In Blood [GxB/G][Otome/Horror/Dark Fantasy]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo.
Message
Author
User avatar
Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 620
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:15 pm
Completed: Pinewood Island
Projects: As We Know It, In Blood
Organization: Jaime Scribbles Games
Deviantart: breakfastdoodles
itch: scribbles
Location: Ohio
Contact:

In Blood [GxB/G][Otome/Horror/Dark Fantasy]

#1 Post by Scribbles » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:41 am

Image
Image|Image

After a night of drinking Eleadora takes a shortcut home through the woods. She’s angry, frustrated, and sad. At the crossroads she trips and cuts her hand on some broken glass. While looking over her wounds she mutters a wish out loud that calls upon an ancient and forgotten force that changes her life forever.

She wakes up in an unknown room, in an unknown house, on an unknown plane of existence. Surrounded by horrors and death she must attempt to find an ally among the other occupants of the house. It’s clear they don’t have her best interests in mind, and trusting them could be deadly.

Survive and try to maintain your humanity.

Escape, if you still want to.

Escape, if they’ll let you.

Image


Features:
4 romance options (3 guys, 1 woman)
over 8 endings
4 unique routes
5 beautiful CG illustrations in the demo (more planned for final game!)
11 Immersive and gorgeous backgrounds
Original music and sound effects
English voice acting planned


The Characters:
Image
Eleadora - Just wants to go home. Accidental blood pacts with weird old gods be damned! The protagonist of this story.
Image
Nyarbalte - Ancient and forgotten god of the swamps. Requires blood in exchange for granting desires spoken at the crossroads.
Image
Eris - Immportal servant of Nyarbalte. Willing to keep you alive but not much else. Do not go into their kitchen. Ever.


Romance Options:
Image
Tristin - Sad puppy who is desperate to escape and wants your help. He says he is human, just like you, but something isn't right.
Image
Brenton - A bit of an idiot and more interested in hiding in his tower than helping anyone. Has a dragon sized hoarding problem, and a temper.
Image
Seta - Always suspiciously helpful. No one else in the mansion seems to like, or trust her though. She clearly knows more than she is letting on.
Image
Karon - Only seems interested in wine, and fun. Sleeps in a library full of dusty books and you should beware if invited inside.

Backgrounds
Image
Image
Image
Image

Illustrations
Image

Screenshots
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Credits
Developer, Writer, Programmer: Jaime Scribbles
Collaborator: PMscenarios
Character Artist: Illuminate001
GUI artist: Sitraxis
Background Art: Saleha Chowdhury
Illustration/CGs: Meagan Trott
Audio Director: Tim Reichert

Progress
Common Route: Done
Tristin Route: Started Draft
Brenton Route: Outlined
Karon Route: Outlined
Seta Route: Outlined
Character Art: Done
Background Art: Done
Illustrations: DEMO illustrations, completed!
Gui Art: Done
Audio: Outlined!


Questions

All feedback is welcomed! Here are a few specific questions I have in mind:
  • Which love interest are you most interested in so far?
  • Are you disappointed that the MC can not be named or customized like in my previous games?
  • What do you think of the art style?
  • Do you find sound effects immersive or distracting?
  • What kinds of CGs are a must for you in this kind of game?
Last edited by Scribbles on Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:20 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Image - Image -Image

User avatar
renkka
Regular
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:55 pm
Projects: The Glass Coffin, Picture Perfect Romance, Mizari Loves Company, SSWK, Angels with Broken Hearts
Organization: Reine Works, Crystal Compass
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: In Blood [GxB/G][Otome/Horror/Dark Fantasy]

#2 Post by renkka » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:44 pm

I'm a huge fan of horror, and having it mixed with dark fantasy and horror is a complete "yes" in my books.

Which love interest are you most interested in so far?
- Tristin, hands down, though Karon seems like he'll have really fun interactions with Eleadora.

What do you think of the art style so far?
- I love it! All of the characters are distinct from one another, and the coloring/shading style is gorgeous. All of the character designs look like a lot of thought was put into them, which I can appreciate a lot. I also love how Nyarbalte looks.

Is original music a must or will ambient sound do? (wind blowing, nature sounds, that sort of thing)
- Ambient sound seems appropriate for what I imagine the setting to be like, but I always love having a bit of music in a VN.

