great work!
Image
Image Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users