Reanimation Scheme [GxB | GxG] [Otome | Fantasy | Mystery] - KICKSTARTER

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
milksoda

Re: Reanimation Scheme [GxB | GxG] [Otome | Fantasy | Mystery | Comedy]

#16 Post by milksoda »

1. I love this! The premise is interesting and makes a lot of sense, which is refreshing to see as a lot of VNs use magic and fantasy as a way to cover up their gaping plot holes. Bringing things like needing to do magic for a career makes the story so much more believable and adds motive to the characters. I'm very excited to see the worldbuilding and how the story turns out. The art is also gorgeous and the characters are so compelling, both in design and personality!

2. I love Sebastien. I need more of him. As for the human characters, I have to say I actually like Raenelle the best, with Kierdan in second just because I'm a sucker for pompous, smart alecks. I know love-hate relationships are cliche but I love them so, so much.

I have the say the way the characters are written is a little off-putting. Raenelle and Aldrias' descriptions follow the same format. Cons first, then something to redeem them, which makes them feel kind of iffy. I understand that these are meant to be reports of the characters, but they begin to feel like coworkers (and not the interesting, scandalous kind).
I feel like at least Kierdan was meant to be unlikeable, so his description comes off as cheeky and witty, and you get a sense of exactly what you're about to get yourself into. But, for other characters that are meant to be friendly, approachable, or at least give off a decent first impression, the bios should be handled a little differently.
That being said, I know how hard character bios are to write, and I have no perfect formula for them myself, so take this advice with a pinch of salt.

3. Pass, I'm not very familiar with Kickstarter, sorry!

4. Are the romance endings and the main story endings different? The mystery behind the missing spirits must be solved, obviously, but will your choices during the romance routes affect the ending at all? I've heard from some reviewers that games where you only get either one 'good' or 'bad' end no matter what their choices were can be really discouraging because it feels like nothing they do matters. How intertwined are the romance and story plots?

Other than that, I wish you all good luck!

NiKaWo
Regular
itch: NiKaWo

#17 Post by NiKaWo »

Oh my gosh, that title screen is gorgeous! I'm really excited for this game :D

MoonlitWind

#18 Post by MoonlitWind »

1. What do you think about the story premise? Are you interested so far?
YES I CAN'T WAIT. Fantasy realm, magic, a mystery. And the idea of an MC who just wants to rest but the one chance she sort of gets to do so ends up being because there's a huge problem and now she's and everyone is expected to be part of the situation. Go slay, Rae!

2. Which one of the characters, if any, do you like most?
Raenelle! <3 <3 Let Rae have a strong, independent route! Rae aside, if you're talking about love interests I adore Kier. They can be grumpy together. (And, well, you know I'm also a Nekomancer. ;D )

3. Since we will be doing a Kickstarter campaign for this game at some point, what are some Kickstarter rewards you would be interested in seeing?
All of them. Your highest tier r belong 2 me.
But uh, more side characters!

4. Do you have any comments or questions?
NOPE I AM JUST EXCITED.

Windchimes
Veteran
Projects: Reanimation Scheme, Emberfate: Tempest of Elements
Organization: Wind Chimes Games

#19 Post by Windchimes »

milksoda wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:49 pm 1. I love this! The premise is interesting and makes a lot of sense, which is refreshing to see as a lot of VNs use magic and fantasy as a way to cover up their gaping plot holes. Bringing things like needing to do magic for a career makes the story so much more believable and adds motive to the characters. I'm very excited to see the worldbuilding and how the story turns out. The art is also gorgeous and the characters are so compelling, both in design and personality!

2. I love Sebastien. I need more of him. As for the human characters, I have to say I actually like Raenelle the best, with Kierdan in second just because I'm a sucker for pompous, smart alecks. I know love-hate relationships are cliche but I love them so, so much.

I have the say the way the characters are written is a little off-putting. Raenelle and Aldrias' descriptions follow the same format. Cons first, then something to redeem them, which makes them feel kind of iffy. I understand that these are meant to be reports of the characters, but they begin to feel like coworkers (and not the interesting, scandalous kind).
I feel like at least Kierdan was meant to be unlikeable, so his description comes off as cheeky and witty, and you get a sense of exactly what you're about to get yourself into. But, for other characters that are meant to be friendly, approachable, or at least give off a decent first impression, the bios should be handled a little differently.
That being said, I know how hard character bios are to write, and I have no perfect formula for them myself, so take this advice with a pinch of salt.