How risque do you like your CG art to be for an Otome?
- I have no limitations. Whether risque or not, as long as it's exciting or significant to the story, that's all I care about. If I absolutely had to choose, I say why not go risque? Horror x risque is a great combo.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Renkka (Crystal Compass)
Narrative Designer, Writer, Editor
-- Character Art by: Eightway (The Glass Coffin), MizuYukiiro (Honey Trap), YuukiPudding (Picture Perfect Romance)

User avatar
Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 620
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:15 pm
Completed: Pinewood Island
Projects: As We Know It, In Blood
Organization: Jaime Scribbles Games
Deviantart: breakfastdoodles
itch: scribbles
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Re: In Blood [GxB/G][Otome/Horror/Dark Fantasy]

#3 Post by Scribbles » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:29 am

renkka wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:44 pm
I'm a huge fan of horror, and having it mixed with dark fantasy and horror is a complete "yes" in my books.

Which love interest are you most interested in so far?
- Tristin, hands down, though Karon seems like he'll have really fun interactions with Eleadora.

What do you think of the art style so far?
- I love it! All of the characters are distinct from one another, and the coloring/shading style is gorgeous. All of the character designs look like a lot of thought was put into them, which I can appreciate a lot. I also love how Nyarbalte looks.

Is original music a must or will ambient sound do? (wind blowing, nature sounds, that sort of thing)
- Ambient sound seems appropriate for what I imagine the setting to be like, but I always love having a bit of music in a VN.

How risque do you like your CG art to be for an Otome?
- I have no limitations. Whether risque or not, as long as it's exciting or significant to the story, that's all I care about. If I absolutely had to choose, I say why not go risque? Horror x risque is a great combo.
Thanks for answering those questions! I really love how all of the characters turned out art-wise, the artist did wonderful work!
Image - Image -Image

User avatar
milksoda
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:29 pm
Tumblr: xubearu
Contact:

Re: In Blood [GxB/G][Otome/Horror/Dark Fantasy]

#4 Post by milksoda » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:37 am

Which love interest are you most interested in so far?
- Tristin and Seta, they seem like they would backstab me and I am honestly just living for drama at this point.

What do you think of the art style so far?
- I love it so much, it really reminds me of classic horror visual novels. It really sets the tone, but it is also eerie and so charismatic.

Is original music a must or will ambient sound do? (wind blowing, nature sounds, that sort of thing)
- I don't think there has to be background music in every scene, sometimes silence is scarier than having sound, but I would like some music when necessary. The contrast between a scene and a shocking silence is so much more obvious when whatever background music is playing suddenly cuts out.

How risque do you like your CG art to be for an Otome?
- If the shoe fits. I feel like scenes that have been obviously watered down or ramped up really kill the mood, so I think you should go for whatever feels right. rather than my own personal preference, I like it better when everything fits contextually and thematically.

User avatar
akrasia
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:23 am
Projects: Housebound
Tumblr: akrasiagames
Deviantart: siaakra
itch: siaakra
Contact:

Re: In Blood [GxB/G][Otome/Horror/Dark Fantasy]

#5 Post by akrasia » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:27 am

Which love interest are you most interested in so far?
Tied between Tristan and Brenton so far. Probably Tristan though. Desperate people make for interesting stories!

What do you think of the art style so far?
Lovely! Different! It's one I haven't seen too much, so I'm looking forward to seeing more of it. It's beautiful. :)

Is original music a must or will ambient sound do? (wind blowing, nature sounds, that sort of thing)
I think music is needed as well as ambient sound, though as milksoda said some moments of silence can have a large impact.
I don't think it needs to be original music though, I have no issue with well done royalty free music.

How risque do you like your CG art to be for an Otome?
I'm honestly not fussed, I prefer it fit the story rather than be purposely risque or not. When well done though, I'll never say no to a risque CG! :D

User avatar
Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 620
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:15 pm
Completed: Pinewood Island
Projects: As We Know It, In Blood
Organization: Jaime Scribbles Games
Deviantart: breakfastdoodles
itch: scribbles
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Re: In Blood [GxB/G][Otome/Horror/Dark Fantasy]

#6 Post by Scribbles » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:48 am

milksoda wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:37 am
Which love interest are you most interested in so far?
- Tristin and Seta, they seem like they would backstab me and I am honestly just living for drama at this point.
I love this answer! lol and thank you for all the other feedback as well! :D
Image - Image -Image

User avatar
Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 620
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:15 pm
Completed: Pinewood Island
Projects: As We Know It, In Blood
Organization: Jaime Scribbles Games
Deviantart: breakfastdoodles
itch: scribbles
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Re: In Blood [GxB/G][Otome/Horror/Dark Fantasy]

#7 Post by Scribbles » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:50 am

akrasia wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:27 am
Which love interest are you most interested in so far?
Tied between Tristan and Brenton so far. Probably Tristan though. Desperate people make for interesting stories!

