ALLBLACK -Phase1- [Free to Play][Action][Psychological][Sci-fi][Steam]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: ALLBLACK Phase 1, Heart's Blight, Last Rx., EDDA Cafe, Kohana, Half Moon
Projects: ALLBLACK Phase 2
Organization: VN Project Indonesia
Deviantart: SECONDARY-TARGET
itch: NSAID
Discord: 3,4-Methylendioxymethamphetamine#4886

Re: ALLBLACK -Phase1- [Action][Psychological][Sci-fi] Ch.4 In Progress + STEAM Released!

#46 Post by tiya_nofurita »

Version 1.45 Updated on Google App Store

I plan to release Chapter 5 soon, hopefully on September.
Webtoon

"For what reason I live?"

---
Completed project:

"What will you see when you are dead?"

MY VISUAL NOVEL

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: ALLBLACK Phase 1, Heart's Blight, Last Rx., EDDA Cafe, Kohana, Half Moon

Re: ALLBLACK -Phase1- [Action][Psychological][Sci-fi] Ch.4 In Progress + STEAM Released!

#47 Post by tiya_nofurita »

New visual key

Webtoon

---
Completed project:

MY VISUAL NOVEL

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran

#48 Post by tiya_nofurita »

UPDATED 25/09/20
CHAPTER 5 IS OFFICIALLY RELEASED
Visit this link for more info

I will start doing Chapter 6 in early Oct and hopefully everything will be finished on Nov/Dec 2020!
Webtoon

---
Completed project:

MY VISUAL NOVEL

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran

#49 Post by tiya_nofurita »

Hewwo everyone. 'w'

It's been a long time since we post update on this site, but the development is still ongoing!
We plan to launch the full version of this visual novel around December 2020.
And as promised before, we will hold live Q&A developer session for ALLBLACK Phase 1.
Come join us (me, the developer @madscientist and @fsc, the original author) on Discord with this invitation link:
https://discord.gg/88EbxXe
We will do live chat (and maybe voice) session in discord.
The event will start on Sunday 11 Oct 2020 at 9:00 AM GMT+7 (around Saturday 10 Oct at 7:00 PM PDT) for one hour, so feel free to set a reminder so you won't miss it!

More info about this event: (and you can set reminder also)
https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/ ... 2352118247

Ask anything! :D The story, the worldbuilding, technical problem (if any), suggestions, we would love to hear your feedback!
Webtoon

---
Completed project:

MY VISUAL NOVEL

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: ALLBLACK -Phase1- [Action][Psychological][Sci-fi] Launch Q4 2020

#50 Post by tiya_nofurita »

Discord sever is open for public!
Join our server and discuss with the original author...you might ask few spoiler too :P

Webtoon

---
Completed project:

MY VISUAL NOVEL

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran

#51 Post by tiya_nofurita »

I forgot to announce here that we're 3 days ahead official launch on Steam!

Save the date, 20th of November!

Webtoon

---
Completed project:

MY VISUAL NOVEL

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran

#52 Post by tiya_nofurita »

Latest demo stream

Video removed
Webtoon

---
Completed project:

MY VISUAL NOVEL

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran

#53 Post by tiya_nofurita »

I should have released ALLBLACK on 20th but for some reason Steam won't allow me until December. Hope it will be resolved soon.
In the meantime, video exposure again!

Last edited by tiya_nofurita on Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Webtoon

---
Completed project:

MY VISUAL NOVEL

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran

#54 Post by tiya_nofurita »

Steam being a trouble again ._. I have released the full version but only demo appears on the steam page.
I have to wait 2-3 working days again until steam staff resolved this... *sigh
What a waste of exposure chance.

Anyway latest video stream again

Webtoon

---
Completed project:

MY VISUAL NOVEL

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: ALLBLACK -Phase1- [Free to Play][Action][Psychological][Sci-fi][Steam]

#55 Post by tiya_nofurita »

Webtoon

---
Completed project:

MY VISUAL NOVEL

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran

#56 Post by tiya_nofurita »

Playthrough again

Webtoon

---
Completed project:

MY VISUAL NOVEL

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran

#57 Post by tiya_nofurita »

I have to say after 1 month of release on Steam the traffic seems rather stagnant, but I appreciate any kind of feedback!
In the meantime, video exposure again

Webtoon

---
Completed project:

MY VISUAL NOVEL

Chronocide
Regular
Projects: Land of the 11 Towers

#58 Post by Chronocide »

Let's see, just discovered this one thanks to the post here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=56238

Downloaded on steam. Ooh, looks like I can even earn achievements. Thank you for the free game.

