Portrait of You [BxB] [18+] [updated 11/12]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo.
fontainerichelieu
Projects: Portrait Of You
Tumblr: goldencelestine
itch: goldencelestine

Portrait of You [BxB] [18+] [updated 11/12]

#1 Post by fontainerichelieu » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:41 am

Step into the shoes of a beat down art curator, Fontaine, as he tries to salvage his gallery and his love life.

Official Update Blog: https://heart-of-hiraeth.tumblr.com/tag ... raitofyou/

A very early stage demo can be found here: https://heartofhiraeth.itch.io/portrait-of-you/

Portrait of You centers around Fontaine, a curator at a small-time gallery somewhere in New York. He’s not making much with the visitors to the gallery and decides to scout a renowned artist to boost his profits. Along the way, depending on your choices, he will also find love. Within the game, there will be 4 romanceable options, possibly more. The story is set in a modern timeframe, in New York, and its themes are heavily based around the nature of beauty and art history. Inspired by Micheal Cunningham’s novel By Nightfall, this game promises you a tour through the modern art scene with some surprises along the way.

This game will feature a buying and trading system, where you, as Fontaine, can sell and buy artworks to increase (or drag down) the repute of the gallery. The artworks you buy and sell will also affect your relationship with other characters. Currency is earnt through minigames scattered throughout the route as well as sidequests from NPCs. As mentioned, it will feature four romanceable options for now, of which, Allen, the watercolorist, will be the only romanceable option in the demo. If time permits, another artist, the sculptor Chan, will be added to the roster.

------

Progress for full demo:

Art (Sprites + CGs): Sprites - 100% | CGs - 0%
Script: Redoing from scratch by myself as I want to head in a different direction - 0%
UI - 100%
Music - 100%
Programming - 10%, as script is being redone but basic template is there. Am doing this by myself as well.

------

Fontaine, aka the MC holds a less than average job, leading a pretty average life until the gallery's books start hitting the red. Thereon, he strives to get back what he once had - love, money and the gallery. Traverse the spaces and those in between to find how he became and how he will be.

Allen, the skilled watercolorist, is drinker with a loud, brash mouth. Unable to contain himself during his first meet with Fontaine (much to the latter's chagrin), he proves to be not only a formidable person in his field but may also be holding the key to Fontaine's past.

Chan, Allen's cousin, is a sculptor whose works can only be described as "visually Kafka-esque". He's first encountered trying to haul Allen from a bar after one too many drinks. Is trans and tired of having to babysit drunk Allen.

-----

Find us at:

Twitter: http://twitter.com/YouPortrait/

and consider supporting our Patreon here: https://www.patreon.com/heartofhiraeth/
Last edited by fontainerichelieu on Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

mjinx
Regular
Projects: I-DUEL: A Battle for Stardom!
Organization: Jinxiee Games
itch: jinxieegames

Re: Portrait of You [BxB] [18+]

#2 Post by mjinx » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:33 pm

Ah, Silver, you finally revealed the game you're working on~

I really like the art curator setting and the gameplay mechanics look like it'd be much fun~

Good luck!

Ertal77
Veteran
Completed: A Hand in the Darkness, Chasing the Stars, My Burning Heart, Blood and Lust
Projects: Lurkers, Night and Day
Organization: Ertal Games
Tumblr: ertal77
itch: ertal-games

Re: Portrait of You [BxB] [18+]

#3 Post by Ertal77 » Fri May 24, 2019 1:08 pm

I'm already in love with this project! :o
Do you like BL games? Then join Ertal Games' Discord!

fontainerichelieu
Projects: Portrait Of You
Tumblr: goldencelestine
itch: goldencelestine

Re: Portrait of You [BxB] [18+] [updated 11/12]

#4 Post by fontainerichelieu » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:43 pm

Thanks, @Ertal77! ;v; Just saw your comment today and it really made my day <3

Also updated the page to reflect the latest changes! \o/