(NEW! Song PV released) I-DUEL: A Battle for Stardom! [BxB] [18+] [Idols] [Commercial]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
mjinx
Regular
Projects: I-DUEL: A Battle for Stardom!
Organization: Jinxiee Games
itch: jinxieegames

(NEW! Song PV released) I-DUEL: A Battle for Stardom! [BxB] [18+] [Idols] [Commercial]

#1 Post by mjinx »

Do you have what it takes to be an Idol?

Take the role of a fledgling Idol student in a story filled to the brim with ear-grabbing melodies, soul-binding friendships and eye-catching boys that will set your heart on full-time "doki-doki" mode!

Official Website: https://www.i-duelproject.com/

NEW! PV featuring the game's opening theme "New Horizon", sung by our very own MC, Yuuki Nekota!

Subscribe to our channel for more music: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYpELE ... 3IYhV-a4Iw

NEW! Poster CG featuring Yuuki in bed!

Support us in Patreon to get a high resolution copy~

https://www.patreon.com/jinxieegames

A hybrid Yaoi Visual Novel and Role Playing Game, players control the protagonist (default name: Yuuki Nekota) as he attends the prestigious Andromeda Academy, a school for male Idols. Upon arriving, he realizes that the Academy uses virtual simulation technology known as the I-DUEL System to manage and evaluate their students. The I-DUEL Battle is a core aspect in this System, where two or more Idols duke it out on a simulated stage with the intent of "knocking out" the competition. To climb the ladder to stardom, the protagonist must use his time wisely to attend classes, train each of the six unique Idol Stats and win as many I-DUEL Battles as possible, using clothing and accessories known as I-Décors to get ahead! The end goal is to emerge victorious in the Academy's year-end musical festival of stars, the Dream Idol Coronation (DIC)!

However, there's more to school than studying to be the very best! The main character can form friendships, rivalries and even romances with their schoolmates! There are twelve major characters that can be dated, each with their own unique personalities, principles and plot progression to follow! These same people can also be partnered up on I-DUEL Battles, forming parties known as Idol Units! One such Idol Unit is MYTH4, with their current titles as Crown Princes, having won the previous year's DIC. A member of this Unit even has a connection to our protagonist - the Unit leader Sora Torao, who once helped him out from a bind and inspired him to take the arduous path of an Idol!

Even with his days busy with classes, clubs and cultivating closeness with his companions, the protagonist also struggles with a unique power only bestowed to him - the Copycat. Though an Idol possesses an I-Bility - a special yet exclusive skill that can trigger in I-DUEL Battles - the main character has the rare and mysterious gift of learning and using more than one. Why did the I-DUEL System grant this peculiar but incredible power to him? What kind of legacy will you lead him to? His fate splits into many roads, which one is the right path to take?

• Claim the title of best Idol in the school! Attend lessons, take auditions and aim for the gigs that will propel you to stardom! Every moment counts, so manage your time to hone each of the six Idol Stats that measure your true star potential~
  • Compete in hot-blooded I-DUEL battles! Idols just don’t sing and dance, they duel to the last man standing~ Fight in turn-based battles, unleashing charming Appeals, explosive Specials, shocking Counters and more! Who knew Idol shows could be this entertaining?!
  • Challenge your rivals and team up with friends! The road need not be taken alone~ Find people to form Idol Units with or compete against in the search for the event with the best rewards! Whichever path you take, you’re sure to get closer and closer!
  • Cultivate friendships, romance and more?! Twelve unique boys with their own strengths, shortcomings and stories await you! With their fates so closely intertwined with yours, to whom will you selflessly share your spotlight with?
  • Collect outfits, gossip, pictures and musical pieces and experience unique endings! Explore the campus and the town, experiment with I-Décors and examine every little thing that catches your attention! Every choice you make leads you to a different path, so be brave and grasp the ever-changing future with your own two hands…

The main character who can be named differently by the player. After being encouraged by Sora Torao two years prior and given a special I-Décor, he finally attends Andromeda Academy as a first year student. However, he knew next to nothing about the I-DUEL System and would have definitely failed his admission audition, if not for the timely awakening of his unique Copycat power. Energetic and positive to a fault, he is extremely nice and sociable to the point of being annoying, but people find his cheerful smile and earnest heart difficult to hate. Though usually good-natured and open-minded, he is also equipped with some biting sarcasm when dealing with unreasonable situations. He greatly idolizes Sora and gets easily excited when his beloved senpai gives him attention.

