Ephemeral Light: Overture [Otome] [Fantasy, Drama]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
moonbbit
Projects: Ephemeral Light: Overture, Alas: Our Poor Hearts, The Wall Between Us
Organization: MOONBBIT☆
Tumblr: moonbbit
itch: moonbbit

Ephemeral Light: Overture [Otome] [Fantasy, Drama]

#1 Post by moonbbit »

blog | twitter | website | itch.io

SYNOPSIS | "Our god has disappeared, he no longer answers to our prayers."

As the messenger of Heliath and the oracle of his religion, Leone was at a loss
when her god stopped his communications. As his presence faded, she became increasingly
troubled that something happened to him.

However, before her worries had the chance to settle, misfortune crashed down on her
when the son of the Pirate King kidnapped her. His greed for Heliath's treasure opened up
an opportunity for her to find her disappeared god.

Bounded by duties and responsibilities, it boiled down to her decision to take it as the
chance or find an alternative in her favour.

The choices between duty and freedom, honour and heart.
At the end of the day, her decision must be made with the sacrifice of one side in favour of another.

CAST | "Wherever you go, as long as you know who you are, you'll never be lost."

FEATURES | "Remember, at the end of the day, only you can make your decision."
  • Four romantic interests with various motives and beliefs, each with
    their own adventures outside of the heroine's own. Some more immoral than others.
  • Two paths directing the heroine towards various futures she might end up
    in depending on your choices.
  • Estimated word count: 275,000 words, with each route roughly 50,000 words.
  • Demo Release Date: Summer 2019, which will include: prologue, chapter one
    and two (common), chapter three (path's common)

vchan
Regular

Re: Ephemeral Light: Overture [Otome] [Fantasy, Drama]

#2 Post by vchan »

Omg the GUI and the art is so pretty!! I saw this on Twitter a while back and was wondering when a post would be made on Lemma. I’m glad it’s finally on here!! All the characters seem so interesting. Personally I’m always fond of court dramas. I find the choice system interesting too and wonder how it will play out with the four types of system choosing. So it’s almost like stats raising and those stats determine which bachelor? Kind of different and cool if it’s like that. Ignore me if I’m wrong. Awwwww I really like the side characters and especially Caledone!!! Wish he was a bachelor lol. My fave to romance has to be Vanyal. He seems to be an interesting character. Good luck to the game!!

moonbbit
Projects: Ephemeral Light: Overture, Alas: Our Poor Hearts, The Wall Between Us
Organization: MOONBBIT☆
Tumblr: moonbbit
itch: moonbbit

Re: Ephemeral Light: Overture [Otome] [Fantasy, Drama]

#3 Post by moonbbit »

Thank you so much <3 The game is actually not centred around court drama.
It's actually an adventure fantasy game inspired by JRPG style, sorry for not making that clearer :(
There's no stat-raising or choice system in it as well haha the game mostly plays out like a traditional visual novel, what happens is that there are two different storylines completely based on your choices, one surrounding sea and pirate theme while the other surrounds land and mercenary theme
I'm glad you like Caledone! He's a favourite of mine too, but he's protagonist's little brother so romance is sadly not available now. Maybe with a different protagonist!
Thank you again for your comment, hope you'll enjoy the game when it comes out :D

These two were revealed on the blog but I figured I should post them here too, they'll show up in the prologue!