Love Shore [Demo+Kickstarter][Cyberpunk][LGBT][Thriller][Drama][17+]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
LOVESHOREGAME
Projects: LOVE SHORE
Organization: Perfect Garbage
Tumblr: LOVESHOREGAME
itch: perfectgarbage

Love Shore [Demo+Kickstarter][Cyberpunk][LGBT][Thriller][Drama][17+]

#1 Post by LOVESHOREGAME »

Welcome to Love Shore, a futuristic metropolis that transforms at night. Teeming with humans that will do anything to crawl to the top, cyborgs on a routine, and old hidden gods running the criminal underground, Love Shore is a home for every soul, wayward and otherwise.

After a fertility crisis changed the landscape of the city for good, a single company stepped in to help the residents: Life S. Incorporated, a biotech firm that claimed to be able to build life out of raw DNA, creating a fully formed human with thoughts, feelings, and morality of their own. Their minds, physical appearance, and personality would be derived from their parents’ DNA, but the children would be ‘born’ using artificial bodies. This new generation would be called the S.Humans: a non-aging, tough form of new life.

Your two protagonists Farah (left) and Sam (right). Choose who you'd like to play as.

Enter your two protagonists, Sam and Farah, two drastically different S.Humans who have recently come back to the neon lit city from a stint in prison to old friends, even older foes, and a string of strange events and encounters that leave them concerned to say the least. Play as them as you navigate the two sides of Love Shore, investigate the city's deep rooted criminal underbelly, and help your companions on their quests for redemption, love, and power.

Love Shore is a visual novel game that takes concepts we've always loved in sci-fi, action, and horror and blends them together to create something wild. It features a queer, diverse cast, a seemingly endless city, and a story of coming into yourself and doing what you think is right…with a heavy dose of drama and violence mixed in for good measure.

DOWNLOAD FOR PC AND MAC

Our demo features the "First Chapter" of Love Shore and acts as a World/Character introduction to showcase the art, music and storytelling that will be present in the completed game.
  • Two main characters with completely unique, yet intertwining stories to choose from
  • Each character has four romanceable options
  • Rated 17+ for mature language, sexual themes, and violence.
There's about thirty minutes of gameplay for both routes and no save options currently. There are an estimated 12 chapters per route included in the final game. A few notes, please use the enter/return key or right-click to advance the game (this will be fixed upon release). There are a few options to increase/decrease music, sfx, and text speed in the options menu.

Love Shore features two playable protagonists with four romanceable options, each with their own storylines. The cast is entirely LGBT+. The game’s projected features will include 12 chapters, 24 possible endings, 60 CGs, 25 unique locations, and an original soundtrack.

Some of the game mechanics that we think make Love Shore different from other VN and Dating Sim games are:
  • NPCs will have an approval rating that fluctuates based on the choices of the main character, not just with them specifically but ALL choices (indicated in a bar to the side on the UI)
  • A clickable map showing location changes between Love Shore's night and day. Deciding where to go at what time of day will affect the main storyline.
  • A small inner ratings system based on three stats (strength, intelligence and courage) that will open up dialogue options depending on the situation.
Another cool fact that makes Love Shore unique is that while playing one route, the other is happening at the same time. There will be points where the routes cross and you will effect the outcome of the other. So if you’re playing Sam, you will run into Farah during her quest to find Imani and if you help or hinder is an option affecting yours and hers outcome!

Sam and Farah's companions come with different strengths, weaknesses, and connections that can either help or hinder you but you'll be glad that there's someone in Love Shore you can depend on. Love Shore is set up so you can pursue their companions as romantic interests or stay as friends.

Sam's Companions

Farah's Companions

Love Shore is a labor of love written and produced by Son M. (@bogboogie) and Emmett (@_emnays) and brought to life by a team of amazing people who all are into the same things but wanted to see ourselves and more diversity in a medium and genre we really love. We currently have a Kickstarter (with way more info including the team!) running to help fund this game at this quality and to make sure we're upholding fair payment standards for the people who give us this quality. As of right now we're at 25% funded! We'd love it if you took the time to play the demo and tell us your thoughts and share it around!

We can be reached here:
Twitter: @LOVESHOREGAME
CuriousCat: @LOVESHOREGAME
Instagram: @LOVESHOREGAME

We hope you enjoy your visit to Love Shore!

