As Above/So Below [VN][Sci-Fi][Romance][Female Protagonist][Demo]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Bigg_AASB
Projects: As Above/So Below

As Above/So Below [VN][Sci-Fi][Romance][Female Protagonist][Demo]

#1 Post by Bigg_AASB »

I'm very excited to show off the first demo for my first-ever Ren'Py project: As Above/So Below. I'd love to hear what people think of it, and welcome any & all criticism, questions, and compliments (hopefully mostly compliments if I'm being honest.)

AA/SB is an epic science fiction action-romance set at the Grand Excelsior Academy of the Celestial Arts, a prestigious institution dedicated to the instruction of mech pilots. This demo takes you through the game's introduction, where you will meet Sabine Sable (our protagonist) along with the rest of AA/SB's diverse main cast.

Though AA/SB is intended to be NSFW at completion, this demo is fully SFW.

Please note that many things in this demo are not reflective of the final product! Some of the things that will be changing in future releases include:

- All music is placeholder
- Main menu art is placeholder
- Most in-game menus use default Ren'Py art
- "Archives" button on quick menu currently does nothing
- Opening splash art not final

Screenshots here:
Last edited by Bigg_AASB on Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

Re: As Above/So Below [Sci-Fi][Romance][Demo]

#2 Post by papillon »

You may get more interest if you specify the natures of the protagonist and the romances - a lot of people scan through the topic list looking for tags that match their tastes.

Female protagonist? Monster sex?

Bigg_AASB
Projects: As Above/So Below

Re: As Above/So Below [Sci-Fi][Romance][Demo]

#3 Post by Bigg_AASB »

Ah, that's good advice, thank you! There's (sadly) no sex in the demo but I'll definitely keep that in mind for the raunchier future releases.

(There's gonna be lots of different types of sex in the final product, including some monster-adjacent stuff including a character who transforms into a demon and another character who has a staff that can summon tentacles.)