Chronocide
Regular
Projects: Land of the 11 Towers

#59 Post by Chronocide »

Anyway, you want feedback (as in my thoughts while playing). Yeah, as I play:

Chapter 1:
1: First thing that sticks out is that the protagonist is male, even though it doesn't really seem to matter to plot or animation style on what gender the character is. This isn't an adult game, the art is anime, the protagonist lacks a beard, non-gendered would be super easy. You kinda alienate a gender would potentially play the game by forcing the protagonist into a fixed gender. Just saying. Maybe them being male will matter more the plot as I get further into the game.
2: Early on, character is talking to a silhouette of a person and just notices that they are wearing a lab coat and are 170 cm tall. 170cm is really a specific number for something that you can only vaguely see. It's an odd description. Why not just describe them as tall? Or short? Height is usually a comparison relative to the viewer, so it's weird that you'd go with measurements instead of just comparing them to yourself or another object.
3: Still pretty early on. F-word used. It doesn't offend me, but it limits your target audience to have swearing in your game. And, at least so far, the swearing isn't adding anything to the story.
4: Hmm...getting bored. I'm at the point where I'm meeting the crew of the ship (tim and peppy and so forth). Despite being described as a "Game" seems like all I get to do is click to advance the text.

I think I'm signing off for now. No offense intended, just not my cup of tea.

This game could really use an introduction. Just a "this is what you'll be doing in the game" part before it starts. Though, I suppose if you had told me that there wouldn't be any choices and that I'd just be click to advance the story of what is basically just a book on a topic that doesn't really interest me...sorry, but that's the case.

I think you've got a really hard target audience for this one. It's like an action thriller with only text for combat scenes, and then it's a serious cartoon - serious cartoons are often a tough sell. I know, anime, not cartoon, but that distinction doesn't matter to everyone. And then the story advances rather slowly, I think, well, slowly for a PC game, in a novel this speed would be very normal - it's like you wrote it independent of the pictures. A picture is worth a thousand words, so having a full book without pictures and then adding pictures...now the book is extra long.

Only error I got in the game, was:
If you hit start to select a chapter and then try go back, it crashes.

Otherwise very bug free.

I hope this very limited feedback helps. I might come back to this one and continue the feedback at a later date. No promises.

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran

#60 Post by tiya_nofurita »

Hey thank you for giving me some feedback, after 2 years in this forum, no one is kind enough to leave any feedback.
Chronocide wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:54 am 1: First thing that sticks out is that the protagonist is male, even though it doesn't really seem to matter to plot or animation style on what gender the character is. This isn't an adult game, the art is anime, the protagonist lacks a beard, non-gendered would be super easy. You kinda alienate a gender would potentially play the game by forcing the protagonist into a fixed gender. Just saying. Maybe them being male will matter more the plot as I get further into the game.
As far I'm aware of, there has been no explanation about the importance of protagonist's gender. You might be right, although I have no way of answer that without discussing with the original author (I only adapting his story after all)
Chronocide wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:54 am 2: Early on, character is talking to a silhouette of a person and just notices that they are wearing a lab coat and are 170 cm tall. 170cm is really a specific number for something that you can only vaguely see. It's an odd description. Why not just describe them as tall? Or short? Height is usually a comparison relative to the viewer, so it's weird that you'd go with measurements instead of just comparing them to yourself or another object.
I have been critiqued about a lot of unnecessary details in this visual novel and I agree with this.
Chronocide wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:54 am 3: Still pretty early on. F-word used. It doesn't offend me, but it limits your target audience to have swearing in your game. And, at least so far, the swearing isn't adding anything to the story.
The F-word is used to express some sort of frustration? The intended audience is 18 years and older, so it's kinda expected.
Chronocide wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:54 am 4: Hmm...getting bored. I'm at the point where I'm meeting the crew of the ship (tim and peppy and so forth). Despite being described as a "Game" seems like all I get to do is click to advance the text.

I think I'm signing off for now. No offense intended, just not my cup of tea.

This game could really use an introduction. Just a "this is what you'll be doing in the game" part before it starts. Though, I suppose if you had told me that there wouldn't be any choices and that I'd just be click to advance the story of what is basically just a book on a topic that doesn't really interest me...sorry, but that's the case.
Well, what could you expect? You came into visual novel forum, and this is exactly what visual novel is. Advancing the story with little to no interaction. Many visual novel belong to this category like Narcissu, True Remembrance, even Higurashi. Anyway I appreciate your interest to getting read so far, and your opinion will be noted.
Chronocide wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:54 am I think you've got a really hard target audience for this one. It's like an action thriller with only text for combat scenes, and then it's a serious cartoon - serious cartoons are often a tough sell. I know, anime, not cartoon, but that distinction doesn't matter to everyone. And then the story advances rather slowly, I think, well, slowly for a PC game, in a novel this speed would be very normal - it's like you wrote it independent of the pictures. A picture is worth a thousand words, so having a full book without pictures and then adding pictures...now the book is extra long.
I understand. I don't really have high expectation for this title to be popular. Still, I'm glad few people enjoying this and I got a lot to learn from making one.
Chronocide wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:54 am Only error I got in the game, was:
If you hit start to select a chapter and then try go back, it crashes.

Otherwise very bug free.

I hope this very limited feedback helps. I might come back to this one and continue the feedback at a later date. No promises.
Thank you for your valuable feedback!
Webtoon

---
Completed project:

MY VISUAL NOVEL