What do you think of the art style so far?
Lovely! Different! It's one I haven't seen too much, so I'm looking forward to seeing more of it. It's beautiful. :)

Is original music a must or will ambient sound do? (wind blowing, nature sounds, that sort of thing)
I think music is needed as well as ambient sound, though as milksoda said some moments of silence can have a large impact.
I don't think it needs to be original music though, I have no issue with well done royalty free music.

How risque do you like your CG art to be for an Otome?
I'm honestly not fussed, I prefer it fit the story rather than be purposely risque or not. When well done though, I'll never say no to a risque CG! :D
Thanks for your feedback! I like to have art that sorta sticks out which can make me a bit nervous, but I'm glad you like it!
Image - Image -Image

User avatar
illuminate001
Veteran
Posts: 389
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:46 pm
Completed: DSGR, Let's MEAT Adam, Sexy Litter, Bara Boarders
Projects: Secret Project
Organization: Soulsoft Electronic Arts
Tumblr: soulsoftea
itch: soulsoftea
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: In Blood [GxB/G][Otome/Horror/Dark Fantasy]

#8 Post by illuminate001 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:27 pm

Hey Scribbs!

Just wanted to pop by and show support and my enthusiasm for InBlood! (I'm the Sprite Artist :D )

Although I did the character art, honestly, I probably know as much about the game, as those of you who've just read the synopsis for this in-dev VN.


  • Which love interest are you most interested in so far?

At first, I was leaning towards the fiery Brenton, and I had intentionally designed his physical looks to lean more towards what I'm more personally attracted to. But then came Tristin, oh boy, and now I'm pretty sure he's the one lol. Although, Seta (who I know abit more about than most) is a super interesting character, so I'd also like to see her route and where that takes Ellie.


  • What do you think of the art style so far?

I had alot of fun with these, especially the Nyarbalte Sprite. What I'm really interested in, is seeing the backgrounds come together and how the Sprites look on top of those. =)


  • Is original music a must or will ambient sound do? (wind blowing, nature sounds, that sort of thing)

I think Ambient sound can be really powerful, especially when used dramatically and shifting from music to, let's say, just wind blowing. Ambient sound is great at creating a sense of eeriness as well. Which, to me, would fit this game. I suggest using a combination of both. For music, I envision darker piano melodies or like jazz piano tunes but disjointed and broken up somehow.


  • How risque do you like your CG art to be for an Otome?

Mmm I'm ok with very risque, even pornographic, to very light soft...not even treading close to "softcore". I think it just depends on the mood and maybe if it fits the tone of the story. Like I can picture something possibly very risque between Ellie and Karon for instance, seeing as how wild, drunk and hedonistic he is. But maybe that treatment wouldn't match, for instance, Tristin etc.


Also, how graphic is the horror planned on being? Is the horror more psychological or more gorey?
ImageImage
ImageImage

User avatar
Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 620
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:15 pm
Completed: Pinewood Island
Projects: As We Know It, In Blood
Organization: Jaime Scribbles Games
Deviantart: breakfastdoodles
itch: scribbles
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Re: In Blood [GxB/G][Otome/Horror/Dark Fantasy]

#9 Post by Scribbles » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:36 pm

illuminate001 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:27 pm
Hey Scribbs!

Just wanted to pop by and show support and my enthusiasm for InBlood! (I'm the Sprite Artist :D )

Although I did the character art, honestly, I probably know as much about the game, as those of you who've just read the synopsis for this in-dev VN.


  • Which love interest are you most interested in so far?

At first, I was leaning towards the fiery Brenton, and I had intentionally designed his physical looks to lean more towards what I'm more personally attracted to. But then came Tristin, oh boy, and now I'm pretty sure he's the one lol. Although, Seta (who I know abit more about than most) is a super interesting character, so I'd also like to see her route and where that takes Ellie.


  • What do you think of the art style so far?

I had alot of fun with these, especially the Nyarbalte Sprite. What I'm really interested in, is seeing the backgrounds come together and how the Sprites look on top of those. =)


  • Is original music a must or will ambient sound do? (wind blowing, nature sounds, that sort of thing)

I think Ambient sound can be really powerful, especially when used dramatically and shifting from music to, let's say, just wind blowing. Ambient sound is great at creating a sense of eeriness as well. Which, to me, would fit this game. I suggest using a combination of both. For music, I envision darker piano melodies or like jazz piano tunes but disjointed and broken up somehow.


