Smart Girls Demo [Short VN] [Trivia Game]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
TennisHero
Deviantart: TennisHero

Smart Girls Demo [Short VN] [Trivia Game]

#1 Post by TennisHero »

smartgirls.png

Plot: "Smart Girls" tells a story about of a high school quiz bowl team competing in a city wide academic-challenge tournament. While the girls are exceptionally bright, their school doesn't exactly have a good reputation and they've been written off as underdogs who don't stand a chance.

Gameplay The gimmick of this game is that the player will actually get to participate in the competition by answering questions in real time. The further you progress through the tournament, the more story you unlock, giving the player an incentive to answer questions correctly. The moderator will read off a category and give each team a chance to answer the question. If you answer correctly, you will earn 10 points. If you answer incorrectly, the other team will have a chance to answer the question for 5 points. If neither team answers correctly, the moderator will read the answer and no points will be rewarded. The players must simply type out the answer to the question. The tournament takes place over the course of two days, so it will be a relatively short novel.

smartgirls_screen.png
Please note, this is not a K-On! fan game. I used the default Kisekae avatars as placeholders for the characters. This is just a rough draft of what the game will look like.

Feedback: If you like what you see, leave me a review. Tell me what worked and what could be improved.

PC: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1r-CiA ... AHZmqvVB5u
MAC: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1i9OYQ ... FgrjIOUPuy