Ranked as the number one Idol of the entire school, MYTH4's leader Sora Torao is a celebrity to most but an enigma to those closest to him. Moving to his own rhythm, he is a bit air-headed and slightly ditzy, but does a complete hundred-eighty degrees turn when performing. Unusually for a top Idol and a Crown Prince, Sora lazes around without a care in the world. Straightforward and perpetually smiling, though he seemed to no longer see the Idol industry as the shining beacon of the future he once preached to an underclassman in his times of trouble. Sora is a Cute-and-Cool-Type Idol and uses the I-Dominion "Tiger's Gaze" in I-DUEL Battles.

A first year Idol Course student in Andromeda Academy, Takuma Inui is Yuuki’s classmate in Class A and the top student during the recent school auditions. Aloof, stern and sharp-tongued, most of his classmates are intimidated by him, especially with the rumor that he is the illegitimate son of a world-renowned Idol and alumna of the Academy. Starting off on the wrong foot with Yuuki, he became the guy's self-declared rival and the two act like cats and dogs do when their paths cross, to the frustration of the people around them. Takuma has the I-Bility “Dogged Power” and is a Cool-and-Sexy-Type Idol.

The top Idol of the second years and a member of MYTH4. As a Crown Prince, Tatsuya Ryugasaki exudes magnetic charisma and outstanding talent. Hailing from a family of famous entertainers, he pursues perfection above else and only respects those who can keep up with him. He acts according to his position and appears rude and condescending; after all, he is a cut above the rest. He is currently at odds with Sora Torao over the latter's newfound apathy, though he once greatly admired the upperclassman. Tatsuya has the I-Bility "Dragon's Rage” and is an Active-and-Sexy-Type Idol.

Rookie Idol Arashi Hoshino is a famous first year student in Andromeda Academy. Blessed with good looks and oozing with sex appeal, he attracts fans faster than nectar does to honeybees. However, Arashi's efforts on his Idol career is halfhearted at best, being recruited instead of enrolling by his own volition. Sociable, earnest and kind, his heart-melting yet genuine smiles are quickly generalized to flirting. Whether this is intentional or not is yet to be seen - though he is quick to date anyone who expresses interest, no one truly knows what's going on inside his head. The only exception might be his childhood friend, who is also a student of the Academy. Arashi has the I-Bility "Bull's Eye” and is a Sexy-and-Cool-Type Idol.

Minami Kameyama is a member of MYTH4 and a third year student. A mature, intelligent and stern-looking young man, he holds the position of Student Council President, which he is definitely great at. Reared from a family that owns an entertainment agency, Minami knew the ins and outs of Idol management, though it is a mystery why he chose to be an Idol himself. His poker face and piercing glare intimidate most of the people he crosses paths with, but he is good at taking care of people, being astutely sensitive of their needs. Though exceedingly harsh and unforgiving, he is protective and loyal to those he cares about, especially Sora, whom he is very close with since childhood. Right now, his main objective is to keep annoying flies away from Sora, including a certain rookie upstart. Minami has the I-Bility "Sturdy Skin” and is a Cool-and-Active-Type Idol.

Jumping onstage is Natsu Otani, an energetic third year student and former high school soccer prodigy. Known for his boundless optimism and hyperactive lifestyle, he is quite the popular Idol in the Academy, ranking fifth overall. Extremely sociable, Natsu can be seen talking to all sorts of people, as he values having a lot of friends that he can count on and who can count on him. He is all for teamwork and treats the rookie Idols with care, though he can be annoying and intrusive of others' personal space. He just wants to help however and everyone find it hard to resist his dazzling smile. On the other hand, he dislikes competing for Gigs and is known to give away opportunities to others. Is he just that kind or is something else eating him up? Natsu has the I-Bility "Cooldown Hug” and is an Active-and-Cute-Type Idol.