3. Pass, I'm not very familiar with Kickstarter, sorry!

4. Are the romance endings and the main story endings different? The mystery behind the missing spirits must be solved, obviously, but will your choices during the romance routes affect the ending at all? I've heard from some reviewers that games where you only get either one 'good' or 'bad' end no matter what their choices were can be really discouraging because it feels like nothing they do matters. How intertwined are the romance and story plots?

Other than that, I wish you all good luck!
Hi! Thank you so much for the comment and all your kind words about the project! :) So sorry about the late response — I've been busy with final exams so I haven't been checking back on this thread, haha.

Thanks for your input about the character bios! Will take that into consideration :)

I'm not entirely sure if I understood your question about the endings correctly, so please forgive me if I completely went off on a tangent and didn't actually answer your queries lol. I can't speak too much on this without spoilers, but the gist is that the main story plot and the romance are intertwined in the sense that your romance will affect how you go about solving the mystery, and the journey to the answer will be very different in each route. The endings don't follow the "good" vs "normal" vs "bad' ending format — it depends on both your relationship with the chosen LI and also other choices relating to the story / world. The choices are designed to matter, both in small ways, such as changing dialogue or small branching sub-scenes throughout the route, as well as the fates of the romance / characters / world in the end.

Thanks again for commenting on this project! I appreciate the feedback <3
NiKaWo wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:23 pm Oh my gosh, that title screen is gorgeous! I'm really excited for this game :D
Thank you! <3 <3 <3 Crystal and Novclow did an amazing job on the title screen CG for sure!
MoonlitWind wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:28 am 1. What do you think about the story premise? Are you interested so far?
YES I CAN'T WAIT. Fantasy realm, magic, a mystery. And the idea of an MC who just wants to rest but the one chance she sort of gets to do so ends up being because there's a huge problem and now she's and everyone is expected to be part of the situation. Go slay, Rae!

2. Which one of the characters, if any, do you like most?
Raenelle! <3 <3 Let Rae have a strong, independent route! Rae aside, if you're talking about love interests I adore Kier. They can be grumpy together. (And, well, you know I'm also a Nekomancer. ;D )

3. Since we will be doing a Kickstarter campaign for this game at some point, what are some Kickstarter rewards you would be interested in seeing?
All of them. Your highest tier r belong 2 me.
But uh, more side characters!

4. Do you have any comments or questions?
NOPE I AM JUST EXCITED.
Thank you for the super kind comment!!

I wish I could make Rae a self-love route LOL Alas, no money. But it's great to see so many people like Rae so far :D

Stop fueling my desire to make more side characters; you know there are already too many.

--

Update 22/5/2019:

I am back from the dead! I've officially finished my last semester of college, so I'm now free and will be working on Reanimation Scheme full-time! Progress should come along much quicker now, so I'll hopefully be posting a lot more updates on our Twitter and Tumblr soon. If you haven't followed us on those social media yet, consider giving us a follow! ;D

For now, I guess the biggest major update is that the GUI is fully completed and coded in! Here are some quick screenshot previews:

NiKaWo
Regular

#20 Post by NiKaWo »

oh that GUI looks awesome, I love how you're sticking with the necromancer theme!

Windchimes
Veteran

Re: Reanimation Scheme [GxB | GxG] [Otome | Fantasy | Mystery] - DEMO RELEASE

#21 Post by Windchimes »

Sorry for not updating this thread for a long time! I'm back with a big announcement: the demo for Reanimation Scheme has just been released!

We will be doing a Kickstarter next week as well (4th Oct, 2019). Stay tuned for more news! You can get more frequent updates on the studio's social media:
Tumblr | Twitter | Facebook | Discord

NiKaWo
Regular

#22 Post by NiKaWo »

I loved EVERYTHING about this demo, it was so ambitious and polished and just over all really fun and well done. I can't wait for kickstarter, I'll definitely be pledging for sure. I hope more people see and comment because I really cannot overstate how much I loved the plot and characters and really the entire world you developed.

Windchimes
Veteran

#23 Post by Windchimes »

Reanimation Scheme is LIVE on Kickstarter!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wi ... sual-novel

Please consider supporting the campaign and spreading the word!

--
NiKaWo wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:44 pm I loved EVERYTHING about this demo, it was so ambitious and polished and just over all really fun and well done. I can't wait for kickstarter, I'll definitely be pledging for sure. I hope more people see and comment because I really cannot overstate how much I loved the plot and characters and really the entire world you developed.
Thank you so much! Really happy to hear you enjoyed the demo <3 And thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on this thread!