  • How risque do you like your CG art to be for an Otome?

Mmm I'm ok with very risque, even pornographic, to very light soft...not even treading close to "softcore". I think it just depends on the mood and maybe if it fits the tone of the story. Like I can picture something possibly very risque between Ellie and Karon for instance, seeing as how wild, drunk and hedonistic he is. But maybe that treatment wouldn't match, for instance, Tristin etc.


Also, how graphic is the horror planned on being? Is the horror more psychological or more gorey?
you did a wonderful job on the character art!!

thanks for the feedback > < I am very excited for this project. As for the horror it'll be a mix but more leaning more towards psychological.
Image - Image -Image

twistypb
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:25 am
itch: maryarroz.itch.io
Contact:

Re: In Blood [GxB/G][Otome/Horror/Dark Fantasy]

#10 Post by twistypb » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:20 am

Which love interest are you most interested in so far?
Very intrigued by Tristin! Love his design and very interested to know what he's hiding :)

What do you think of the art style so far?
I really like it. Seta, Nyarbalte and Eris have really fascinating designs. The coloring also looks very clean so I can't wait to see them in-game.

Is original music a must or will ambient sound do? (wind blowing, nature sounds, that sort of thing)
Ambient is really nice for atmosphere. I do like music - doesn't necessarily have to be original though, just something unrecognizable.

How risque do you like your CG art to be for an Otome?
Personally don't have a preference.

Best of luck to you and your team! Super interested in playing this ♡ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

User avatar
Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 620
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:15 pm
Completed: Pinewood Island
Projects: As We Know It, In Blood
Organization: Jaime Scribbles Games
Deviantart: breakfastdoodles
itch: scribbles
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Re: In Blood [GxB/G][Otome/Horror/Dark Fantasy]

#11 Post by Scribbles » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:05 pm

twistypb wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:20 am
Which love interest are you most interested in so far?
Very intrigued by Tristin! Love his design and very interested to know what he's hiding :)

What do you think of the art style so far?
I really like it. Seta, Nyarbalte and Eris have really fascinating designs. The coloring also looks very clean so I can't wait to see them in-game.

Is original music a must or will ambient sound do? (wind blowing, nature sounds, that sort of thing)
Ambient is really nice for atmosphere. I do like music - doesn't necessarily have to be original though, just something unrecognizable.

How risque do you like your CG art to be for an Otome?
Personally don't have a preference.

Best of luck to you and your team! Super interested in playing this ♡ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Thank you! I love the character designs. I'm thinking of doing a mix of music styles that's what a lot of people are saying. :D
Image - Image -Image

User avatar
Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 620
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:15 pm
Completed: Pinewood Island
Projects: As We Know It, In Blood
Organization: Jaime Scribbles Games
Deviantart: breakfastdoodles
itch: scribbles
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Re: In Blood [GxB/G][Otome/Horror/Dark Fantasy]

#12 Post by Scribbles » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:05 pm

Gave the OP an overhaul, including more art and link to Patreon and twitter to assist in following the game's progress!

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/JaimeScribbles

Twitter: https://twitter.com/WafflesRtheBest
Image - Image -Image

User avatar
Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 620
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:15 pm
Completed: Pinewood Island
Projects: As We Know It, In Blood
Organization: Jaime Scribbles Games
Deviantart: breakfastdoodles
itch: scribbles
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Re: In Blood [GxB/G][Otome/Horror/Dark Fantasy]

#13 Post by Scribbles » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:02 pm

There is now a Steam store page! You can wishlist and follow, I'll post updates there as often as I can!

Link: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1116750/In_Blood/
Image - Image -Image

User avatar
Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 620
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:15 pm
Completed: Pinewood Island
Projects: As We Know It, In Blood
Organization: Jaime Scribbles Games
Deviantart: breakfastdoodles
itch: scribbles
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Re: In Blood [GxB/G][Otome/Horror/Dark Fantasy]

#14 Post by Scribbles » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:21 pm

Updated the OP with various small details! I've made some more progress overall on the game and am hoping to release an amazing demo this spring! All of the art for the Demo is done and all audio for the game will begin development Janurary-ish!
Image - Image -Image

User avatar
Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Posts: 1363
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:37 pm
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch
Contact:

Re: In Blood [GxB/G][Otome/Horror/Dark Fantasy]

#15 Post by Googaboga » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:15 pm

Sounds great! I'm looking forward to it :D
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users