The fourth and final member of MYTH4, Akihiko Shiratori is renowned for his natural beauty, flawless elegance and expertise in nihon-buyo. A third year from Class B, he is second only to Sora in the Academy's halls. Raised in a traditional setting, it could be said that Akihiko is a male yamato nadeshiko, being the embodiment of kindness, grace and honor. Though expected to inherit his family's dance studio, debuting as an Idol is his dearest ambition and will stop at nothing to achieve this dream. This unfortunately leads him to overworking at the expense of his health and an explosive temper at the peak of his exhaustion. Akihiko has the I-Bility "Rising Wings" and is a Sexy-and-Cute-Type Idol.

A petite first year Idol Course student, Ringo Kusanagi from Class B is a soft-spoken yet sweet young man. Quite known for his adorable looks, Ringo ranked second during the school auditions, despite his rather clumsy efforts at Idol training and other activities. Though naturally kind and polite, he keeps his distance from others, preferring to be alone as opposed to being surrounded by a crowd. Unfortunately for him, his frail countenance tends to awaken the protective instincts of his peers, including a certain schoolmate who favored friendly hugs. Like that certain guy, Ringo possesses a similarly mysterious and potentially dangerous I-Bility, known only as "Black Bunny". He is a Cute-and-Sexy-Type Idol.

Several more characters will be introduced soon~

Natsu's Poster CG teaser:

Arashi's Poster CG teaser:

Easter celebration sketch:

White Day celebration sketch:

Support us in Patreon and receive some very nifty benefits before the game even comes out!

https://www.patreon.com/jinxieegames

See what's up and follow the project in social media and more!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/iduelproject

Facebook: https://web.facebook.com/iduelproject

Tumblr: https://iduelproject.tumblr.com/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/iduel_project/

Join our Discord and get early access to updates, new art and music previews!

Invite: https://discord.gg/sT54fXx

Meet and greet the team!

Game Director and Head Writer:
mjinxlei

Art Director and Character Designer:
Kiri (Toxicmilkk)

Music Director, Composer and Songwriter:
Lydia Primate

Programmer:
Hadwig

CG Artist and Designer:
Arisa Chibara

Logo Designer:
kathaeris

Social Media Manager and Writer:
Crystal

Editor and Proofreader:
Silver

• Do you have a working demo of the game?

Not yet! But we plan to release one as soon as possible.
  • Will the game go through Kickstarter?

That's the plan once a demo had been sorted out.
  • Will there be explicit sex scenes? How about rape, sex toys and bondage?

Yes, there will probably be 18+ scenes, but they can be skipped. It would always be with consent and sex toys and bondage will not be included in the "base" game, to make sure we don't alienate anyone. Still, it's up for debate.
  • Is the main character an exclusive top or exclusive bottom?

Neither. Even though his last name might give you ideas (*winks*), our MC's position depends on his partner. So yes, there will be times where he is the top and a few more where he bottoms.
  • Will there be more BL-related puns?

Yes, there will be more and there's nothing you can do about it.
~ o 0 o ~

Thanks for reading the entire post~

We sincerely hope that the game piqued your interest!

Lastly, any feedback would be very much appreciated!
Last edited by mjinx on Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:09 am, edited 19 times in total.

vchan
Regular

Re: I-DUEL: A Battle for Stardom! [BL] [18+] [Idols] [Commercial]

#2 Post by vchan »

BL? Singing? Awesome!! Can't wait to see the demo since it will be made with RPG maker

Sonya
Veteran
Completed: Café Rouge, Skights, High School Otome
Deviantart: winechan

#3 Post by Sonya »

Wow this is soooooooo pretty, I'm really curious about this kind of game made in rpg maker, I have seen many cool rpg games made with it.

Do you plan to release this on mobile devices at all? I have an iphone and I'd really like to be able to play this on my phone.

mjinx
Regular

#4 Post by mjinx »

vchan wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:50 pm BL? Singing? Awesome!! Can't wait to see the demo since it will be made with RPG maker
The demo is definitely the first thing we will be working on~
Sonya wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:43 pm Wow this is soooooooo pretty, I'm really curious about this kind of game made in rpg maker, I have seen many cool rpg games made with it.

Do you plan to release this on mobile devices at all? I have an iphone and I'd really like to be able to play this on my phone.
Thanks~ We don't have plans to go mobile for now, but we will definitely re-visit the idea of releasing the game in other platforms in the near future.

