Battle Royale: For Your Heart! [Extended Demo and Kickstarter Up]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
LegendEx
Regular
Completed: Imre's Curse: The Prologue, Secrets Untold, Snowdrop, Summer at Marisol Bay
Projects: Battle Royale: For Your Heart!, Secrets Unsung
Tumblr: LegendExGames
itch: legendex-games

Battle Royale: For Your Heart! [Extended Demo and Kickstarter Up]

#1 Post by LegendEx »

You can now back BRFYH on Kickstarter!

Battle Royale: For Your Heart! (BRFYH) is a battle royale themed romance parody game in development. This game is a critique on common visual novel and anime tropes, online gaming communities, and, of course, the ever-growing popularity of battle royale games.

After watching SamuraiStriker, world famous streamer and competitive battle royale player, invite gamers of all skill levels to join him in LegendEx Games' Fighter's Cup, you decide to enter the tournament to try and win the highly sought after mystery prize.

The only problem? You are a complete noob, mistakenly entered the duos tournament as a solo player, have to scramble to find a partner, and attempt to win the competition!

Select your avatar, player voice, gamertag, and possible duo partner, as you venture into an expansive virtual world alongside a colorful cast of characters. It is up to you to decide how the game unfolds. Unlock hidden scenes, build a bond with your partner (or enemies!) and try to win the competition!
The Full Game Will Feature:
150k-200k words
6 romance routes with an option to remain solo
Selectable avatar with voice options
Partial voice acting
Interactive Map and Mini-Map
A story that changes based on your decisions on the battlefield!
The Extended Demo Includes:

60k words (2-3 hours of gameplay depending on choices)
Selectable protagonist with 2 voice options per gender.
Ability to partner up with the avatar you don't choose.
3 duo partners and the ability to go solo.
Two explorable locations outside of the lobby depending who you pick as a partner.
Partial voice acting.
A variety of dialogue choices.
Four original compositions.
Custom sprite art, UI, and CG.
Date a diverse cast of characters with interesting backstories and attractive designs.
Player Characters: Choose your player's appearance, voice, and gamertag. You're a new player on the battle royale scene and don't know much about the game or virtual world. Navigate the routes in order to learn about the game mechanics, your partner, and the world around you.
    Parker: A possible partner and romance option if you choose to be the female main character. Parker considers himself an inexperienced player despite having played in a few unranked battle royale matches before. Parker is more concerned with creating a fun experience for himself and his partner than winning the tournament.
    Visual Novel Trope: Shonen Protagonist
    Online Gaming Persona: The Starry Eyed Noob

Female Noob (???): The player is able to name this character. She becomes a romance option if you choose to be the male main character. She is very standoffish and defensive about her play style. The female noob is determined to prove her skills and that she shouldn’t be judged by her basic avatar.
    Visual Novel Trope: Tsundere
    Online Gaming Persona: Scorned Gamer Girl

MidnightFighter: For the most part, Midnight takes a relaxed approach to life... though this doesn’t apply to certain things which he feels very strongly about. Sometimes he’ll slip up and remind you that he is indeed not “one of the young ones” but tries to hide this because he doesn’t want people to think that you can’t teach an old dog new tricks.
    Visual Novel Trope: The Sensei
    Online Gaming Trope: The Veteran.

TwinTails: TwinTails is a peppy, vibrant girl who lights up the room… until you do something she doesn’t like. Her happy-go-lucky persona drops and is replaced with a scary woman. Still, one can’t help but be enchanted by her...
    Visual Novel Trope: Magical Girl
    Online Gaming Trope: The Secret Weapon

SamuraiStriker: Striker is a famous streamer. He started as a competitive player in esports but has long since watered down his content for his younger audience. Striker has a dual persona. On stream, he plays the part of a hero, trying to garner more attention and views. Off camera, he’s a little bit different. Which side will he show you?
    Visual Novel Trope: The Legendary Hero.
    Online Gaming Trope: The Streamer.

