Battle Royale: For Your Heart! [Parody Dating Sim]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo.
LegendEx
Regular
Completed: Day 366: The Prologue, Imre's Curse, Secrets Unsung, Snowdrop
Projects: Battle Royale: For Your Heart!
Tumblr: LegendExGames
itch: legendex-games

Battle Royale: For Your Heart! [Parody Dating Sim]

#1 Post by LegendEx » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:55 pm

Battle Royale: For Your Heart! is a battle royale themed parody dating sim in the works. It will feature 6 romance-able duo partners, multiple storylines and choices, the ability to get the ultimate victory royale for you and your teammate, and more! It is a commentary on the battle royale genre, common visual novel tropes, and the community that plays BR games.
Play as either the male or female "default" character (with selectable voice) and enter LegendEx's ultimate battle royale tournament alongside famous streamer SamuraiStriker. Pair up with a partner of your choosing (or go solo if teaming up isn't your thing) and take on the other teams in a battle to the death. The winning team will get a chicken dinner! (Uh...we're still not sure if it's literal or not...) Players will be able to play alongside a cast of colorful characters including another default character, a famous streamer, a cute but totally lethal princess, and a wolf that's way too cool for his own good.

The Full Game Will Feature:

6 fully written romances with multiple endings and choices and the option to ignore romance in pursuit of a victory!
Selectable player character and voice.
Partial Voice Acting
Original Soundtrack
Personality System with several dynamics that change the game's narrative.
Custom Sprite Art, UI, and CGs.
Jokes, jokes, and more jokes.
Date a diverse cast of characters with interesting backstories and attractive designs.

SamuraiStriker: Famous streamer known mostly for his playthroughs of battle royale games. He’s a stark supporter of new players but that’s on the screen. What’s Striker like when the cameras stop rolling?

HollyDay: A new addition to the roster. Not much is known about her, and she’d love to keep it that way.

MidnightFighter: A bad ass wolf man with the brains to match his brawn. There’s nothing else to say!

TwinTails: A magical girl with a heart of gold, until you decide to mess with her in which case- all I can say is run.

Default (2): Players can date the other default character they don’t choose. What that entails is different depending on choices made and which character was chosen.
LegendEx [Writer, Project Lead]
Yoru Uta[Programmer]
DahliaWilder [Sprite Artist]
Fuyunokawa [background Artist]
Saibreaus [GUI Artist]
Monish Corona [Composer]
Sarah Ruth [TwinTails VA]
Reed Kriner [Default Male VA]
Anairis Q [Default Female VA]
Tom Schalk [Midnight’s VA]
John Patneaude [SamuraiStriker’s VA]
PixelsandPins [Voice Director]
--------------------------
Try out the convention demo of BRFYH right here!
There will be an extended demo available in the coming weeks.
Last edited by LegendEx on Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.

akrasia
Projects: Housebound
Tumblr: akrasiagames
Deviantart: siaakra
itch: siaakra

Re: Battle Royale: For Your Heart! [Parody Dating Sim]

#2 Post by akrasia » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:15 pm

It sounds different! Different is good! I'm curious to find out more, the brief description has got me wondering more about the world that they all live in. :) I think it's cool that you can romance the gender you didn't pick? Don't think I've seen that done before! How will the fact that they look so similar be handled?!

I don't think there are any specific tropes I would like to see added, though it'll be interesting to see how many you add!

Winner winner, chicken dinner!

milksoda
Tumblr: xubearu

#3 Post by milksoda » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:16 pm

This seems really promising! I'll definitely be following your development!
I currently have my eye on SamuraiStriker. Please make him an egotistical idiot, please.

LegendEx
Regular

#4 Post by LegendEx » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:02 pm

akrasia wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:15 pm
It sounds different! Different is good! I'm curious to find out more, the brief description has got me wondering more about the world that they all live in. :) I think it's cool that you can romance the gender you didn't pick? Don't think I've seen that done before! How will the fact that they look so similar be handled?!

I don't think there are any specific tropes I would like to see added, though it'll be interesting to see how many you add!

Winner winner, chicken dinner!

Thanks for leaving a comment! We'll be releasing more information about the setting as well as more in depth descriptions for the characters as time goes on. As for dating the character you don't choose- we'll be utilizing voice acting as well as different tropes (and a few other quirks) to differentiate the two, but it is still being explored and expanded!

LegendEx
Regular

#5 Post by LegendEx » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:05 pm

milksoda wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:16 pm
This seems really promising! I'll definitely be following your development!
I currently have my eye on SamuraiStriker. Please make him an egotistical idiot, please.
Oh, SamuraiStriker, the biggest and most famous streamer in the LegendEx battle royale circuit will indeed have some egotistical tendencies! Thanks for leaving us a comment, and really excited that you'll be following development!

LegendEx
Regular

#6 Post by LegendEx » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:59 am

The convention demo is out now. Enjoy!