Kickstarter and demo for LOVE SHORE now LIVE!

Gery
Regular

Re: Love Shore [Demo+Kickstarter][Cyberpunk][LGBT][Thriller][Drama][17+]

#2 Post by Gery »

This is seriously pretty! I love everything about this game - the unique premise, the numerous characters each with their own quirks and let's not forget the STUNNINGLY Beautiful Artwork! I have no words to express how impressed I am with everything in this post! And I can't stop starring at the images! So gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing this on the market :)

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#3 Post by papillon »

Are the two groups of companions entirely separate?

Like any classic annoying player I immediately want the one pairup that doesn't appear to be possible from the way you've listed them (Farah/Vivian)

LOVESHOREGAME

#4 Post by LOVESHOREGAME »

Gery wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:50 am This is seriously pretty! I love everything about this game - the unique premise, the numerous characters each with their own quirks and let's not forget the STUNNINGLY Beautiful Artwork! I have no words to express how impressed I am with everything in this post! And I can't stop starring at the images! So gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing this on the market :)
Thanks so much! We're really hoping to make this game a successful fund because we love it just as much. Admittedly, we play the demo over and over again and still find ourselves going "wow, we've impressed ourselves!"
papillon wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:59 am Are the two groups of companions entirely separate?

Like any classic annoying player I immediately want the one pairup that doesn't appear to be possible from the way you've listed them (Farah/Vivian)
Yes they are! However you're not the first who's wanted to go for Viv in Farah's route! The game past the demo is still in development and we're always keeping our eyes and ears open to stay aware of what people would like to see, so if the demand is high enough, we might think of making the companions open to both protagonists!

Sonya
Veteran
Completed: Café Rouge, Skights, High School Otome
Deviantart: winechan

#5 Post by Sonya »

Is this available on mobile? Your game art looks gorgeous btw

If not I'll download it to my pc, but it's more convenient if I can download it on my phone and play from there.

I'll play it and let you know my thoughts on it :D

LOVESHOREGAME

#6 Post by LOVESHOREGAME »

Sonya wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:39 pm Is this available on mobile? Your game art looks gorgeous btw

If not I'll download it to my pc, but it's more convenient if I can download it on my phone and play from there.

I'll play it and let you know my thoughts on it :D
Thank you! The character designs are done by Kabo and the environments and concepts were done by Zi. Both of them are really too powerful! Love Shore currently isn’t available on mobile but if the Kickstarter is successful it’s definitely something we’d like to consider! And thanks so much for considering to play, we’re always so excited whenever someone gives it a go!

LOVESHOREGAME

#7 Post by LOVESHOREGAME »

If you don’t already, please feel free to follow us on twitter @LOVESHOREGAME where we post constant updates of where we are in the Kickstarter as well as drop promo pics.

Check out this just released promo art of one of Sam’s companions, Aziz by our lovely character designer Kabo!
Full version on twitter!

Again, play our demo, share, and let us know what you think here, on twitter, on curiouscat, on the Kickstarter itself! We love feedback!

LOVESHOREGAME

#8 Post by LOVESHOREGAME »

Hey everyone! We're 50% funded with the Kickstarter with 10 days left! We're still keeping it at it! Just a few updates:
  • After some feedback, we added a trailer video featuring the Love Shore theme song "Blood" by 1X4X44R just to give a quick feel of the game before downloading the demo!
  • 1X4X44R also posted a teaser of another Love Shore soundtrack song "God Head", an amazing mood setter for Love Shore. Give it a listen here.
  • There's only 55 spots left for receiving the Love Shore logo pocket tee in the $100 tier! If you want to get your hands on a shirt that's easy to style while also supporting Love Shore's further development please consider backing~ All of our higher tiers have been backed! Thank you!
  • A thread about one of our most popular companions, Aziz, is live after a poll. For some insight into more of Love Shore's story give it a read here.
  • After some feedback we realized we needed to talk more about the story of Love Shore, so we wrote a thread about it without hopefully spoiling the game. Love Shore is really packed full of interesting things.
Once again consider following us on Twitter to stay up to date with Love Shore and thank you for the feedback and support!