HollyDay: Holly is a no-nonsense kind of woman. She’s focused on winning the battle royale and won’t let anything stop her. Being hyperfocused on the win leaves others thinking she has a chilly personality, but in reality, Holly is a caring and compassionate person. She just funnels that energy into being the best at what she does: winning battle royale games.
    Visual Novel Trope: Kuudere
    Online Gaming Trope: The Sweat.
    LegendEx [Writer, Project Lead]
    Yoru Uta[Programmer]
    DahliaWilder [Sprite Artist]
    Fuyunokawa [background Artist]
    Saibreaus [GUI Artist]
    Monish Corona [Composer]
    PixelsandPins [Voice Director]
    Sabrina Marie @k0torisan [Editor]
    Nola Klop, Elsie Lovelock [Female MC VA]
    Kieran Flitton, Lane Rush [Male MC VA]
    Sarah Ruth [TwinTails VA]
    Reed Kriner [Parker VA]
    Anairis Q [Female Noob VA]
    Tom Schalk [Midnight VA]
    John Patneaude [SamuraiStriker VA]
    Sheila Morris: [HollyDay VA]
    Lane Rush: [Male MC VA]
    Kieran Flitton: [Male MC VA]
    Elsie Lovelock: [Female MC VA]
    Nola Klop: [Female MC VA]
    Matt Raftis: [Announcer VA]
    Trent Martin: [NPC VA]
    Gareth Farr: [NPC VA]
    Leader Looi: [Snipes VA]
    --------------------------
    Try out the extended demo of BRFYH on:

Itch.io!

Steam!
    Last edited by LegendEx on Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:24 pm, edited 12 times in total.

akrasia
    Projects: Demon Valley
    Organization: Green Cheek Studio
    itch: greencheekstudios

Re: Battle Royale: For Your Heart! [Parody Dating Sim]

#2 Post by akrasia »

It sounds different! Different is good! I'm curious to find out more, the brief description has got me wondering more about the world that they all live in. :) I think it's cool that you can romance the gender you didn't pick? Don't think I've seen that done before! How will the fact that they look so similar be handled?!

I don't think there are any specific tropes I would like to see added, though it'll be interesting to see how many you add!

Winner winner, chicken dinner!

milksoda

#3 Post by milksoda »

This seems really promising! I'll definitely be following your development!
    I currently have my eye on SamuraiStriker. Please make him an egotistical idiot, please.

LegendEx
    Regular
    Completed: Imre's Curse: The Prologue, Secrets Untold, Snowdrop, Summer at Marisol Bay

#4 Post by LegendEx »

akrasia wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:15 pm It sounds different! Different is good! I'm curious to find out more, the brief description has got me wondering more about the world that they all live in. :) I think it's cool that you can romance the gender you didn't pick? Don't think I've seen that done before! How will the fact that they look so similar be handled?!

I don't think there are any specific tropes I would like to see added, though it'll be interesting to see how many you add!

Winner winner, chicken dinner!

Thanks for leaving a comment! We'll be releasing more information about the setting as well as more in depth descriptions for the characters as time goes on. As for dating the character you don't choose- we'll be utilizing voice acting as well as different tropes (and a few other quirks) to differentiate the two, but it is still being explored and expanded!

LegendEx
    Regular

#5 Post by LegendEx »

milksoda wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:16 pm This seems really promising! I'll definitely be following your development!
    I currently have my eye on SamuraiStriker. Please make him an egotistical idiot, please.
    Oh, SamuraiStriker, the biggest and most famous streamer in the LegendEx battle royale circuit will indeed have some egotistical tendencies! Thanks for leaving us a comment, and really excited that you'll be following development!

LegendEx
    Regular

#6 Post by LegendEx »

The convention demo is out now. Enjoy!

LegendEx
    Regular

Re: Battle Royale: For Your Heart! [Parody Dating Game] UPDATED

#7 Post by LegendEx »

The post is updated with new information and screenshots. Also, this is a screenshot from our newest (unreleased) build (if you partner with TwinTails!):

The extended demo will be 60k words, adding so much more content! This is slated to release by the end of August.

LegendEx
    Regular

Re: Battle Royale: For Your Heart! [Extended Demo and Kickstarter Up]

#8 Post by LegendEx »

The extended demo and Kickstarter of our game are officially up!

We hope you enjoy our game, and if you can...please consider backing our project for exclusive rewards! Thank you!

LegendEx
    Regular

Re: Battle Royale: For Your Heart! [Extended Demo and Kickstarter Up]

#9 Post by LegendEx »

We now have our demo uploaded on steam. Please check it out and consider backing our project on kickstarter if you like it!