Also, in celebration of White Day today, we give you a special treat to go with all the gift-giving around~

Happy White Day from the I-DUEL team! <3

parttimestorier
Veteran
Completed: No Other Medicine, Well Met By Moonlight, RE:BURN, The Light at the End of the Ocean, Take A Hike!, Wizard School Woes
Projects: Seeds of Dreams
itch: janetitor

#5 Post by parttimestorier »

This sounds really fun, and I love the art so far! I'm looking forward to seeing more of the characters soon.

Does RPG Maker MV have a good way to skip text that you've already read? I ask because I find that that feature is often missing when people make VNs in engines that aren't specifically for them, and it can make it really annoying when I want to do multiple playthroughs and see all the endings.
ImageImageImage

mjinx
Regular

#6 Post by mjinx »

parttimestorier wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:57 pm This sounds really fun, and I love the art so far! I'm looking forward to seeing more of the characters soon.

Does RPG Maker MV have a good way to skip text that you've already read? I ask because I find that that feature is often missing when people make VNs in engines that aren't specifically for them, and it can make it really annoying when I want to do multiple playthroughs and see all the endings.
Thank you for the kind words~

We will be adding a "Skip Cutscene" function. The game won't automatically skip read text though, the option is given to the player. This is what we have so far, but we definitely took note of the issue and see if we can find a better solution to the problem.

mjinx
Regular

Re: I-DUEL: A Battle for Stardom! [BxB] [18+] [Idols] [Commercial]

#7 Post by mjinx »

Update #1 (03-24-2019):

Our recruitment thread had been re-opened due to some circumstances. If interested, you can check it here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=52671

After taking feedback into consideration, we are re-evaluating our choice of game development software. We will be updating as soon as it's finalized.

In other news, we've added new information regarding the concept of Crown Princes and the DIC and School Events in our website. Take a look here: https://www.i-duelproject.com/

Thanks~

milksoda

#8 Post by milksoda »

I love this so much omg;;; definitely following!

mjinx
Regular

#9 Post by mjinx »

milksoda wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:11 pm I love this so much omg;;; definitely following!
Thank you so much~!

mjinx
Regular

#10 Post by mjinx »

Update #2 (04-07-2019):

Added a new character in the roster: Takuma Inui, the slightly moody, kinda emo and lone wolf kind of guy, but is actually a lonely puppy.

Visit our website for more info about Takuma: https://www.i-duelproject.com/characters

Join our Discord channel to tell us what you think and more: https://discord.gg/sT54fXx

Thanks~

mjinx
Regular

#11 Post by mjinx »

Update #3 (04-14-2019):

More stuff and an announcement!

(1) A brand new poster CG, featuring Yuuki in bed~

(2) A PV featuring the original song "Undone", sung by the idol Takuma Inui!

(3) Our Patreon page is finally online! Support the game by pledging a few dollars to its development, in exchange for early access, discounts and just free stuff!

Stay tuned for more updates~

vchan
Regular

Re: (NEW! Song PV released) I-DUEL: A Battle for Stardom! [BxB] [18+] [Idols] [Commercial]

#12 Post by vchan »

The PV song is so GOOD. I really love the voice actor for Takuma <3. I wish this would be on the switch lol

mjinx
Regular

Re: (NEW! Song PV released) I-DUEL: A Battle for Stardom! [BxB] [18+] [Idols] [Commercial]

#13 Post by mjinx »

vchan wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:03 pm The PV song is so GOOD. I really love the voice actor for Takuma <3. I wish this would be on the switch lol
Ah, thanks so much~ We put quite the effort into composing the song!

Personally, I think the Switch is a great console and would have LOVED for the game to be ported there. Anyway, we'll keep our options open for other platforms after PC release~

CodeV
Regular

#14 Post by CodeV »

The aesthetic and song is so good! Looking forward to more characters reveal, will there be an older producer/manager type of character for us to woo? Those are my weakness.

mjinx
Regular

#15 Post by mjinx »

CodeV wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:32 am The aesthetic and song is so good! Looking forward to more characters reveal, will there be an older producer/manager type of character for us to woo? Those are my weakness.
Thank you so much~

For now, only the fellow students and Idols are currently available for romance. We do have characters that fit the coach, producer and manager roles, but the question if they can be dated will still be dependent on fan response and probably Kickstarter funding. Sufficed to say, we are very open at the idea~